January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus we need a bit off realism though.

Realism is we have a elite manager but one who walks if not massively backed. That is the situation, doesn’t take Einstein to see where this is heading without a few good signings this window and another bunch in the summer.

Probably. It was obviously the player’s agent who leaked the bid to get Liverpool to come in. That’s not our fault. We probably tried to leave it late enough in the window to hope Liverpool wouldn’t be able to get their ducks in a row. What is our fault is doing that but not bidding enough for it to be accepted and then we could push it through quickly.

There's probably a lot of truth in this, I read that we were upset that the bid was leaked and tbf Dias was always going to choose them over us so hard to blame us here really.

I think what has pushed people over the edge is that yet again we've shown ourselves up, we have no plan clearly and our transfer strategy is appaling and this deal falling through is a reminder of how shit we are in the transfer market.

It's the same every single window.

Our club is completely incompetent when it comes to transfers.
The influence of Paratici and Conte has made no difference, no starting 11 signings, last weekend before window closes, here we are again.

Best stadium in the world, best manager in the world, chance of top 4, but our squad is so stale and lacking and nope, there's no players out there we can sign that will improve it.

Honestly at this point I think there's something going on like whether the player is vaccinated of not whether they're buying them at the moment. Perhaps clubs don't want to take the risk in case they can't play in the future.

Who fucking knows anymore but we cannot as a billion pound rated club be so incompetent accidentally every single window. This has to be deliberate from Levy and the only answer is money every time.
But we have a new golf course being built so not all bad.

Probably. It was obviously the player’s agent who leaked the bid to get Liverpool to come in. That’s not our fault. We probably tried to leave it late enough in the window to hope Liverpool wouldn’t be able to get their ducks in a row. What is our fault is doing that but not bidding enough for it to be accepted and then we could push it through quickly.
I am not claiming this is the case but sometimes other clubs have a (secret) deal with an agent that they will match any bid (within reason) of a certain player.
Liverpool were interested in him last summer and most probably were waiting to make a bid for him in the summer but then they saw that Spurs may get him so they made their move. If they can spend £50M on a "reserve" (well, he's be an understudy to Mane for a while at least) it says something about their finances...

Last edited:
We spent 3 days negotiating so Liverpool can sign a player. Hilarious 🤣. The way Levy has the run the club in the last six years has been a disaster.

The fact is we are getting maybe one player this window and no backup for Kane, no starting midfielder and no right wing backs. That was what Conte asked for and we are giving him f all only the fact we tried to sign a winger.

When Conte walks and we all fear this will happen ENIC better follow. The fact we have not backed Conte or shown any intent to back him is a disgrace.
Levy will demand a % of the fee

:levyeyes:

I'm actually angry. I can't say I have ever been before about Spurs and windows, because I just got used to it. But I am actually angry about this.

There is a genuine chance of getting top 4 and showing ambition to the best striker in the world and a world class manager, but instead they play fucking games again.

We are the 9th richest club in the world, yet every window we get spewed the same bollocks of "there is no money, we need to sell before we buy" and it's fucking embarrassing. ENIC and Levy think they own a big club, when in reality they own a property portfolio, and whack all the costs against the club.

They have no interest in what the fans want, the players want or what the manager wants. It's about what will line their pockets.

There are a lot of clubs a lot worse off than Spurs, so that can't be forgotten, but the way this ship is being manned, we are in for a longer demise than we had time spent in the top 4.

I'm laughing my tits off this morning at the people who thought we honestly had a cat in hells chance of Diaz.

Levy has just whipped his fish hook out of your startled mouths and is about to gut you and chuck your still quivering body on the onboard barbie on Joe Lewis yacht.

You should have reserved your rage for Traore falling through as that was our best hope of signing somebody anyone had actually fucking heard of and has PL experience.

If we have £60m then Neves should be straight up an option, he would seriously improve our midfield. Neves and Raphina to save the window and keep Conte happy.
Yeah we should be able to get raphina if it's true we have the money to bid for Diaz and I would rather have him.
But can't see it :contefacepalm:

If Conte walks, this will get nasty

I don't think he will walk based on Jan window. If we fuck about in the summer, though, I can see him walking, no doubt.

Letting Ndombele go and replacing with Arambat (we will probably get more out of him than we have been from Ndombele).

Dele and Lo Celso going, realistically; who can replace them with this late in the window?

We probably have to assume we will be stuck with Doherty and Royal until the summer.

Back
Top Bottom