Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Won 1 trophey in cca 20 years or their regime and 50 people voted ENIC IN?

I really wanna know why?

Oh god don't ask, one of their on-hand bankers will come in and start throwing spreadsheets at you, in order to distract you from the situation on the actual football pitch.

Newcastle is brilliant news for Enic as it will increase global media payout. Old Lewis will be wanking over his Rembrandt.

Terrible news for Spurs football as they not have to pretend anymore they have any ambition.

Won 1 trophey in cca 20 years or their regime and 50 people voted ENIC IN?

I really wanna know why?

1 Trophy yes, but that doesn't paint the full picture. Multiple finals - including the biggest of them all (ECL).

The premier league has evolved as such that 'Top 4' is now considered a bigger 'trophy' than the FA and Milk Cup, and under that logic, we have been very successful.

We have built one of the worlds best stadiums and have world class training and development facilities.

We have produced /developed some world class players (Kane, Bale, Son, Modric, Winks).

With City, United, Chelsea in the league, we cannot simply BUY our way to a trophy - we have to do it with hard work and passion - which ultimately we have lost over the last couple of seasons. Restructures at the club have clearly affected morale throughout our staff on and off the pitch - and that of course is down to ENICs (thus far) botched post Poch rebuild.

Let's hope that Partici now steers us in the right direction and our new crop of young players learn to love the shirt and play at 100%

Out not just to the highest bidder, but to someone who gives a shit

I genuinely don’t think ENICs spending is the problem, it’s the schizophrenic changes of policy, and scattergun approach to targets and managers.

Levy clearly lacks conviction in what his goals for the club are, and whether we need a DoF or not, how we should play, what manager he needs.
We’ve also become a club where players come to ruin their careers and most managers simply don’t trust.

I’m ok with Levy spending 220M……..just not on Sessengon, Sanchez, Aurier, Ndombele and Lo Celso

I genuinely don’t think ENICs spending is the problem, it’s the schizophrenic changes of policy, and scattergun approach to targets and managers.

Levy clearly lacks conviction in what his goals for the club are, and whether we need a DoF or not, how we should play, what manager he needs.
We’ve also become a club where players come to ruin their careers and most managers simply don’t trust.

I’m ok with Levy spending 220M……..just not on Sessengon, Sanchez, Aurier, Ndombele and Lo Celso

Yeah, I agree it’s not so much about ENIC spending or not, but what they’re spending on and when they’re doing it. Letting the club drift through 2 barren windows, when it was arguably the opportunity for us to continue strengthening and building, and our seemingly scattergun scouting and recruitment are the issues I have.

Whatever part ENIC eventually sell, be it the football club, associated assets, or the infrastructure, it absolutely will be to the highest bidder. There's little doubt about that.
Although, sadly, I think they'll be around to cream the profits off their multi sports and entertainment complex for some time to come, while the FC continue to service the debt.
Their ultimate dream, as they freely confessed, was to land a permanent NFL franchise and that's still a few more years down the pipeline one would imagine.

Be careful what you wish for. The next bastard will be a bigger one.
After 21 years, I think most of us are prepared to take the chance.

Lets be honest, is anyone really feeling a sense of thrill and excitement at the prospect of two more decades of the same spendthrift, over cautious approach with Daniel Levy at the helm?

1 Trophy yes, but that doesn't paint the full picture. Multiple finals - including the biggest of them all (ECL).

The premier league has evolved as such that 'Top 4' is now considered a bigger 'trophy' than the FA and Milk Cup, and under that logic, we have been very successful.

We have built one of the worlds best stadiums and have world class training and development facilities.

We have produced /developed some world class players (Kane, Bale, Son, Modric, Winks).

With City, United, Chelsea in the league, we cannot simply BUY our way to a trophy - we have to do it with hard work and passion - which ultimately we have lost over the last couple of seasons. Restructures at the club have clearly affected morale throughout our staff on and off the pitch - and that of course is down to ENICs (thus far) botched post Poch rebuild.

