January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're shopping in Harrods with a Tesco club card and then wondering why all these deals fall through.

Is any other club linked with as many players as we are only for the deals to collapse over a previously 'Unknown' reason.

So many times its embarrassing, naming rights, commercial rights, wrong type of agent...... Every flipping time.

Its all bollocks - the curtain has been pulled back and its plain to see, all these rumours are probably spouted by the club to get the fans on side and then when they inevitably don't happen, they stand back and say

"It's not our fault.... It was the agent/commercial rights/player wasn't theirs to sell...."

Its just total Bullshit and I think every spurs fan can see this.

I know Levy has his fault etc. etc. but it’s interesting that quite a few seem to think that those agents who Levy & Paratici were dealing were not to blame, and that in the end it was down to Traore and Diaz whether they wanted to sign for Spurs or another club.
In both cases, Spurs did meet all the demands of both the clubs and the players… but not knowing they were played.
When a club negotiates a deal with a player they ask the concerning part to keep quiet about the deal – until the contract is signed. In both cases, the respective agents have leaked info about it to other interested clubs.
Liverpool was after Luis Diaz last summer and was most probably thinking of signing him this summer but when they heard that Spurs were about to sign him they jumped. It’s not as if they decided to buy him all of a sudden.
Traore said, “Barcelona is my home,” last summer. And when their financial situation got sorted out they had the means to bid for him.
No one can blame either player for choosing Liverpool and Barca over Spurs. We also like it when some player chooses Spurs over, say, Woolwich…
Yes, it is upsetting what happened as it would send a message to Conte that he’s being supported and it’s extra annoying since Spurs had worked on the Traore deal for a while. Yes, Levy was most probably dragging his feet but I am fairly convinced that Spurs were “played” big time by some agents who did not honor their words.
In the end, both players decided against signing for Spurs.

You're likely right on both accounts in regards to Diaz and Traore.

The problem is that it's a pattern, and it's at a frequency that no other big club seems to struggle with. Every team loses out on deals for one reason or the other, but at some point we have to really get honest about why it always happens to us.

I dont know why and its only from some clips and what Juve fans are saying but somehow Kulusevski feels a bit like Emerson, a younger player who may not be hopeless but probably wont be quite good enough and who we're trying, and failing, to shift in 18 months/2 years. I really hope i'm wrong but it all feels very...meh.
This is a really good analogy.

I think Emerson shows more promise than most do, but he’s a couple years away from being good enough for what we need to challenge Chelsea and Liverpool. Hopefully Kulusevski is more than that (though at a minimum he should give us more depth than we’ve had).

I think we need to have some reality. Some comments on this thread are mental.

Which player has been bought so far that we would have wanted and who is out there that we could reasonably have been expected to buy?

We know we are in transition and so does Conte. Doing nothing us not acceptable but we have to accept the world of today.

And also make clear the inaction and poor decision making of yesterday is hurting us badly now.

But Ndombele and Lo Celso were not peanut money.

And a completely reasonable ask, at least initially.

But these players need to be at other clubs on Monday come hell or high water.

It’s the only path to recouping anything for them. Gotta see the bigger picture.

To be brutally honest, I don't think 6 months of wages is that big a deal in the "bigger picture" scheme of things.....

I think people pre-occupied with loaning out TN, GLC & Dele have got their priorities wrong.

Incomings matters so much more between now and the summer.... Top 4 >>> Knocking 5m off the wage bill.

Believe it or not I have never been on, until 5 minutes ago. Are these people grown adults? Believing some faceless no mark from the internet that his aunties dogs sister has an inside line at the club? What is actually wrong with people. They actually thank these people for their vast knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of the club. It is sickening.
The ITK hounds are all either under 13 or the Spurs equivalents of Ty from AFTV.

One of their ITKs flounce the other day and was then back peddling his bullshit the very next day, claiming he'd just spoken to his guy, who'd just spoken to someone, who'd just spoken to someone who'd just gotten off the phone to Paratici, who'd kindly given him a rundown of all the goings on at Spurs obviously...

And the dumb fucks by thos shit!

Literally!

Those fucking incels would be better off saving up all the donations they make to that site and putting the funds towards hiring a hooker so that someone will finally touch their tiny dicks...

I know Levy has his fault etc. etc. but it’s interesting that quite a few seem to think that those agents who Levy & Paratici were dealing were not to blame, and that in the end it was down to Traore and Diaz whether they wanted to sign for Spurs or another club.
In both cases, Spurs did meet all the demands of both the clubs and the players… but not knowing they were played.
When a club negotiates a deal with a player they ask the concerning part to keep quiet about the deal – until the contract is signed. In both cases, the respective agents have leaked info about it to other interested clubs.
Liverpool was after Luis Diaz last summer and was most probably thinking of signing him this summer but when they heard that Spurs were about to sign him they jumped. It’s not as if they decided to buy him all of a sudden.
Traore said, “Barcelona is my home,” last summer. And when their financial situation got sorted out they had the means to bid for him.
No one can blame either player for choosing Liverpool and Barca over Spurs. We also like it when some player chooses Spurs over, say, Woolwich…
Yes, it is upsetting what happened as it would send a message to Conte that he’s being supported and it’s extra annoying since Spurs had worked on the Traore deal for a while. Yes, Levy was most probably dragging his feet but I am fairly convinced that Spurs were “played” big time by some agents who did not honor their words.
I honestly think that they know all this shite already and specifically go for unobtainable targets so that they look like they're showing ambition, when they knew the deal was never going to happen.

So that money we were apparently about to spend on our definitely real bid for diaz......where is it?

How about going in for Raphinha, or another quality player rather than a loan to buy player who can't get game time at his current club

Where have you heard in both cases Spurs met all demands? Certainly the reports I’ve seen and heard say they didn’t for Traore.

Plus, our DOF should be better than falling for the oldest trick in the book, the agent talking up Spurs interest to flush out the dippers. If he can’t work that out what’s the fucking point in him being here?

So that money we were apparently about to spend on our definitely real bid for diaz......where is it?

How about going in for Raphinha, or another quality player rather than a loan to buy player who can't get game time at his current club
It's in the same place that we put the money from the Martinez bid in the summer

I think that saying we have sucked at buying players so lets just loan guys and hope is a poor way of doing things.
It's an absolutely pathetic way for a so called big club, and one of the worlds top 10 wealthiest clubs to behave.

Even more pathetic that some of our own so called fans advocate it.

Everyone is missing the obvious. The club is willing to spend money. The issue is that really good players dont want to come to the club. Liverpool offered a similar deal to Diaz that we did. The player chose Liverpool. This is why we need to change our transfer strategy until we get back to the CL

Back
Top Bottom