January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah it definitely wasn't also because they're just a far better team than us in every imaginable respect and he has a chance to actually win (not just be in) the CL and premier league. It's all down to top four, had we been in there we totally get him.

Oh and imagine calling people who want their football club to win actual trophies 'trolls'.
Yes it was - and if you don't think City, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool have far better teams than us you're just not watching.

Saying that four teams are better than us, then screaming and stamping your feet when we finish outside the top four ... make your mind up.

Are we a top four side in which case players should pick us - or are we fighting over their scraps? Think we all know the answer to that one.

OK how about - 'entitled trolls' - nothing wrong with wanting to win trophies all fans do, but having a mental breakdown and calling club/owner/manager/players evert name under the sun, when the sixth ranked team in the EPL doesn't win the league - yup that's trolling.

It's in the same place that we put the money from the Martinez bid in the summer

productimg

We have no right to take the moral high ground on people not honouring their word
But it still is a fact of life, whether we like it or not.
Look at how Raiola is "toying" with Bor. Dortmund because he "owns" Haaland. And he's already started his game of playing the potential buyers up against each other. He does not care about football at all - it's all about power and money for him, like so many other agents.

No the point is, we need these players at other clubs to have any hope of rehabilitating their value at all.

And I do have some hope that Dele and Lo Celso can still be sellable assets. And who knows, maybe PSG is dumb enough to take Ndombele permanently.

This is all in service of incomings, and without maximizing our resources there we're doomed, but this is part of maximizing those resources.

Eating some wages to get Lo Celso back in La Liga may well pay 10X relative to having him languish with us.

I'm not blind to the points you're making; but frankly with just 3 days left I couldn't give a shit.... I want a better midfield for the second half of the season.

[ Ironic as Levy bots are alleged to only care about spreadsheets ]

Everyone is missing the obvious. The club is willing to spend money. The issue is that really good players dont want to come to the club. Liverpool offered a similar deal to Diaz that we did. The player chose Liverpool. This is why we need to change our transfer strategy until we get back to the CLNearly every player at clubs outside the big 6, Leicester and West Ham want to come to us.

Nearly every player outside the top 6, Leicester and West Ham wants to come to us. This includes players such as Raphina, Phillips, Lamptey, Bissouma, Neves, Sarr etc who would all make us better.

Regardless of debates about finances, our transfer strategy is all wrong I agree with you there. For some reason the club think 40m on Diaz is better than 40m on Bissouma

Emerson: Can't cross = "Waster" and an absolute storm of abuse post-Watford.
Traore: Can't cross + poor defender = "potential great WB"???

.....Of course his limitations are important. It's his whole use of the ball that's a problem; not his "finishing".
Adama is not a good crosser; this is true.
But his dribbling and pace is leagues ahead of Emerson. He'd have been able to turn around any game for us in a flash; sprint down the right and cut back to Kane and Son who are sensational finishers.

Oh well

It seems we'll get rid of Ndombele, Dele and Lo Celso. I like that, but sign someone ffs.
Kulusevski, Bentacur nad Morata, imagine if we get 3 players from Juventus. The ones Paratici brought in Turin.

We ain't even getting rid of the dross.
Those jokers will be at Spurs until their contracts run out.
It's like 3 David Bentley's - not the slightest care in the world as long as they get paid.

It was reported by Fabrizio Romano in both cases in fact. I am not saying he knows everything but in these cases, I do believe him.
Well, sometimes you simply have to trust people somehow. You don't seem to be aware of how much powers certain agents have. And how cunning and conniving they can be as well. Spurs is not the first club to be "outsmarted" by shrews agents and won't be the last.
I am not happy either with the situation but Spurs lost out of bigger and richer clubs.
I am certainly aware plenty of lies are told and I clearly understand tricks are used to flush out clubs, as per my comment? The point I’m making is the DOF is supposed to be the best in the business, implicitly trusted by Levy (his words IIRC) and yet he is walked down the aisle by an agent when the dippers have been chasing him since last summer?

As for Fabrizio Romano, I haven’t seen that but absolutely take your word for it. I’d suggest he is wrong though given pretty much every other outlet suggests we were offering £20M and our first offer was £15M.

I didn’t say he was special; I said its a special circumstance.
Referring to the fact Conte would have changed his position to RWB; so him not getting into the wolves team as a RW isn’t as relevant.

That isn't lost on me...... But it was still little more than a punt of an idea and the underlying point remains:

"We should only buy players from first XIs" is a myopic, superficial philosophy.......

(If you were to stop and think about it, I bet there's dozens of players that have been bench-riding at times for numerous reasons over the last 18 months that you or I would gladly sign; regardless of if they were on some fantasy list we'd concocted on NYEve.)

Back
Top Bottom