Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he doesn’t take the time to digest Contes’ comments ( coming from a world class coach) take them onboard and act on them I think it’s the end of the road for him here which is a real shame considering his undoubted talent

Have to laugh at Tanguy, he didn't even play today but still lives rent-free in the heads of the usual losers.

We all know who is having the last laugh on 200K a week.

Sounds a lot like your favourite Harry; except Ndombele gets paid a fuck load more for sitting on the bench. :sonpoint:

Poch, Mou, Mason now Conte...

All of them idiots as it seem.

New excuses coming up soon here. something like Conte being too defensive and cannot appreciate special talent like Ndombele.

Yet soon 2,5 seasons have gone and what have we seen, what have we got?

And to broaden the issue - he will be 25 in a month. And up to now he has played less than equivalent of 160 full 90 minutes senior games in his life. And we made this guy our record signing. Huh.

Last edited:
Poch, Mou, Mason now Conte...

All of them idiots as it seem.

New excuses coming up soon here. something like Conte being too defensive and cannot appreciate special talent like Ndombele.

Yet soon 2,5 seasons have gone and what have we seen, what have we got?

And to broaden the issue - he will be 25 in a month. And up to now he has played less than 160 senior games in his life. And we made this guy our record signing. Huh.
Disaster of a signing, some of us called him out from the start and got all sorts of abuse. He’s a freestyler not a footballer, no idea what we do with him now

I mean, it’s pretty obvious that he’s not going to play in meaningful games until he loses weight and shows Conte he gives a shit.

Sounds like they are measuring body fat regularly at the club, he’s either going to have to take some personal responsibility or Conte isn’t going to play him.

Conte like Pochettino did years ago, is building a culture. He’s not going to include Ndombele just because he‘s a big talent, the effort is going to have to match. It’s clear as day.

He is basically Adel Tarrabt. There’s no changing him. Cutting our losses is the best thing to do. A complete waste of money. We need a functioning midfield and have done for years. He won’t help achieve that.
Asked why it took so long to settle under Conte, Eriksen told Gazzetta dello Sport today: “I arrived at Inter with an open mind to learn.

“What I didn’t understand at the start is that I always had to follow Conte’s system, that I had to remember and execute all the moves he’d prepared for the team.

“Beforehand, I was more used to playing on intuition, I was free to make decisions in a split second based on what I saw on the pitch.

“But with Conte there’s always a general plan to follow; you must be prepared, always know where your teammates are and where they could move.

“I had to learn all of this and adapt to a different tempo.

“Then in January we spoke together and I started playing more and proving I was capable.”

Conte caused controversy earlier in the season by bringing on Eriksen as a very late substitute in certain games, giving the 29-year-old only a few minutes to make an impact.

Asked if he knew what was behind those substitutions, Eriksen said: “I spoke with the coach and I know he makes the best decisions for the team in that moment.

“If he played me that sparingly it’s because, evidently, he thought I could be useful in those minutes, but there was nothing personal.

“It’s clear I’d have wanted to play more, but I always respected his decisions.

“I knew I’d get my chance and that I’d need to take it, which is what I did.”

I think Tanguay is being taught how to play what Conte wants, it took the PL's most creative midfielder and one of the games most intelligent players an awfully long time to learn. Whether he can achieve this is an unknown.

If anyone can get the best out of him it's probably Conte. Let's give them some time to try to work things out. Ndobby at 100% would be an incredible asset to any team.

I mean, it’s pretty obvious that he’s not going to play in meaningful games until he loses weight and shows Conte he gives a shit.

Sounds like they are measuring body fat regularly at the club, he’s either going to have to take some personal responsibility or Conte isn’t going to play him.

Conte like Pochettino did years ago, is building a culture. He’s not going to include Ndombele just because he‘s a big talent, the effort is going to have to match. It’s clear as day.
He's not over weight he is one of the fitter players (yes Harry we can see the tire). This is about his capacity to do what he is told when in a game he is told to do it. One of the reasons Conte already like Skipp is apparently he gets told something once and can replicate it immediately. Don't know if you're an employer but God those people are a find.

At this point Its on Ndombele he cannot even hide behind not fit. Its about being an elite footballer half of that is can you play in a given team shape that adapts when needed. Because without this you will never win a league.

He's playing for his own elite future and freestyle won't cut it, talented though he us. He will get his chance im certain he will Conte is too smart not to try him then its sink or swim.

