The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Invested in 3rd/4th choice players just like they invested in a 7th choice manager. If our signings are bad then change the scouting, Hitchen got a promotion. I agree a lot of players need to be sold but he blocked Alli leaving, Ndombele leaving and Kane in the summer. He hasnt made a good football decision since appointing Poch in 2014.
I don't disagree but a lot of its hindsight. My problem is I still think there has been a level of investment to serve up better than this son 20mil Lucas 20mil ndom 50 lo celso 40 bergwijn 25 (these figures are very vague I know) been many more. I just feel players and management are not doing enough aswell.

Fans love to hate on the likes of deli Dier n winks when they have far exceeded their investment I don't think the same can be said for a lot of our signings in recent years and I think they have got away with it

Happy Serie A GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Left home @ 2pm to attend today. Just got back. I can’t say that the 7 hours was in any sense life enhancing. I could have seen my friends without football.

To know where to start assessing the performance in a calm way is difficult. My throat actually hurts from the (pointless) screams of anger. And a headache is coming on.

Unprofessional. Insulting. Desperate. Tat.

Today a bunch of millionaires, who’s bank balance will not be hurt by 1p by pissing in our collective mouths, were sent out to defend an investment company’s assets. They subsequently failed to commit to anything close to an acceptable performance.

Want to know where this road can lead. Then go watch Sunderland till I die. There are likely a lot of similarities that will be far to close to home for comfort.

Nuno is a nice man. This is not a place for nice people.

Those of us who attended today paid to be insulted. That’s not part of the deal when these bastards demolished our stadium, packed us off to Wembley, flirted with Stratford etc, the pay back is no more restrictions and no more spitting in the face of your customers. They never read the script.

Around us today there were couples having pictures taken at 0-3 by Stewards, yes more than one set ! this is not football as a passion, life blood, this is day out bullshit. And ENIC have conned every single one of us into this hell. Stop the wheel I want to get off. This hamster is done.

I don't disagree but a lot of its hindsight.
How can you ever judge decision making without using hindsight?
It is all we have.
My view is if shit decisions are made by the same individual again and again, it is time to hold them accountable.
Therein lies my issue with the club. Accountability. It is easy blaming the manager, and ENIC use them as the sacrificial lamb.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the rotten apples are at the heart of how the club is run

Because at the time some might think it's the right decision we sign x player he's a star then he flops, Enic out. same cycle. What happens if we get new owners and the same shit happens. My point is I think the players and management need to step up. Sick of hearing about Enic out. Dickheads like Danny Rose going on about googling people, I gotta Google where that motherfucker is playing right now.

These players need to step up and make it count can't just blame Enic

Left home @ 2pm to attend today. Just got back. I can’t say that the 7 hours was in any sense life enhancing. I could have seen my friends without football.

To know where to start assessing the performance in a calm way is difficult. My throat actually hurts from the (pointless) screams of anger. And a headache is coming on.

Today a bunch of millionaires, who’s bank balance will not be hurt by 1p by pissing in our collective mouths, were sent out to defend an investment company’s assets. They subsequently failed to commit to anything close to an acceptable performance.

Want to know where this road can lead. Then go watch Sunderland till I die. There are likely a lot of similarities that will be far to close to home for comfort.

Those of us who attended today paid to be insulted. That’s not part of the deal when these bastards demolished our stadium, packed us off to Wembley, flirted with Stratford etc, the pay back is no more restrictions and no more spitting in the face of your customers. They never read the script.

Around us today there were couples having pictures taken at 0-3 by Stewards, yes more than one set ! this is not football as a passion, life blood, this is day out bullshit. And ENIC have conned every single one of us into this hell. Stop the wheel I want to get off. This hamster is done.
Superb post sir

That was the earliest I have ever left a game in 50 years of attendance. I wanted to leave at H-T but thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Mistake.

Honestly don’t blame you mate.

Know your a season ticket holder aswell and I can’t remember feeling like I did on the concourses this half time.

Drained, fed up, and there’s literally no fucking direction for this club.

It’s not even like we’re a plucky underachiever nicking points. We’re a fat, beige cash machine serving up benign football to keep the wheels turning

...I remember the days when we were top of the league.
Woolwich were bottom of the table.
The birdsong on my morning stroll sounded that little more melodic; my morning porridge tasted that bit sweeter.

Fast forward 2 months and Arse are flying, we can't get a shot on target, my morning porridge tastes like shite and I want to shoot the pesky birds singing
Least you get an extra hour in your scratcher before you’ve to face the day….
4197659-C-6-ABC-4-E61-85-C5-310-E1043-B563.gif

Honestly don’t blame you mate.

Know your a season ticket holder aswell and I can’t remember feeling like I did on the concourses this half time.

Drained, fed up, and there’s literally no fucking direction for this club.

It’s not even like we’re a plucky underachiever nicking points. We’re a fat, beige cash machine serving up benign football to keep the wheels turning

Yep. I'm surrounded by tourists, JCLs, daytrippers and people eating Lemon Drizzle cake and Quiche.

Completely with you there. Feels a very long way back from here, almost nothing seems right with our club at the moment.

It’s an expensive day for those of us that have to travel and performances like today are just a piss take.

The vast majority of those players will not go back and look in the mirror and take any personal responsibility for today. The impression I get is that this club is a nice soft fluffy cloud for footballers that have reached a high enough level to command a very high salary but can’t be arsed to put in what’s required to really compete at the sharp end of things. Lovely facilities, brilliant stadium, insane salary, and getting beat 3-0 at home is just par for the fucking course now days. On to the next one.

Somebody might want to debate the argument about players not feeling responsible but my eyes don’t deceive me and I play football and know when a team is beat and has given up. I see it with this group of players too often.

Nuno is definitely not the answer but whatever manager we choose to go with 100% need to inject some fucking balls and leadership into our team

It's why I jumped off the ride weeks ago and haven't watched a match since, including today.

Mentally I feel better than ever knowing I am not giving my time and money to this corrupt league and the owners of this football club.

I have stepped away, I still look at the results and read the forum but I am not wasting my life away watching players who get paid millions not give a shit about the thing I love, I would rather be blind to it and blind to the greedy rancid owners this club has and what they have turned it into.

I want to remember Spurs as the club I fell in love with 30+ years ago, the club that the fans were a part of, the one I felt proud to support, not this corporate washed prawn sandwich day trip club these owners have turned it into.

This isn't Tottenham Hotspur football club anymore.

You watch Kane and then someone like salah. Acres of space and he cant do anything.
Kane is playing badly on purpose, he´s downed tools! A fucking disgrace he get´s picked week in and week out!
Fuck Harry for going for dirty oil money and buying trophy´s, he can go fuck himself!

But the biggest fuck you goes to Levy and Lewis for letting us slip this far!

Kane is playing badly on purpose, he´s downed tools! A fucking disgrace he get´s picked week in and week out!
Fuck Harry for going for dirty oil money and buying trophy´s, he can go fuck himself!

But the biggest fuck you goes to Levy and Lewis for letting us slip this far!

Kane has lost his motivation.

Levy and Joe Lewis are to blame for that.

Back
Top Bottom