Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I been trying to figure out why Conté stick with the same squad. Why Davies? Why Dier? Why Lucas? Why Kane as a No10?

Then it dawned on me. We only see these players once, maybe twice, a week. Managers see them every day. They get judged based on every Day appearance.

Explains why Jose, Nuno and now Conte basically chose the same teams. Jose came out with it and mentioned the players are Lazy. I'm beginning to this it's true. Time to retrench some of them. Get new Blood that isn't only there for theye paycheck. Even the lowest payed of them earn in 1 month more that Most of us earn in a year.

Get rid of the free loaders. Including Kane if he doesn't improve.

They must also decide Club or Country. We can't afford having players come back from International Duty, playing three games in 8 Days.

This is utter Bullshit. Football is suffering.
Until we are able to sell anyone in Jan, we're kinda stuck with what we've got!

Unless Conte drafted in the under-23's and WSL squads for the next 6 weeks????

It looks like Emerson’s header was right into Greys arm and deflected over. I initially thought he skyed it but it looks like it was on target.
Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Are they really as bad as they come across on TV mate ? I said it on the match thread and i find the Everton fans moaning constantly at Goodison park annoying as fuck! Every season we go there, they are screaming at the Ref for just about every decision. Moaning bunch of Scouse cunts!!!
It probably sounds worse on TV.

They didn't really make any noise in the first half. And only after the flashpoint of the penalty VAR decision did they start whining about everything.

Tbh its not much worse than any other ground. In general as people their fans are more tolerable than their red neighbours that's for sure. Can't stand those kopites.

Jesus you don’t realise how bad we have been until you look at the table. We have scored 9 goals all fucking season. Only team with less in the league is Norwich with 5. They really need to buck their ideas up. Antonio, work you’re magic

I've only just seen the result and haven't read through any comments. Did we play OK or did the team sleep through it, like me?
GIF by Originals
It wasn’t the best but to be fair, there were signs of how Conte wants them to play and listening to his post match interview he’s going to get them a lot fitter so they can carry out his tactics better. I’m very optimistic for the future, it’s very early days so we’ve got to be patient but I’m sure he’s our man

Everyone saying this is a good result needs to remember that this mob got slapped by 5 at home to Watford, and lost their last game to Wolves.

Is this our level of expectation now? I don't even want to look at the league table we are drifting so far off the pace behind the likes of the goons and west ham now.

Not blaming Conte in the slightest before anyone jumps on me, but this isn't good enough from the players.
Can't imagine they played like they did today, against Watford.

Today was a response to that defeat.

They we at us all day and were well up for it.

Was it really?
Watford spanked that mob and they went down tamely to Wolves last week, I want to know why every time we come to town every team is suddenly bang up for it, I'm leaning towards us just being shit.

Totally not Conte's fault though, he needs time. It's the players that need to go at this point, massive clear out incoming with any luck.
Big Club/Small club syndrome....
EVERYONE views us as a big club, and is 'bang up for it' against us...
...no one 'takes their eyes off us' ...like they might with Watford/Wolves
But - as yet - we're not good enough to do anything about it, and are apparently 'above' treating games against West Ham & Everton as big games for US... it's THEIR CUP FINAL, and yet we're always surprised when they raise their game for it!
I often wonder if we sometimes 'pretended' to care about these games, and treat them with the respect, and seriousness they deserve... Rather than scoffing at how much THEIR fans care about beating us, yet we have to maintain this charade of being better than all that... Cos we've got the NLD and all those CL games to work ourselves up about!

.. plus everyone hates Spurs, and just wanna go all out to beat us at ANY opportunity.
Why do you think so many clubs see us as direct rivals?
EVEN Southampton & Leiectser hate us more than they should...
We can't be EVERYONE'S RIVAL!

Blimey, CONTE'S still sleeping at the TRAINING ground... Give him half an hour to settle back into London!

Progress was NOT conceding late to them .. which we've done recently ...
Not the barnstorming 6-2 we all wanted, but it was never gonna be... YET!

More to be happy about than annoyed with ATM.
Amazing that people can't see we'd have gotten battered 3-0 again, today, if nuno was in charge.

Nailed on!

In the circumstances, that was a solid away performance to a team with a very sore bum - after getting pounded in their last game - and they went for us.

It's our second game with a new shape and new instructions, from a new manager (WHO ONLY GOT HERE 5 DAYS AGO!!) , only having a few days to absorb them, and we managed to keep a clean sheet and gain a point with some super average players who actually looked like they had been coached, with an idea behind how they were playing.

Lots on the bright side, today.

We already know all the rest.

There is no way around this situation other than bringing in players AC wants.

The way he wants to play demands better players.

So we have to "suffer" a little longer, as fans, until he can design the team in his image.

As simple as that.

Look forward to January and stop being so fucking miserable, folks.

Antonio Conte is our fucking manager!

Look! He really is! Antonio Conte - Wikipedia

Cheer the fuck up.

Strewth.

These players aren't good enough mate, this squad needs major surgery and I am pretty sure Conte would not have joined us if there wasn't money to rebuild.

That being said, if Conte coming here is a play by Levy thinking this team is good enough and we don't need a major rebuild, just a manager like Conte, then he is in for an absolute shock.

We need to be active in January and very active in the summer, 18 months, that's how long imo it will take to turn this club around and make us a champions league side again and that's with full backing on first targets in every window.

After that, I think we will be setup to win something, until then, this is the situation.
If Conte leaves this club before his contract is up, Levy will be in the taxi behind him. If this doesn't work out and we don't back one of the greatest managers we've ever had, Levy is finished.

I'm honestly getting bored of being at matches and screaming "SHOOT" at our players

I'm not expecting a random shot to go in every time

But we definitely won't score if we never have a go

Big Club/Small club syndrome....
EVERYONE views us as a big club, and is 'bang up for it' against us...
...no one 'takes their eyes off us' ...like they might with Watford/Wolves
But - as yet - we're not good enough to do anything about it, and are apparently 'above' treating games against West Ham & Everton as big games for US... it's THEIR CUP FINAL, and yet we're always surprised when they raise their game for it!
I often wonder if we sometimes 'pretended' to care about these games, and treat them with the respect, and seriousness they deserve... Rather than scoffing at how much THEIR fans care about beating us, yet we have to maintain this charade of being better than all that... Cos we've got the NLD and all those CL games to work ourselves up about!

.. plus everyone hates Spurs, and just wanna go all out to beat us at ANY opportunity.
Why do you think so many clubs see us as direct rivals?
EVEN Southampton & Leiectser hate us more than they should...
We can't be EVERYONE'S RIVAL!

It is very odd. Main rival for Woolwich, main rival for Chelsea, main rival for West Ham. Southampton, Leicester, Villa, Man City and several others all have degrees of rivalry with us.

While all the time telling us we are deluded, irrelevant and a small club. They can't really have it both ways.

I'm honestly getting bored of being at matches and screaming "SHOOT" at our players

I'm not expecting a random shot to go in every time

But we definitely won't score if we never have a go
Son plays like a pussy and has already decided to do his Harry Winks impression doing back/side passes

Kane has zero physicality to even get a decent shot off anymore

Lucas doesn't keep his head up and dribbles into traffic

No one else knows how to shoot or beat the keeper

I don’t think we can afford to play PEH and Skipp in the same team against average opponents. If we are going for a counterattack defensive formation against Man City or Liverpool then fine, but the spark is missing when we need to boss the game. Needs either GLC or Ndombele when playing a 2 man midfield or both when playing a 3.

With 3 CB’s I dont think we need 2 DM’s

Back
Top Bottom