Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are presumably 2 possibilities:
  1. Conte, probably one of the top 5 managers in the world, a pretty arrogant guy who clearly knows is own mind, is doing what Mason tells him to do.
  2. Conte is doubtful about N'Dombele's fitness, attitude, likelihood of doing what he is told to do on the pitch, meanwhile he was impressed with those same attributes in Winks during training etc, so chose Winks to play yesterday (several others being unavailable).
Are you seriously saying that you think 1 above is more likely than 2?
Do you really think anyone on here will give you any credibility on any football opinion you care to give in the future if you honestly say '1'?
Conte already confirmed Mason assisted him with the squad when he first arrived as he knew fuck all about the players. Winks' return is all down to him

Conte already confirmed Mason assisted him with the squad when he first arrived as he knew fuck all about the players. Winks' return is all down to him
Skipp will be DM on Sunday. I don’t care whether Winks or PEH play next to him, neither will be in the starting 11 mid Jan (hopefully sooner and we put Gill/NDom next to Skipp)

Skipp will be DM on Sunday. I don’t care whether Winks or PEH play next to him, neither will be in the starting 11 mid Jan (hopefully sooner and we put Gill/NDom next to Skipp)
PEH is a football criminal on the ball

We desperately need a Dembele / Modric mould - massive gap in our first 11 - so short on quality in midfield

Our best 11? No. Will he start for us again in his time with us? Quite probably, due to circumstances.

And I'll be frustrated with him when he plays poorly (1st half)and happy when he plays well (2nd half).

As should anybody, as should you, if you weren't less Tottenham than Herbert Chapman's long-desiccated seed.

Conte picks the team, watched training, probably looked at videos. So it was down to him, simple. Winks is not my choice but every player deserves one game to show something. Dele also.. ndombele must clearly not be responding. He's on his last chance really. Time to sell if he still carries on being a lazy twat

And poor Conte presumably has no ability to listen to Mason, consider his opinion, then make his own decisions as the manager? And of course it has nothing to do with Conte's (clearly articulated very recently) personal opinion on N'Dombele? Honestly mate, you're making a fool of yourself, I don't know how you expect anyone to take you seriously after this, it's possibly the stupidest thing you've ever said on here.

I've now reported it too.

It's as bad as saying 'thick asian fuck', 'thick african fuck' etc. Most people wouldn't dream of calling someone a 'thick african fuck' so replacing african with irish (or any other nationality) is just as unacceptable.

Quite shocked the amount of people who didn't call it out in the first place, couple of people laughed at the post too.

Is this kind of language and attitude accepted round here or something?

Yes to a certain extent. But the way we surpassed Leeds work rate in the 2nd half was all about Conte IMO.
That's what won us the match, we swarmed on them in the same way they swarmed on us first half. We also adjusted tactically to what they were doing.

Under Nuno we lose that yesterday by 2 or 3 no question in my mind.

Conte said in the post match press conference that the team can't play at 90 mins for that intensity as they're not fit enough, especially against Leeds I think he let them have the first half as he knew they'd gas out

Last edited:
Quite shocked the amount of people who didn't call it out in the first place, couple of people laughed at the post too.

Things like calling people stupid fucks minus the nationality bit are/or were more acceptable around here. This place is a lot more tolerant of that kind of shit than SC (although we do have a 'new world order' now where personal abuse is less accepted (or at least you run the risk of being foul voted). Certainly nowhere near as strict as SC.

But racism is normally called out pretty quickly. Maybe people just missed the post or something. People have definitely been banned/binned in the past for it, so I wouldn't say it is at all accepted

And poor Conte presumably has no ability to listen to Mason, consider his opinion, then make his own decisions as the manager? And of course it has nothing to do with Conte's (clearly articulated very recently) personal opinion on N'Dombele? Honestly mate, you're making a fool of yourself, I don't know how you expect anyone to take you seriously after this, it's possibly the stupidest thing you've ever said on here.
Conte trusts Mason - hence why certain players immediately returned. To think Winks is back on merit is foolish at best

Conte trusts Mason - hence why certain players immediately returned. To think Winks is back on merit is foolish at best
giphy.gif

Not everyone reads every single post on here. I know I don't.
But can we please put to bed this nonsense that a lack of condemnation automatically equates somehow to tacit approval?
Somebody else was using that argument in another thread, dredging up an old post and then claiming that people didn't disagree strongly enough with it so must agree with it on some level.

It's a dangerous argument

This isn't twitter

Having said that, now that I have seen the post I've fouled it.

There are presumably 2 possibilities:
  1. Conte, probably one of the top 5 managers in the world, a pretty arrogant guy who clearly knows is own mind, is doing what Mason tells him to do.
  2. Conte is doubtful about N'Dombele's fitness, attitude, likelihood of doing what he is told to do on the pitch, meanwhile he was impressed with those same attributes in Winks during training etc, so chose Winks to play yesterday (several others being unavailable).
Are you seriously saying that you think 1 above is more likely than 2?
Do you really think anyone on here will give you any credibility on any football opinion you care to give in the future if you honestly say '1'?

If its 2 then that is a concern and Conte might not be the manager that we think/hope he is.

Back
Top Bottom