January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nearly every player outside the top 6, Leicester and West Ham wants to come to us. This includes players such as Raphina, Phillips, Lamptey, Bissouma, Neves, Sarr etc who would all make us better.

Have you asked them?

Did you also ask if they'd prefer to sign for 1 of the clubs above us?

Lastly, did their clubs say they would sell them to us?

Regardless of debates about finances, our transfer strategy is all wrong I agree with you there. For some reason the club think 40m on Diaz is better than 40m on Bissouma

I'd eagerly have taken Neves ahead of Diaz, but see above.

(In theory would prefer Bissouma too, but not until he's put all the rape allegations behind him.)

You have any hope that's gonna happen?

Address the context of my post first......

Are you implying you'd rather piss about trying to find a loan for Dele & Gio than actually bring players in?

If not then...........

johnny-english-agent.gif

I think we need to have some reality. Some comments on this thread are mental.

Which player has been bought so far that we would have wanted and who is out there that we could reasonably have been expected to buy?

Guimaraes, Countinho, Wood, Trippier, Gosens, Digne are all players that have moved that while not ideal improve on the players we have and add skills that we are sorely missing. They are also better than the players we are currently linked with

Bentacur, Dembele, McKennie, Kessie, Carlos are a few guys rumoured to be available at some point that we are also improvements on what we have and are linked with now.

Torres. Diaz. Vlahovic, Traore players that moved but may have been out of our league (LOL) thanks to our illustrious chairman.

The idea that with how awful our squad is starting 11 and bench and how many holes we have in terms of positions, players and skill sets that there aren't players available that we could bring in is ridiculous.

We still have no back-up striker. You are going to say there are zero players available to fill that role?

We have maybe 1 competent MFer who is 21 and in his first PL season. No MFers available to help us?

We have zero creativity in the side at all, no creative players out there?

We have nobody to take a set piece or corner, nobody out there to help with that?

Nobody able to score goals outside Kane and Son, again no help in that area?

Nearly every player outside the top 6, Leicester and West Ham wants to come to us. This includes players such as Raphina, Phillips, Lamptey, Bissouma, Neves, Sarr etc who would all make us better.

Regardless of debates about finances, our transfer strategy is all wrong I agree with you there. For some reason the club think 40m on Diaz is better than 40m on Bissouma
I'd throw everything at Phillips. Offer him Kane level wages if necessary. It might take 60 or 70 million + big wages, but barring injury he'd be more or less dead certain to improve our midfield massively.

We can't expect these kind of players to come to us over likes of Liverpool unless we pay more - to the selling club and the player. You pay a bit more to compensate for the fact we aren't competing at the top level. This is how Newcastle will elevate themselves. This how Chelsea and City did. If we show ambition, other good players will want to come.

Just wanted to confirm that Vlahovic was never going to happen. If there was a chance it was last summer, but this is what we were going to compete against:

Vlahovic deal: The (big) numbers​

• Juventus will pay an initial 70m Euros (£58.3m) to Fiorentina over the next three financial years.
  • They will also pay Fiorentina 10m Euros (£8.3m) in performance-related add-ons.
  • The 11.6m Euros of "additional costs" include 10m Euros (£8.3m) in agent fees plus 1.6m Euros (£1.3m) of solidarity payments towards his youth teams, mainly Partizan Belgrade.
  • The total transfer fee Juventus could pay for Vlahovic is 91.6m Euros (£76.3m).
  • Vlahovic will receive a gross salary of 7m Euros per season for the next four and a half years - a total of 31.5m Euros (£26.2m).
  • It means Juventus have committed a total of 123.1m Euros (£102.5m) to sign Vlahovic.

:moursmall:

We would have offered a loan with option to buy for 30 million.

Well we seem to only be bidding on tricky dribbling inverted wingers for some reason sooooo

Really?

The most persistently linked players this window (wingers) highlighted:

Vlahovic (ST)
Kessie (MF)
Diaz
Traore (as "project WB")
Kulusevski (versatile/utility AM)
Amrabat (MF)
Moratta (ST)
Bentancur (versatile MF)

.......I'm pretty sure the baying masses would argue that AM & ST are still in need of attention.

[ Something still doesn't stack up...... Why isn't it the Levy-bot concerning themselves with penny-pinching and economics here? ]

I'd throw everything at Phillips. Offer him Kane level wages if necessary. It might take 60 or 70 million + big wages, but barring injury he'd be more or less dead certain to improve our midfield massively.

We can't expect these kind of players to come to us over likes of Liverpool unless we pay more - to the selling club and the player. You pay a bit more to compensate for the fact we aren't competing at the top level. This is how Newcastle will elevate themselves. This how Chelsea and City did. If we show ambition, other good players will want to come.

I'm guessing your bank won't let you have an overdraft, credit card or loan?

I bet everyone learns the difference between option and obligation after this one.

Just wanted to confirm that Vlahovic was never going to happen. If there was a chance it was last summer, but this is what we were going to compete against:

• Juventus will pay an initial 70m Euros (£58.3m) to Fiorentina over the next three financial years.
  • They will also pay Fiorentina 10m Euros (£8.3m) in performance-related add-ons.
  • The 11.6m Euros of "additional costs" include 10m Euros (£8.3m) in agent fees plus 1.6m Euros (£1.3m) of solidarity payments towards his youth teams, mainly Partizan Belgrade.
  • The total transfer fee Juventus could pay for Vlahovic is 91.6m Euros (£76.3m).
  • Vlahovic will receive a gross salary of 7m Euros per season for the next four and a half years - a total of 31.5m Euros (£26.2m).
  • It means Juventus have committed a total of 123.1m Euros (£102.5m) to sign Vlahovic.

It's nowhere near as big a package as I thought it would be tbh.
Thought he'd be on a lot higher salary than that

I think the hope is that Juve clearly want him gone and likely know that if he comes with an option that there is no way Levy is picking up that option for 30m.

Even with an obligation it is unlikely that Levy will agree to the stipulations that Juve will want as they want him out of the club with no risk of coming back to them.

So still a lot of hope to think that it won't go through.

No way in hell is that wage figure gross.

Back
Top Bottom