CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem with this argument is that you'd assume that our previous managers have had conversations with the board and they would likely act on it...yet here we are talking about how weak our squad is because the board haven't acted on it.
Yeah....likely act on it...this is Spurs you're talking about...

So by leaving our stronger players on the bench that sends out a message ?

If I’m the hierarchy I’d be replying with … our best players are sat on the bench, why aren’t playing them

Like I say … by all accounts there were a fair few carrying knocks, I think we always seem to go too negative at that place, theres rumours of bids/moves for 3 of our midfield and I think he made some bad calls

I believe you’re over thinking it

Had this poch’s last days
Had it pretty much every week with Jose in charge

And now you’ve started it pretty early with Conte

Poor Nuno…. Seems no one really did give a fuck about him

An experienced coach like that just doesn't make bad calls that's nonsense sorry, we were unbeaten in our last 9 playing with the back 3 and looking settled and confident, there is absolutely no reason to suggest he should have changed the formation and gone negative, we were asking to get beaten today.

Playing with 4 full backs at the same time including Doc at right midfield just screams kinda extreme to me, a flat midfield of Sess, Winks, Hojbjerg and Doherty was never going to create a thing.

We have a winter break coming up, it's not as if we had to rest players for up and coming fixtures this week so you have to ask yourself why the likes of Skipp, Lucas and Emerson on the bench.

And this thing about players picking up knocks, didn't Gio come out today and say he was fit? I'm not even wanting Gio to start by the way but my point is that it seems like injuries like that can be easily fabricated for one's benefit.

An experienced coach like that just doesn't make bad calls that's nonsense sorry, we were unbeaten in our last 9 playing with the back 3 and looking settled and confident, there is absolutely no reason to suggest he should have changed the formation and gone negative, we were asking to get beaten today.

Playing with 4 full backs at the same time including Doc at right midfield just screams kinda extreme to me, a flat midfield of Sess, Winks, Hojbjerg and Doherty was never going to create a thing.

We have a winter break coming up, it's not as if we had to rest players for up and coming fixtures this week so you have to ask yourself why the likes of Skipp, Lucas and Emerson on the bench.

And this thing about players picking up knocks, didn't Gio come out today and say he was fit? I'm not even wanting Gio to start by the way but my point is that it seems like injuries like that can be easily fabricated for one's benefit.
You seem convinced

Yeah, but my point is that Conte has already given Levy his evaluations of the squad...why would he have to pick a shit squad to send a message when he's already told him what he thinks...it doesn't make sense...

To put pressure on them, why do you think he makes a point of it in literally every press conference. His message has been consistent in that the club needs new players he needs to be backed, we need new faces.

It's all well and good having convos with Levy and the board about signings, Levy actually listening and acting upon it is another thing altogether.

Back
Top Bottom