Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if we can't sell Ndombele, GLC, Dele then need to make life for them as hard as possilbe, training at odd times in the under 23 squard (is that possible) for long distance games
there is not much we can do but whatever is allowed we must do

All that matters is going through & no injuries. We already know our squad is weak. Hopefully Kidderminster next. You gotta beat the best eventually.

Who- Pete?
I'd far rather see Pete in our starting XI than Matt, at least he'd bring decent music, a party vibe and some Class As to the table.

Athleticism and footballing skills would be roughly similar I reckon.

1111498.jpg

It must bloody infuriate Conte (and even the likes of Kane, etc) that he simply can't trust the B team to see off basic oppostion time and time again. Imagine if Kane, Moura, Skipp had got injured in that 20 mins. Absolute joke

if we can't sell Ndombele, GLC, Dele then need to make life for them as hard as possilbe, training at odd times in the under 23 squard (is that possible) for long distance games
there is not much we can do but whatever is allowed we must do
At this point if we got 50m for all 3 of them then I’d take it. Off the wage bill too. Start again.

It must bloody infuriate Conte (and even the likes of Kane, etc) that he simply can't trust the B team to see off basic oppostion time and time again. Imagine if Kane, Moura, Skipp had got injured in that 20 mins. Absolute joke
trouble is Jose and the other manager both siad they could not trust the second 11

I think this has been a recurring theme throughout the ENIC reign.

Decent first 11 that can match any team on their day but zero quality in backup so inevitibly every star player is overworked and exhausted by April.

trouble is Jose and the other manager both siad they could not trust the second 11
And is 100% on Hitchen and Levy. It's fucking shocking.

It's a myth that we can't get players good enough for the first 11. We can't get players good enough for the first 11 at prices that Enic want to pay. It'll fuck us very soon, when our only good players are gone or not good enough any more.

Indeed - I know people get emotional on here, but suggestions to 'rip up his contract and don't even care if we get any money for him' is not a practical way to run a business, or a football team. We do need to get something for these players if they leave, otherwise everyone is going to moan because we don't have funds for transfers, and the owners won't want to throw their own money in (which of course is their prerogative - too many of our fans seem to want to spend other people's money - well, newsflash, it's up to other people how they spend their money ;) ). So it leaves quite a dilemma - I suspect our senior mgmt will have been hoping for some sparks of promise from the 2nd string today, to at least attract some suitors for people like N'Dombele, Dele and Lo Celso, but obviously that performance will only have damaged their reputations further. So it's difficult - it's not financially practical to give them away / terminate their contracts, and difficult to get a good price for them when they keep putting in such poor performances. So whilst some might say today is a blessing in disguise as it shows Levy what we need, that's not much good if it also hampers our chances of offloading those we don't need... :(
If you think we are going to get any money or something to pay his wages then you are more naive than Ndombele is in his skill.

He seems to be listening to what Conte is telling him.
I think that's one of the main reasons he's working his way into Conte's plans, and if so then good luck to him - 6 months ago I would have been happy for us to get rid of him, but if a player has the will and attitude to learn and develop then hats off to him. Think I was previously 'tainted' against him by his supposed media outbursts, suggesting to me that he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, but everyone deserves another chance, and if he's realised that the way to progress is on the pitch (both training and 'real') rather than gobbing off to the press, then I'd be happy to see him improve and become a useful part of the squad.

We learned a lot today.
And that is good!

Through to the 4th Rd. Good.

We now know who we can and can't trust... Good!

Trust in Conte. GOOD!

Back
Top Bottom