Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t Gil say he’s going nowhere?
Maybe he meant his career?

If Gil is going on loan it should be to a PL team. He needs to get used to the physicality of our league, or he isn't going to make it. He will not learn anything about the PL playing in the inferior Spanish league.

This kid cost us £25m plus Lamela. That's not silly money. He came from that league and isn't ready - so why will going back to it help?
Can't we just loan him to our U-23's team??

Then, when he comes good, at least he'll be in the building!

Besides, not flying him to Spain to play football will save on air travel too... What with us wanting to be a Carbon Neutral®™ Club!!!

Makes 0 sense to loan him to Valencia

He needs to adapt to the English game.

A championship loan would serve him better than La liga.

So weird a deal if we agree to it and 1) it shows Paratici doesn't know whats best for his development 2) We leave ourselves short in the attacking/creative positions. Conte turned to him quite a lot whether it be too play WB at the end or FW. At times he was our only attacker on the bench.. So we have to have to replace him

So weird a deal if we agree to it and 1) it shows Paratici doesn't know whats best for his development 2) We leave ourselves short in the attacking/creative positions. Conte turned to him quite a lot whether it be too play WB at the end or FW. At times he was our only attacker on the bench.. So we have to have to replace him

The whole thing is bizarre. We could end up with a worse squad then when we started if we ain’t careful.

I will say one thing.

Neither Nuno nor Conte have really helped him much.

Both Bill Madrid Bill Madrid and I have been banging on about the fact that he plays as a left winger.

He has been used in every position aside of left wing it seems.

Wherever he goes on loan, I bet he plays LW there and looks great. He'll come back to us, and whoever the manager happens to be will play him somewhere else and the fans will go he's shit!

I'd rather he stayed and depped on the LW but if this helps then ok. Not actually sure how moving away from the PL is doing him any favours

He needs game time at his age so in that respect a loan makes sense, but i don’t see any benefit in sending him to the league he’s just come from. He needs to get used to the pace and physicality of English football so I’d rather see him in the championship or at a lower half prem team.

I will say one thing.

Both Bill Madrid Bill Madrid and I have been banging on about the fact that he plays as a left winger.

Wherever he goes on loan, I bet he plays LW there and looks great. He'll come back to us, and whoever the manager happens to be will play him somewhere else and the fans will go he's shit!
Then why did we fucking buy a LW when that's the position of one of our best Players? Especially after he signed a contract extension

loan for 6 months + option for another 12 months
Tired Oh No GIF by Law & Order

I agree but at the end of the day he needs game time and he's obviously at least got a bit of familiarity with our league now. For me the most important thing he needs to abroad is put on AT LEAST a stone in muscle.

And of course, get a haircut!

I will say one thing.

Signing him in the summer was confusing to begin with. Very few teams play with wingers nowadays. We haven't played with wingers for ages.

Appointing Nuno who previously known for his wing back system. Nuno somehow never used his wingback system, but noone know what his plan is. Then appointing Conte who implement wing back system...

Then on his flank, it's Son position. For a young player, it's the worst situation possible to be competing for game time against one of the key players.

Back
Top Bottom