January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone else find AC Milan's interest in Tanganga quite peculiar?

The optimist in me hopes it's sparked from Kessie talks.

The italians and Germans are snorting up as many young English players as they can at the moment. Even not-so old ones too.

Does it really though? Perhaps only for an incoming loan? I'm not sure how it works - if a foreign player goes out only on loan, presumably you couldn't permanently purchase another foreign player to replace him, knowing that it would definitely (and contractually) leave you over the threshold when your loan out returns to you... (EDIT: unless of course you currently have another foreign loan in due to end by then).

(I'm certainly no expert on such things, so happy to be educated on that).

It's all about the squad named for the league, not who you sign. You have to name a maximum of 25 players of which a certain amount need to be HG etc. He's currently in that 25 man squad. If we let Tanganga go, we would have to replace him with a HG player unless we're already over quota.

Ok, so 3 in 16(13 starts), better than Hojbjerg and Skipp.

I promise you and others who think Hojbjerg will be repalced next season

he wont, every manager loves him and plays him every minute of every game!
I'll take your bet. I 100% believe he will not be in our strongest 11 this time next year, If Levy backs Conte. Were we to get Kessie and a deep lying playmaker in the Brozovic mould and Skipp continues to improve as I think he will. I see PEH being understudy. Which I can live with. He is a great bloke, and a teachers pet, but if you work with him and throw him in against the top three or four a good coach will see his limitations. Above all Tony Conte is a good coach.

I find it odd if it is a loan deal because AC Milan have 3 guys who would be ahead of him at CB= Kjaer, Tomori and Romagnoli- so he is unlikely to get much playing time with the first team. They are out of Europe so no games for him to get there. They are in the QF's of Super Coppa so maybe some games there but even that is unlikely. And it is a different league so you have to question if the game time he does get is as valuable as it would be playing in England.

If it is a sale I get it because that obviously means we don't see him in our plans, I don't get it from a HG and especially club trained perspective as we have few right now and nobody ready to step up, and for AC they get a young player that can play CB or RB for them.

I don't know Milan's finances, but it wouldn't be all that peculiar if they need to plug a hole after Simon Kjaer's injury, and that they need to it pretty cheaply. After their succes with Tomori, and opting to use the clause to sign him permanently, they may - reasonably - assume that someone young and on the periphery of a top PL side is good enough to do a job in Italy. Makes sense to me at least.

I find it odd if it is a loan deal because AC Milan have 3 guys who would be ahead of him at CB= Kjaer, Tomori and Romagnoli- so he is unlikely to get much playing time with the first team. They are out of Europe so no games for him to get there. They are in the QF's of Super Coppa so maybe some games there but even that is unlikely. And it is a different league so you have to question if the game time he does get is as valuable as it would be playing in England.

If it is a sale I get it because that obviously means we don't see him in our plans, I don't get it from a HG and especially club trained perspective as we have few right now and nobody ready to step up, and for AC they get a young player that can play CB or RB for them.
Kjaer’s out for the year with an ACL tear. That’s why they’re after CBs

From 'edging' yesterday to 'close' today. What's next in this thriller of words.
:harrysmile:

His mate, who went there because it's his mate.
Do you want me to connect the dots for you, or are you there yet?

Or he went there because the team had a need and made the crazy decision to fill that need.

And as already pointed out that is one of many moves or are you going to continue your foolish quest to show how wrong you are and claim all the other guys were buddies of the manager and that is why they moved this window.

I don't know Milan's finances, but it wouldn't be all that peculiar if they need to plug a hole after Simon Kjaer's injury, and that they need to it pretty cheaply. After their succes with Tomori, and opting to use the clause to sign him permanently, they may - reasonably - assume that someone young and on the periphery of a top PL side is good enough to do a job in Italy. Makes sense to me at least.
Me too

Back
Top Bottom