Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was about a million things I didn't do. I didn't run a marathon for example.
What is an LFT?
That's about the stupidest thing I have heard. It's like someone telling you "it's cold outside, why didn't you wear a coat?" and you responding "there's a million things I didn't do; I didn't fly on the space shuttle, for example."

Mmmmh we’re not really sure of that are we, it’s the “died with” or “died of” numbers that are debatable.
Well, a heck of a lot more people die with Covid than die with flu.

Not to mention there are a ton of unreported deaths of people who died with Covid. The numbers you see are an undercount.

That's different to what you were claiming earlier, which is that the location of the immune cell attacking the virus was different for the two vaccines.

Was just educating cozy on some immunology, but your wish is my command 👀

Tbh not much is going on tonight on the Spurs Covid front. We have many positive lateral flow tests, and these are awaiting confirmation from PCR- we'll find out tomorrow.
I don't see the point in repeating the same information over and over. The mRNA vaccines are to fight Covid 19 not SARS cov 2.

The Flu vaccine is to fight the flu virus, not to just make the symptoms 'milder' of it's illness.

If that;s too much for you to cohere then so be it.

Naw there’s massive amounts of information out in the media saying that it helps reduce the spread of infection which isn’t exactly the case. Hence the reason why I said “it’s shit at preventing infections” and most are likely to get COVID in case there was any avoidance of doubt
That was for the alpha variant. Delta it doesn't reduce the spread so much. And the people who will catch it are those that don't take some basic additional precautions, like masking indoors. I've had all 3 jabs and I'm perfectly healthy, but I'll be damned if I enter a store or go to a live event unmasked. Not only that, but I won't wear anything less than a properly fitted N95 one.

On the other hand, there's a bunch of numpties who one hour after their first shot think they can stroll around in a Covid ICU without a worry in the world.

This thread doesn’t need me!

lemon GIF

I’m just lolling at the idea that we’re able to generate 18 pages of debate about an outbreak of Covid at the club. As my old man once said to my sister and I when we were bickering over something:

“If you two saw a white dog shit* in the road, you’d argue over who saw it first.”

Don’t go changing, TFC!

*dog shits were often white back in the day, for the youngsters’’ information…

Back
Top Bottom