Asked why it took so long to settle under Conte, Eriksen told Gazzetta dello Sport today: “I arrived at Inter with an open mind to learn.

“What I didn’t understand at the start is that I always had to follow Conte’s system, that I had to remember and execute all the moves he’d prepared for the team.

“Beforehand, I was more used to playing on intuition, I was free to make decisions in a split second based on what I saw on the pitch.

“But with Conte there’s always a general plan to follow; you must be prepared, always know where your teammates are and where they could move.

“I had to learn all of this and adapt to a different tempo.

“Then in January we spoke together and I started playing more and proving I was capable.”

Conte caused controversy earlier in the season by bringing on Eriksen as a very late substitute in certain games, giving the 29-year-old only a few minutes to make an impact.

Asked if he knew what was behind those substitutions, Eriksen said: “I spoke with the coach and I know he makes the best decisions for the team in that moment.

“If he played me that sparingly it’s because, evidently, he thought I could be useful in those minutes, but there was nothing personal.

“It’s clear I’d have wanted to play more, but I always respected his decisions.

“I knew I’d get my chance and that I’d need to take it, which is what I did.”

I think Tanguay is being taught how to play what Conte wants, it took the PL's most creative midfielder and one of the games most intelligent players an awfully long time to learn. Whether he can achieve this is an unknown.

It's an insult to Eriksen to mention him in the same sentence as Ndombele!

Under Jose:
Fuck off negative dinosaur cunt what shit manager leaves out our only creative CM and a talent like Ndombele

Under Nuno:
Sack this clueless PE teacher, playing sideways football, leaving out Ndombele and playing Winks, fuck off

Under Conte:
That Ndombele really must be poor

Under Jose:
Fuck off negative dinosaur cunt what shit manager leaves out our only creative CM and a talent like Ndombele

Under Nuno:
Sack this clueless PE teacher, playing sideways football, leaving out Ndombele and playing Winks, fuck off

Under Conte:
That Ndombele really must be poor
I mean, I think about halfway through Mourinho’s tenure most fans realized the fault fell mostly on Ndombele. If people were complaining about Ndombele not playing it was only out of frustration with the lack of quality of other midfielders rather than anything to do with Ndombele’s fitness or attitude.

Also, Winks played 60 league minutes under Nuno. He didn’t get a look in except in worthless conference league games.

Ndombele is certainly our most talented midfielder, but it’s solely down to himself he’s not playing. We‘ve had very different five managers in temperament and style going back to Pochettino who’ve been unimpressed with him.

The minute he decides to behave like a professional and earn his 200k/week, he’ll start every match. No manager or fan has ever doubted his talent.

‘It was weird’: Journalist shares what he saw Ndombele doing on the sideline at the weekend

200k a week and the bloke can't warm up professionally. Begs belief really....what kind of human being can accept that kind of money and be so at ease with not doing their job.

He's a playground footballer id est Adel Taarabt or Ravel Morrison. There is so much more to the game than the 3 minutes of the match you have the ball at your feet...and under Conte he's never going to have the discipline to carry out strict passing patterns when in possession either.

Last edited:
I mean, I think about halfway through Mourinho’s tenure most fans realized the fault fell mostly on Ndombele. If people were complaining about Ndombele not playing it was only out of frustration with the lack of quality of other midfielders rather than anything to do with Ndombele’s fitness or attitude.

We‘ve had very different five managers in temperament
Poch barely had any time with Ndombele.

Halfway through Mourinho's tenure , Mourinho started playing him in almost every single league game. So there's that.

Mason was not a manager.

Nuno didnt last long.

Conte has just arrived and plays a 343 for which Ndombele is not a good option. We have some easy games next but if/when the 343 as it is right now gets destroyed by a good team, I think he will switch to a 352 then Ndombele will be useful. Until then the fatbastard needs to run around a bit more.

‘It was weird’: Journalist shares what he saw Ndombele doing on the sideline at the weekend

200k a week and the bloke can't warm up professionally. Begs belief really....what kind of human being can accept that kind of money and be so at ease with not doing their job.

He's a playground footballer id est Adel Taarabt or Ravel Morrison. There is so much more to the game than the 3 minutes of the match you have the ball at your feet...and under Conte he's never going to have the discipline to carry out strict passing patterns when in possession either.

Good spot,he is just a very very expensive Taarabt.

In the first video of training after Conte joined, I noticed the complete lack of effort he put into dynamic stretching when warming up quite clearly compared to the rest of the squad.

Back
Top Bottom