ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hes only 17 though, so nothing close to what he will be in the end. But yea he looks completely shit right now, and nowhere near mens football. Dont know whose brilliant idea it is to dump a 17 year old in the team and not bring other 20 year olds we have from the academy instead.
Or whose brainwave it was to lose Vinicius and Bale and replace them with Scarlett who is clearly nowhere near ready.

Kane was actually playing for Orient around 17/18 years old not getting smashed up by Slovenian farmers.
So what?

You're completely missing the point I'm making. Too many on here thinking they're talent scouts or expert pundits, watch a kid at the start of his career, don't see him ripping it up like a young Rooney so they write off that player. Or they go the opposite way, see a player have a great start to his career, proclaim him as the next Ronaldo, then watch that kid disappear into mediocrity, all just so they can bask in their own self adulation with the "I told you so's."

Its 100% not Scarlett's fault he's brave to be stepping up. If I was his representative or family I'd politely tell the club to go fuck them self and stop sabotaging his development. He IS NOT Wayne Rooney. Its border line abuse. Go fucking get Lorrente, offer Serge Aurier a year at striker I'd put money on him actually doing better than Scarlett. I say this whilst still believing the boy has a bright future.

I fear for Gil, Rodon, Skipp & Romero the way things are atm as it is.

Either feed him minutes with a functioning team around him or leave the kid the fuck alone......

Imagine if he'd have had 20 minutes of the following just once this season instead... He might actually learn a few things:

Lucas / Gio / Son
------ Scarlet -----

Last edited:
So what?

You're completely missing the point I'm making. Too many on here thinking they're talent scouts or expert pundits, watch a kid at the start of his career, don't see him ripping it up like a young Rooney so they write off that player. Or they go the opposite way, see a player have a great start to his career, proclaim him as the next Ronaldo, then watch that kid disappear into mediocrity, all just so they can bask in their own self adulation with the "I told you so's."
It's got very little to do with potential "I told you so's" and instead simply that the kid looks like trash.

I don't see why so many other posters are finding it so hard to call a spade a spade.

I can't stop looking at it. Dont know whether to laugh or worry about nightmares
Any excuse and all that

you-wot-mate-62728463.png

Great result. Great team selection and subs by Nuno but what the feck did he say at HT?
Half our side went on strike early second half.
We obviously had better players and a better team but I was disappointed by Gil, GLC and Doc.
Gil was too cocky, GLC -I want more from him and the diving pissed me off.
Doc is normally solid but his passing was off today. Luckily no mistakes.
Their goal I can't put down to anybody just a great strike.
Doc is normally solid????

Yes

Between the ears!

Actually couldn’t care less about this game and didn’t watch it, I want to see us performing in the league. Also really I don’t give a fuck about this minnow tournament, any quality on display is very much amplified by the abjectness of the opposition. Sorry to be a debby downer
So why post on the match thread?

:mourwhat:

I haven't been impressed by Scarlett yet, but nobody should be writing off a 17 year old. I still believed in Santa when I was 17 I think, and hadn't even had my first hand job. It's not his fault we have a poor squad and our only other out and out striker is out on loan.
It makes sense not getting your first hand job at 17 if you still believed in Santa at that age.

But yea, I agree and it doesn’t make sense why we have a 17 year old kid as our only back up striker. I just looked up and even Son was playing at U17 in Germany when he was 17 and was introduced to the first team at 18.

Back
Top Bottom