Let's hope that Partici now steers us in the right direction and our new crop of young players learn to love the shirt and play at 100%

So after all that you have just explained, we still have 1 League cup in over 20 years of their leadership, great!!!!

Does anyone know the likely scenario if/when Joe Lewis moves on.. He's in his 80s and has no direct role within spurs day to day. I've read his daughter is the heir to the throne but nothing really is clear.

Levy owns the club aswell, so how does it work when Joe Lewis is gone?

We aren't going to get a rich new buyer as they won't spend billions on us. We are there for an investment fund to take us over and capitalise on where ENIC have got us commercially. We have a rich owner, he just sees this as an investment rather than a hobby he wants to throw money at and win things to boost his ego the same way the PSG, City owners do. We also have to consider the amount of money laundering that goes through these football clubs it doesn't matter about the clubs balance sheets as such, just how it affects the owners personal wealth overall.

Joe Lewis' personal wealth has increased dramatically with spurs, but its just a string on his bow rather than his golden asset.

So when he goes, what happens next? I know technically the shares don't change and remain with the company but the person running the company, do we have any insight into who is next?

In my head I imagine already someone within Tavistock (correct me if I'm wrong) will look at spurs as one of the many on the portfolio, they only care for what money its generating. ENIC who make the spurs decisions and is where Levy comes in, will have power but still ultimately at the mercy of the majority shareholders Tavistock (Joe Lewis as now and whoever takes over).

People have said we're setup to be bought but I just cannot work out who will take on spurs and be any different to our current model.

A whole country is now backing Newcastle, they could've bought us if they wanted but saw Newcastle a better investment. So where do we go from here as a club if were now worth too much for even the richest groups to buy?

Woke up this morning driving to work and listening to talksport. Obviously Newcastle was the main topic and I just thought our club is going to be pushed even further down the pecking order now. We simply don’t have the chairman or the owners that are anywhere near ambitious enough to compete with any of these clubs and we can add Newcastle to that list now. Another 20 years of 0 trophies under their regime and another 20 years of Levy leaving us short every single transfer window. We got a lovely stadium and training complex though 🤦‍ Literally bored of this club underachieving constantly. Please can we have a takeover like Newcastle, surely us long suffering Spurs fans deserve that ?

Does anyone know the likely scenario if/when Joe Lewis moves on.. He's in his 80s and has no direct role within spurs day to day. I've read his daughter is the heir to the throne but nothing really is clear.

Levy owns the club aswell, so how does it work when Joe Lewis is gone?

We aren't going to get a rich new buyer as they won't spend billions on us. We are there for an investment fund to take us over and capitalise on where ENIC have got us commercially. We have a rich owner, he just sees this as an investment rather than a hobby he wants to throw money at and win things to boost his ego the same way the PSG, City owners do. We also have to consider the amount of money laundering that goes through these football clubs it doesn't matter about the clubs balance sheets as such, just how it affects the owners personal wealth overall.

Joe Lewis' personal wealth has increased dramatically with spurs, but its just a string on his bow rather than his golden asset.

So when he goes, what happens next? I know technically the shares don't change and remain with the company but the person running the company, do we have any insight into who is next?

In my head I imagine already someone within Tavistock (correct me if I'm wrong) will look at spurs as one of the many on the portfolio, they only care for what money its generating. ENIC who make the spurs decisions and is where Levy comes in, will have power but still ultimately at the mercy of the majority shareholders Tavistock (Joe Lewis as now and whoever takes over).

People have said we're setup to be bought but I just cannot work out who will take on spurs and be any different to our current model.

A whole country is now backing Newcastle, they could've bought us if they wanted but saw Newcastle a better investment. So where do we go from here as a club if were now worth too much for even the richest groups to buy?
Isn't Joe Lewis' daughter married to Daniel Levy? I may be wrong. But I'm sure there's some kind of family connection between the two

5 appearances in 21 years isn't particularly great, actually. Considering the scum did it 22 years in a row

Back
Top Bottom