January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We seem to be targeting players who are struggling for game time presumably because they haven't been good enough and swapping them for our dross.
I don't think we have a clue just wild opportunist punts with no coherent strategy the same as the present windows.
Lessons still have not been learnt.
I think trying to analogize Amrabat and Kulusevski into one narrative is wide of the mark. Different players, different situations.

Though that does get at what seems to be the true narrative, a club just flailing about aimlessly.

I haven't been to a game in over 2 years now , last one was actually Poch's last game vs Sheffield utd in November 2019

I miss going but I simply refuse to put a penny back into that club until something drastic changes

I realise I am in the minority and I'll be waiting a long time but I just can't bring myself to hand over a penny of my hard earned money to those chancers
Tim And Eric Idk GIF

Emerson: Can't cross = "Waster" and an absolute storm of abuse post-Watford.
Traore: Can't cross + poor defender = "potential great WB"???

.....Of course his limitations are important. It's his whole use of the ball that's a problem; not his "finishing".
I mean you are leaving out the fact that Traore is one of the best 1v1 players in the world and Emerson below average.

I mean you could be right but I think fans are overawed by the fact that we are STILL throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks and have no clear defined strategy when it comes to bringing players in.

He could be a hit but it doesn't fill me with any confidence because it would be a complete fluke, the next player we bring in will likely be a bust, you cannot run a sustainable transfer policy like that and Conte will get tired of that approach real quick.

We haven’t scouted any of these players have we? I keep on saying it, but we are only going after the players because agents push them our way. You can’t build a successful team like that.

I haven't been to a game in over 2 years now , last one was actually Poch's last game vs Sheffield utd in November 2019

I miss going but I simply refuse to put a penny back into that club until something drastic changes

I realise I am in the minority and I'll be waiting a long time but I just can't bring myself to hand over a penny of my hard earned money to those chancers
I am at that stage as well, i think.
I don't attend as much as i did any way, so if i venture over Tottenham i may just join others i know ,meeting up for a social in the Vic and if on the box, watching us there or in in the Two brewers.

I dont know why and its only from some clips and what Juve fans are saying but somehow Kulusevski feels a bit like Emerson, a younger player who may not be hopeless but probably wont be quite good enough and who we're trying, and failing, to shift in 18 months/2 years. I really hope i'm wrong but it all feels very...meh.

Sadly. I have to admit I think it's all over for us
This transfer window has shown us unequivocally that Levy really has no interest in furthering the team. Unknown Moroccans. Teenage nonentities who aren't even really professionals yet. Grasping at straws to try to make it look otherwise but fooling nobody.
I don't think even a top 6 finish is likely.
He's made us a laughing stock. What he has done to Spurs is criminal and he has done it whilst expanding his property empire
Not much point in having a stadium if we can't play well in it
I can't see Conte staying until the summer either because there's no intent being shown so the summer tw is going to be just as bad. Harry is not going to win anything while he's here so he'll be gone.
RIP Tottenham Hotspur:- Born 1882
Died 2022

Murdered by Dan Levy and Joe Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom