January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True but I reckon Conte could kick his arse into shape
Not convinced he is that good of a player to be bothered to do it. From what I've seen doesn't really have a position (not defensive enough for DM or classy enough for box to box) and inconsistent, has some MoM inbetween many muh games.

If Conte wants him fine, I'm hoping it's paper talk.

I think too many people look for stats to prove a players worth. Whilst Traore may not have much in the way of goals and assists, what he does do is help his team play in the opposition half.
There's not a stat for that. He just drives the ball up the pitch allowing his team mates to get up there and continue the move in the last 3rd.

Having sat through the WH game the other night watching the ball keep coming back at us, I don't think having a player who can drive the ball back without passing it would help us.
He is consistently dropped by his managers, they feel he is not as good as the alternative. For a 30m+ sub there needs to be a lot of faith.

I think too many people look for stats to prove a players worth. Whilst Traore may not have much in the way of goals and assists, what he does do is help his team play in the opposition half.
There's not a stat for that. He just drives the ball up the pitch allowing his team mates to get up there and continue the move in the last 3rd..

Having sat through the WH game the other night watching the ball keep coming back at us, I don't think having a player who can drive the ball back without passing it would help us.
There is a stat for players actions that have led to most shots in the premier league and he creates around 4-5 shots per game was in the top 5 until recently. Also watched a Wolves game recently vs Brighton (I think), he made 3 decent chances and his teammates shot them straigh at the goalie. So nothing goes in the goals/assists column as others didnt score.

He is consistently dropped by his managers, they feel he is not as good as the alternative. For a 30m+ sub there needs to be a lot of faith.

He was dropped by Nononoshots. We know just how bad a coach he was now. The new coach played him consistently early on and they struggled to score. But fuck me they were good to watch early on. They played us off the pitch and Traore probably touched the ball in our half more than anyone else on the pitch. There is something there, a good coach should be able to give that kind of ability a purpose. Even if it is not a 90 minute every game role. Price has a lot to do with it, his deal is slowly running out and he's not their captain or anything. If we could get a deal done that doesn't limit our other purchases, I believe Conte can give him a purpose.

There is a stat for players actions that have led to most shots in the premier league and he creates around 4-5 shots per game was in the top 5 until recently. Also watched a Wolves game recently vs Brighton (I think), he made 3 decent chances and his teammates shot them straigh at the goalie. So nothing goes in the goals/assists column as others didn't score.

That's goal involvements but, IMO, is a very vague stat. You might say Winks had a goal involvement against Liverpool, because his tackle got the ball to Ndombele who got the assist for Kanes goal. But you wouldn't give a RWB a +1 goal involvement if he ran 40 yards up the pitch, passed to Winks, Winks back to the CM, the CM straight forward through the lines and the attacker scores. But it was the RWB that moved the whole team up the pitch to do it.

My issue with Traore is that he seems like another Lucas. Now, I've warmed to Lucas. He obviously had that night and he's a very likeable character, but he isn't the most intelligent footballer.

What he has done, however, is a carve a role for himself where he picks the ball up deeper and drives at the opposition. That's his skill - dribbling at pace and pushing us forward. The problems start when he has to do something with the ball and he either runs into other players or overhits a pass. Again, he has his values. He works hard and he's the least of our problems at the moment.

I just think Traore is the same thing on steroids. Direct, yes. Fast, yes. But I think we're crying out for a really intelligent ten that link our midfield and attack, not another pace merchant.

He was dropped by Nononoshots. We know just how bad a coach he was now. The new coach played him consistently early on and they struggled to score. But fuck me they were good to watch early on. They played us off the pitch and Traore probably touched the ball in our half more than anyone else on the pitch. There is something there, a good coach should be able to give that kind of ability a purpose. Even if it is not a 90 minute every game role. Price has a lot to do with it, his deal is slowly running out and he's not their captain or anything. If we could get a deal done that doesn't limit our other purchases, I believe Conte can give him a purpose.

That's goal involvements but, IMO, is a very vague stat. You might say Winks had a goal involvement against Liverpool, because his tackle got the ball to Ndombele who got the assist for Kanes goal. But you wouldn't give a RWB a +1 goal involvement if he ran 40 yards up the pitch, passed to Winks, Winks back to the CM, the CM straight forward through the lines and the attacker scores. But it was the RWB that moved the whole team up the pitch to do it.
He's been dropped by all his managers at every club. Great raw tools if someone can get the most out of them, I don't think they can.

Got into the Spain squad with a lot of hype (plan b) then they dropped him soon after

I’m a big fan of Traore, I can understand fans not wanting him in an attacking position (although I still think he would be good there) but as a RWB he would be a monster for us. He was unplayable against us this season, the amount of chances he created was far ahead of anyone else on the pitch.

I’m a big fan of Traore, I can understand fans not wanting him in an attacking position (although I still think he would be good there) but as a RWB he would be a monster for us. He was unplayable against us this season, the amount of chances he created was far ahead of anyone else on the pitch.

His skill set is very extreame, he is probably the quickest, strongest player in the league and is good at dribbling, however he brain farts close to goal a lot.

He would potentially be a great wing back but I would not buy him to be an attacker. His use is in distruption and creating width like Regulion or Sessegnon not in scoring like Son.

Ok, I think this is pretty offensive.

There's nothing really saying Adama is dumb. Adama is strong, sure, but just because he has no end product doesn't make him dumb.

So it's a stereotype given to strong men generally that is pretty uncalled for, in my opinion.
The fallacy is that he doesn't have and end product when he actually does. He should have at least 4 assists this season, at least one of them against us. He put 2 on a plate for Jimenez against us, but Jimenez was as rusty as it gets and probably still conscious of his head injury.

Traore just struggles with his finishing, but as others have said, when you have the likes of Kane, Son, Reguilon, Dele and even bloody Ben Davies attacking the box, he's likely to rack up some pretty impressive assists under Conte.

I'm not saying he's a must but, at the right price, I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.

As far as I know, Adama Traore has never played in defense in his senior career. I am not saying he can't play as a RWB but being a RWB is much more than just attacking - one still must be able to defend. It will be quite a gamble....even though he's fast and strong, so I understand why some people dream of him as Spurs' RWB...
He's played RWB under Nuno.

Back
Top Bottom