Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sad to see this. Really think he could have been useful in this season. Starting with Brighton in the FA Cup. Oh well.
I really enjoy his style of play and think he would have done much better with better coaching and better players around him. He was a bright spot in a god awful B team rife with dysfunction and nonperformance. He needed to be first choice winger on a solid B team and get like 40% starts plus sub minutes. We just are not in a position to offer that to him right now, sadly I don't see him being a Conte type player either and expect he will be sold in the summer.

I hope he tears it the eff up at Valencia.

I have my doubts whether he will ever make it here, either for us or ourselves. He seems a bit of a Mummy's boy, someone that will struggle outside of Spain, away from his family, and most certainly in a league like the Premier League. Hope I'm wrong though.

I have my doubts whether he will ever make it here, either for us or ourselves. He seems a bit of a Mummy's boy, someone that will struggle outside of Spain, away from his family, and most certainly in a league like the Premier League. Hope I'm wrong though.

FFS; you literally know nothing about the kid.

......What is it that makes people so quick to judge and eager to tear players down?

FFS; you literally know nothing about the kid.

......What is it that makes people so quick to judge and eager to tear players down?

Not surprised you're raging seeing as you were making him out to be the next Lionel Messi after one sub appearance for fucks sake.

Learn what the word "seems" means too. I never proclaimed to know a lot about him. But at the moment he plays like an absolute fairy.

I had my issues with this signing (If we're supposedly a bit cash strapped, was this a priority?) but he wouldn't be the first player to struggle moving abroad at a young age. Clearly has ability so let's hope he does well over there. Worst case scenario we sell for good money, best case he comes back with a bit more confidence and having matured.

Not surprised you're raging seeing as you were making him out to be the next Lionel Messi after one sub appearance for fucks sake.

You're talking toilet mate.....

I'm not "raging" either... I'm just aghast.

Learn what the word "seems" means too, numb nuts.

It's still a baseless judgement....

All you've seen is the kid play football here and there....... You've no insight into his mentality.... Calling him a "mummy's boy" is puerile nonsense.

If anything the evidence is contrary to the mentality issues you baselessly paint.... He's ballsy and happy to back himself to get stuck in even though atm he's physically out-gunned by a lot of more mature adults..

I never proclaimed to know a lot about him. But at the moment he plays like an absolute fairy.

Gobby (mildly homophobic) drivel.

Last edited:
best case he comes back with a bit more confidence and having matured.
he didnt do anything wrong when he did play for us, he was majority of the time surrounded by absolute shit who couldn't dream of being on the same wavelength as him. then when he did play with the big boy it was for single digit minutes against a well and truly parked bus. even in the times he came on for ten mins against a team defending for their lives, i thought he looked good and the only player we had capable of picking the lock.

far more talented footballer than the likes of ndombele. ones a street baller and ones an actual footballer who wants to do damage to the opposition and not just showboat poncy shit.

But at the moment he plays like an absolute fairy.
Back in the day the people who lionised the likes of Bryan Robson and his engine called Hoddle an absolute fairy.

As for the obsession that some seem to have with "bulking out", this bloke seemed to do OK with a slight frame...

DIE0yV6XsAIBVXd.jpg

Back in the day the people who lionised the likes of Bryan Robson and his engine called Hoddle an absolute fairy.

As for the obsession that some seem to have with "bulking out", this bloke seemed to do OK with a slight frame...

DIE0yV6XsAIBVXd.jpg

Still, look at the girth on this beefcake of a man:

Luka-Modric-in-playing-for-Damino-Zagreb.jpg

he didnt do anything wrong when he did play for us, he was majority of the time surrounded by absolute shit who couldn't dream of being on the same wavelength as him. then when he did play with the big boy it was for single digit minutes against a well and truly parked bus. even in the times he came on for ten mins against a team defending for their lives, i thought he looked good and the only player we had capable of picking the lock.

far more talented footballer than the likes of ndombele. ones a street baller and ones an actual footballer who wants to do damage to the opposition and not just showboat poncy shit.

I thought he looked a little tentative when with us. The odd good moment but struggled to apply it consistently in a league which is played at a fast pace. I do think you're being harsh on Ndombele ability wise as well, he's absolutely dominated top tier midfields when he can be bothered to show up, it was always just his desire to do that on a consistent basis that was an issue.

But I do think Gil, whether with us or not, will be a very successful player.

I do think you're being harsh on Ndombele ability wise as well, he's absolutely dominated top tier midfields when he can be bothered to show up
anytime we played a team that really wanted it i thought he looked poor, could only play at one tempo and thats no good in high intensity games.

yea his weight of pass was decent when he did pass but his decision making and football I.Q was poor. constantly hanging onto ball and not only burning his own energy but letting other teams reset shape. would rather have billy wingrove playing than that lazy twat. theres times to hang onto the ball and slow things down, but not every fucking time you get the ball.

i think as gil gets older hell move more central, with that touch and ability you want them players more central and more involved.

as ive just said that hes come more central and slipped a ball through for a team mate that should of resulted in a very good chance....theyve just scored from the resulting corner..hes wasted on the wing

I thought he looked a little tentative when with us. The odd good moment but struggled to apply it consistently in a league which is played at a fast pace. I do think you're being harsh on Ndombele ability wise as well, he's absolutely dominated top tier midfields when he can be bothered to show up, it was always just his desire to do that on a consistent basis that was an issue.

But I do think Gil, whether with us or not, will be a very successful player.
I thought a lot of his issues with us was lack of movement of those around him, it meant he needed to hold on too long... And the pace

I thought a lot of his issues with us was lack of movement of those around him, it meant he needed to hold on too long... And the pace

'The ECL Doss Squad' surrounding a young fresh-man is a veritable death sentence..... All he was left with was trying to do his best Maradona impression against a bunch of highly motivated players on a giant killing mission.

Last edited:
yea his weight of pass was decent when he did pass but his decision making and football I.Q was poor.

I think his decision making and football IQ is one of his best strengths actually. He reads the intentions of those around him very well, imo, always looking to move to where play will be, and not where it is. These are the qualities of players with superior mental capabilities.

I feel like one of the bigger problems he had is that none of his teammates really looked to pass to him much, especially when he was actually in dangerous positions, like when we were on the break or counter, and he actually had space to run into. Most of the rest of the time our team just seemed to dump him the ball in a crowded final third after they had already brought play to a standstill, looked around a bit, and decided that there were no decent other passes to their friends available. Then, when he did get the ball, they largely just stood around and watched as he tried to do stuff. Our B team was/is truly goddawful this year, especially pre-Conte.

Gil is in constant motion off the ball, as a good attacker should be, and clearly is looking to play higher level pass-and-move football with other higher-wavelength players. We basically surrounded him with a bunch of poorly-coached, out of form, selfish, in-group-clique wankers. Shouldn't be much of a surprise he didn't flourish in that environment.

Back
Top Bottom