Should NES drop Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should the manager drop Kane

• yes

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • no

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • not yet but if things dont improve it can't be ruled out.

Votes: 34 29.8%

• Total voters
Well last time they played against a decent side we beat City 1-0 quite comfortably. And that was with the dynamic trio of Skipp/Dele/PEH behind them.

This week we got pumped 3-0 in case you missed it.

Kane's ability in the box isn't much use if he hasn't got the legs to get there anymore.

So your solution is to play a front three in which two rarely score in the Premier League? Their records show that. Go check the stats for yourself, I'm not making it up.

I can see us paying 60/70M in January for Vlahovic

Only way he (or any striker of note) will be available in January is if his club are safely lower mid-table with nothing to play for (no domestic cups, no EL push, no CL push, no relegation; nothing).......

Atalanta are current 8th after 4 games; 2 points off of 3rd.

They are also currently in the CL in a group they could likely come 2nd in; if not 3rd. At the very least you'd expect them to be in the Europa league still come January.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited:
So your solution is to play a front three in which two rarely score in the Premier League? Their records show that. Go check the stats for yourself, I'm not making it up.

Yes but in one game they played ok and created 1 goal and 1 chance so you should ignore the many other games in which they have been close to good enough and only look at that one game.

Last edited:
Yes but in one game they play ok and created 1 goal and 1 chance so you should ignore the many other games in which they have been close to good enough and only look at that one game.

I'm not completely sold on the idea of dropping Kane, but regardless you are completely ignoring the many games when Son has played well at CF..... The many games that we have won with him as striker.

I'm not completely sold on the idea of dropping Kane, but regardless you are completely ignoring the many games when Son has played well at CF..... The many games that we have won with him as striker.

Son is not the issue I see with dropping Kane, although I think using him as a striker for a long stretch is a bad idea.

Having two players with 3, 4, 1, 3 PL goals the last two seasons as two main pieces in attack and to replace a player who routinely has provided us with 25+ goals is a terrible idea.

Bergiwijn and Moura are bad options to pair with Kane and Son because of their lack of goal scoring/creating ability, to take Kane out of that and rely on them both is a horrible plan.

Son is not the issue I see with dropping Kane, although I think using him as a striker for a long stretch is a bad idea.

Having two players with 3, 4, 1, 3 PL goals the last two seasons as two main pieces in attack and to replace a player who routinely has provided us with 25+ goals is a terrible idea.

Bergiwijn and Moura are bad options to pair with Kane and Son because of their lack of goal scoring/creating ability, to take Kane out of that and rely on them both is a horrible plan.

One of which will be playing regardless.... Mix it up. Play Gil instead of one......

My approach is to not be scared of changing things up when we've looked so limp in attack and Kane looks in no danger of scoring.

I'd start him against Woolwich as he always scores against them.

But being Harry Kane doesn't give you free reign to play like shit for 8-10 games unchallenged by fans, or at least it shouldn't. No player should be undroppable (see Poch subbing Messi this weekend).

Yes that is a problem.

You're left playing the hand your dealt... Ergo, you either persist with something that doesn't work or you attempt to ring the changes.

This is what separates ACTUAL management from one pontificating on a forum with the impression that they can actually do the job themselves.

My approach is to not be scared of changing things up when we've looked so limp in attack and Kane looks in no danger of scoring.

I'd start him against Woolwich as he always scores against them.

But being Harry Kane doesn't give you free reign to play like shit for 8-10 games unchallenged by fans, or at least it shouldn't. No player should be undroppable (see Poch subbing Messi this weekend).

THIS.

The summer saga served to revoke his 'golden boy' privileges.

Only way he (or any striker of note) will be available in January is if his club are safely lower mid-table with nothing to play for (no domestic cups, no EL push, no CL push, no relegation; nothing).......

Atalanta are current 8th after 4 games; 2 points off of 3rd.

They are also currently in the CL in a group they could likely come 2nd in; if not 3rd. At the very least you'd expect them to be in the Europa league still come January.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
He doesn't play for Atalanta. Fiorentina are 5th so point stands.

You're left playing the hand your dealt... Ergo, you either persist with something that doesn't work or you attempt to ring the changes.

This is what separates ACTUAL management from one pontificating on a forum with the impression that they can actually do the job themselves.

Attempting something stupid like Bergwijn-Son-Moura is what separates managers that have actual success and those that are 7th choice losers that are clearly in over their head.

The hand that you are dealt is a pathetic excuse when Nuno is part of the group making football decisions for the club.

Attempting something stupid like Bergwijn-Son-Moura is what separates managers that have actual success and those that are 7th choice losers that are clearly in over their head.

The hand that you are dealt is a pathetic excuse when Nuno is part of the group making football decisions for the club.
Nuno is not part of the footballing or transfer decisions. Its levy and paritici deciding things. His decision just includes saying yes to his employer who wont allow Kane to be dropped anyway as levy needs his value up to be able to sell him for the nonsense price tag he wants.

Nuno is not part of the footballing or transfer decisions. Its levy and paritici deciding things. His decision just includes saying yes to his employer who wont allow Kane to be dropped anyway as levy needs his value up to be able to sell him for the nonsense price tag he wants.

If Nuno doesn't mention to Levy/Paratici that we need more help in attack and then just stays quiet and goes with it then he takes some of the blame.

Both Poch and Jose came out with statements when not backed, in their view. If Nuno is just a yes man then that is a black mark on him.

If Nuno doesn't mention to Levy/Paratici that we need more help in attack and then just stays quiet and goes with it then he takes some of the blame.

Both Poch and Jose came out with statements when not backed, in their view. If Nuno is just a yes man then that is a black mark on him.

That's a different conversation to that of dropping Kane or not.

Yes it is sometimes discussion move to different things.

A.k.a. "I reserve the right to pluck an irrelevant point out of my arse when i feel like it". :)

There should be zero discussion of dropping Kane, it is a ridiculous idea at this point.

No... Just cos you don't agree; that doesn't mean there's no scope to discuss the matter.

Back
Top Bottom