Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not saying I want the ENIC to stay in control, but, everyone who wants ENIC to sell better realize one thing… if they sell it will be to Americans. Is a distant owner better than English owners?

Depends entirely on who they hire as the DoF if the chairman doesn’t get involved much.

I just want owners that care about the football side first. Not ones that just do enough to keep things ticking over with the odd grand gesture like Bale or keeping Kane thrown in as fan appeasers.Contrast the boxing show last night with the football team today. Priorities just totally off.

I wonder how bad things have to get before they start spending properly on players. At the moment we look like prime candidates for a relegation fight. Surely something like that can't be good for their investment? Might cost more than actually improving the team.

I wonder how bad things have to get before they start spending properly on players. At the moment we look like prime candidates for a relegation fight. Surely something like that can't be good for their investment? Might cost more than actually improving the team.
We only buy players that no other big team wants

We have no interest in getting into bidding wars but that means we'll always end up with second rate players

I’m not saying I want the ENIC to stay in control, but, everyone who wants ENIC to sell better realize one thing… if they sell it will be to Americans. Is a distant owner better than English owners?

Entirely depends.

If we get owners like Liverpool, yes. They're far from perfect and run the club for profit, but at least they're competent at it. They hire well, clearly have a great scouting department, and their transfer committee is way more effective than anything we have in place.

They're well run. Again not ideal and they do make mistakes, but they're not total continuous fuck ups like ENIC.

ENIC and Levy really caught lightning in a bottle with Poch and that golden generation of players, but have crapped the bed since. It’s not that they haven’t spent, when you think about the package for Jose and the players we’ve brought in (notwithstanding the holes and weaknesses in our squad), but you have to question their competence.

ENIC and Levy really caught lightning in a bottle with Poch and that golden generation of players, but have crapped the bed since. It’s not that they haven’t spent, when you think about the package for Jose and the players we’ve brought in (notwithstanding the holes and weaknesses in our squad), but you have to question their competence.
Jose was only hired to star in Levy's Amazon Prime freak show. The appointment paid for itself.
Why else would the "shrewdest" chairman in football hire a renowned cheque book manager?

FAPDS-IWEAEyu6t

I don't think his serial winner reputation had anything to do with his appointment. Replacing him with Ryan Mason a week before a cup final pretty much pisses over that theory.

We disagree on this point then. Jose’s appointment was already looking shaky by the time we got to the League Cup, and I thought the timing of his sacking was odd. I have my doubts over Levy’s competence but to say that he signed Jose only for an amazon TV show is a serious stretch.

Back
Top Bottom