January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Levy has his fault etc. etc. but it’s interesting that quite a few seem to think that those agents who Levy & Paratici were dealing were not to blame, and that in the end it was down to Traore and Diaz whether they wanted to sign for Spurs or another club.
In both cases, Spurs did meet all the demands of both the clubs and the players… but not knowing they were played.
When a club negotiates a deal with a player they ask the concerning part to keep quiet about the deal – until the contract is signed. In both cases, the respective agents have leaked info about it to other interested clubs.
Liverpool was after Luis Diaz last summer and was most probably thinking of signing him this summer but when they heard that Spurs were about to sign him they jumped. It’s not as if they decided to buy him all of a sudden.
Traore said, “Barcelona is my home,” last summer. And when their financial situation got sorted out they had the means to bid for him.
No one can blame either player for choosing Liverpool and Barca over Spurs. We also like it when some player chooses Spurs over, say, Woolwich…
Yes, it is upsetting what happened as it would send a message to Conte that he’s being supported and it’s extra annoying since Spurs had worked on the Traore deal for a while. Yes, Levy was most probably dragging his feet but I am fairly convinced that Spurs were “played” big time by some agents who did not honor their words.
In the end, both players decided against signing for Spurs.
We have no right to take the moral high ground on people not honouring their word

It seems we'll get rid of Ndombele, Dele and Lo Celso. I like that, but sign someone ffs.
Kulusevski, Bentacur nad Morata, imagine if we get 3 players from Juventus. The ones Paratici brought in Turin.

To be brutally honest, I don't think 6 months of wages is that big a deal in the "bigger picture" scheme of things.....
No the point is, we need these players at other clubs to have any hope of rehabilitating their value at all.

And I do have some hope that Dele and Lo Celso can still be sellable assets. And who knows, maybe PSG is dumb enough to take Ndombele permanently.

This is all in service of incomings, and without maximizing our resources there we're doomed, but this is part of maximizing those resources.

Eating some wages to get Lo Celso back in La Liga may well pay 10X relative to having him languish with us.

It seems we'll get rid of Ndombele, Dele and Lo Celso. I like that, but sign someone ffs.
Kulusevski, Bentacur nad Morata, imagine if we get 3 players from Juventus. The ones Paratici brought in Turin.
Betancurt is ok, I would like him. Morata isn't bad either, loses lots of goal but I think he would fit Conte's system. Kulusevski is the less exciting of the 3 I think, but he's young and can improve. Said that it's pretty mediocre window anyway.

Turns out both Spurs and Liverpool had offers accepted by Porto and guess what - Diaz went for the club in the CL - so are trophies over top four still the trolls choice?

Yeah it definitely wasn't also because they're just a far better team than us in every imaginable respect and he has a chance to actually win (not just be in) the CL and premier league. It's all down to top four, had we been in there we totally get him.

Oh and imagine calling people who want their football club to win actual trophies 'trolls'.

Where have you heard in both cases Spurs met all demands? Certainly the reports I’ve seen and heard say they didn’t for Traore.

Plus, our DOF should be better than falling for the oldest trick in the book, the agent talking up Spurs interest to flush out the dippers. If he can’t work that out what’s the fucking point in him being here?
It was reported by Fabrizio Romano in both cases in fact. I am not saying he knows everything but in these cases, I do believe him.
Well, sometimes you simply have to trust people somehow. You don't seem to be aware of how much powers certain agents have. And how cunning and conniving they can be as well. Spurs is not the first club to be "outsmarted" by shrews agents and won't be the last.
I am not happy either with the situation but Spurs lost out of bigger and richer clubs.

I mean you are leaving out the fact that Traore is one of the best 1v1 players in the world and Emerson below average.

I assume there's a stat for that, but dribbles that lead to nothing don't impress me..... Certainly not enough for me to consider Traore "special" (see other poster).

I've been saying since before the summer I'd rather try and convert Berg to WB than bother with AT (who already failed in a similar WB experiment at Wolves) and my position hasn't changed on that.

It's all moot now anyway.....

- He didn't want to play WB
- He preferred to go to "home" to Barca (see comments as far back as summer 2021)

......And the whole reference to Traore wasn't about how good he is or isn't anyway; it was in the context of why the notion that the club shouldn't buy players that don't start for other teams is a contradiction from anyone that wanted Traore.

Just over 3 weeks ago? You said a couple of months. :contearms:

You were wrong and clearly not paying attention, own it and move on.
October...

November...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...sevski-trnsfer-verdict-Woolwich-Tottenham-SNT

How about you admit you were wrong?

It's an absolutely pathetic way for a so called big club, and one of the worlds top 10 wealthiest clubs to behave.

Even more pathetic that some of our own so called fans advocate it.
Seriously if you sent a management consultancy in to evaluate the way the footballing side of the club has been run they would probably have a field day.

It's blindingly obviously the business model for managing the squad, recruitment and player transfers is fatally flawed and yet here we are every transfer window doing the exact same shit, making the exact same mistakes.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. Or as it's now known the 'Spurs Way'.

Back
Top Bottom