January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NO

HOLDS

BARRED

dudley boyz wwe GIF

Yes. About 21 years.

If only there was a common denominator ...

I think we'd kill to have these players now, at the age/ability they were in 2015.

For Poch's first game in charge, players included Lloris, Vorm, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Mason and Bentaleb (Poch first choice CMs in 1st season). Eriksen, Lamela, Kane.

and start a rebuild from there.

I think we'd kill to have these players now, at the age/ability they were in 2015.

For Poch's first game in charge, players included Lloris, Vorm, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Mason and Bentaleb (Poch first choice CMs in 1st season). Eriksen, Lamela, Kane.

and start a rebuild from there.

21 years.

Partly true

But it doesn't seem to have mattered what price we paid - the football judgement and personality judgement of the bought in players has been bad for quite a few years.

The problem is, getting burned like we have for the players I listed could cripple us and stop us getting anyone. Cheap and chearful means we can keep ploughing through the bargain bucket year after year until we find a shiney one.

Just want to point out that Ally Gold said Lingard would be a summer target. Does nothing to help us now.

And I'd like to point out, with 6 months left, Man United won't want much to move him on now. This is what happens at this stage.

NO

HOLDS

BARRED

holds GIF
hulk hogan 80s GIF

OMG are we back to blaming Poch?

Who decides on transfers, again?

Who was promoted from Head Coach to manager when Mitchel left and then renewed their contract with a fat wage bump the following summer?

- Who - according to direct player testimony - sweet talked a large number of players here during his reign including Aurier, Jansen, Llorente, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Foyth?
- Who in the subsequent managerial era was evidenced to be a proponent of us signing Doherty, PEH & Hart?
- Granted Nuno probably had very little input, but given the overhwleming sense that he was a short-term hire + Fab's arrival it seems unlikley he was granted much sway.

....And now we have the current iteration.

Regardless of any finger-wagging or opposing conspiracies:

Scouts > HeadScout/DOF/Manger > Chairman (deal broker)(*) = Pretty standard stuff.

(*Though now Fab may be doing more of that leg work.)

It's a process within with all parties bear a slice of responsibility.

Big question I'd have is what does Hitchens do anymore? ...Is he anything other than Paratticci's go-fer?

Back
Top Bottom