Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have my doubts whether he will ever make it here, either for us or ourselves. He seems a bit of a Mummy's boy, someone that will struggle outside of Spain, away from his family, and most certainly in a league like the Premier League. Hope I'm wrong though.
I agree with you on the first part. 2nd sentence is ridiculous to call him a mummy’s boy … you don’t know him at all

Last edited:
I think his decision making and football IQ is one of his best strengths actually. He reads the intentions of those around him very well, imo, always looking to move to where play will be, and not where it is. These are the qualities of players with superior mental capabilities.

I feel like one of the bigger problems he had is that none of his teammates really looked to pass to him much, especially when he was actually in dangerous positions, like when we were on the break or counter, and he actually had space to run into. Most of the rest of the time our team just seemed to dump him the ball in a crowded final third after they had already brought play to a standstill, looked around a bit, and decided that there were no decent other passes to their friends available. Then, when he did get the ball, they largely just stood around and watched as he tried to do stuff. Our B team was/is truly goddawful this year, especially pre-Conte.

Gil is in constant motion off the ball, as a good attacker should be, and clearly is looking to play higher level pass-and-move football with other higher-wavelength players. We basically surrounded him with a bunch of poorly-coached, out of form, selfish, in-group-clique wankers. Shouldn't be much of a surprise he didn't flourish in that environment.
that was regarding ndombele not gil.

gil has very good football I.Q, thats why i think he should be more central than out on the wing where he just gets ignored.

that was regarding ndombele not gil.

gil has very good football I.Q, thats why i think he should be more central than out on the wing where he just gets ignored.

fuck me reading is hard sometimes eh! lol... i believe my points still stand though. sending a big FU out to all the Gil haters.

fuck me reading is hard sometimes eh! lol... i believe my points still stand though. sending a big FU out to all the Gil haters.
no i agree with you, i felt for him watching him in that b side. surrounded by a bunch of useless wankers who he cant link up with and actually play the beautiful game because his team mates were fucking incompetent. kane has been starved of having someone like gil because kane is on that wavelength. i think gil really is a 10, good football I.Q, good touch, weight of pass, can go past people...he would be fucking deadly behind a good striker.

was awful management sticking him in that side of losers. footballers need footballers, hes not some streetballing cunt like ndombele who wants to try and do it all himself and make it all about him, hes looking to link up with teammates like footballs supposed to be.

Back in the day the people who lionised the likes of Bryan Robson and his engine called Hoddle an absolute fairy.

As for the obsession that some seem to have with "bulking out", this bloke seemed to do OK with a slight frame...

DIE0yV6XsAIBVXd.jpg

Which part of my post said players with slight frames can't become great footballers? My early judgement of Gil goes beyond his physical appearance. That said, he clearly needs to work on his upper body strength if he's ever to do well over here. I think he would fall over at the moment if an opponent farted within 5 yards of him. But it's his lack of any sort of end product whatsoever which is most concerning. At the moment I see a player that's easy on the eye, in regards to him being neat and tidy, but little else. Needs to improve big time.

Last edited:
no i agree with you, i felt for him watching him in that b side. surrounded by a bunch of useless wankers who he cant link up with and actually play the beautiful game because his team mates were fucking incompetent. kane has been starved of having someone like gil because kane is on that wavelength. i think gil really is a 10, good football I.Q, good touch, weight of pass, can go past people...he would be fucking deadly behind a good striker.

was awful management sticking him in that side of losers. footballers need footballers, hes not some streetballing cunt like ndombele who wants to try and do it all himself and make it all about him, hes looking to link up with teammates like footballs supposed to be.
Yea for sure. I did not mean to lump you in with the Gil haters! Sorry if my follow-up post was unclear.

Christ. Are you 15?

Labelling people who don't share your opinion as "haters" is some schoolboy shit. Not everyone will adore your favourite player(s).

I have my doubts whether he will ever make it here, either for us or ourselves. He seems a bit of a Mummy's boy, someone that will struggle outside of Spain, away from his family, and most certainly in a league like the Premier League. Hope I'm wrong though.
out of curiosity, why do you have doubts? fair enough you think hes a mummys boy and what not, but even if he was i dont see him go hiding in games?

them B team games we had was a hard watch, a serious lack of testosterone out on the pitch, but i never looked at gil and thought hes hiding away and doesnt want to be there.

out of curiosity, why do you have doubts? fair enough you think hes a mummys boy and what not, but even if he was i dont see him go hiding in games?

them B team games we had was a hard watch, a serious lack of testosterone out on the pitch, but i never looked at gil and thought hes hiding away and doesnt want to be there.

The mummy's boy thing was a silly comment. I say dumb shit sometimes.

But while he's technically good, lots of technically good players don't make it in our game. Being 21 this month he's still got more than enough time to improve, which is why I've not written him off. But I'd rather have seen him go and toughen up in then Championship than go back to his comfort zone in Spain, as I think it would have benefitted us more in the long run. If not his shins.

Hard to say how much playing time he'll get since I think he'll play the same position as Yunus Musah who i believe wasn't available tonight because he was on international duty with USA

Having watched both Musah and Gil lately, I can confidently say Gil is a much better player than Musah. I hope Valencia don't have too much trouble figuring this out.

The mummy's boy thing was a silly comment. I say dumb shit sometimes.

But while he's technically good, lots of technically good players don't make it in our game. Being 21 this month he's still got more than enough time to improve, which is why I've not written him off. But I'd rather have seen him go and toughen up in then Championship than go back to his comfort zone in Spain, as I think it would have benefitted us more in the long run. If not his shins.
i agree you can get technically good players that dont make it, but that would normally be down to other things like attitude or intellect, both of which i believe gil is more than good in, works his socks off for his team.

comparing gil to the other 3 that left is like night and day imo, his attitude and desire in games shits all over the other 3 losers so its hard not to like him. anyone that gives 100% for the badge and is evident on the pitch its hard not to like, give them actual ability too and they become fan favourites.

maybe im a sucker for the players who play with an elegance, i miss watching the likes of berbatov and modric, and i think this kids the closest thing weve had to them since.

i understand the thinking behind loaning him to an english side, but then its basically the whole B team shit again where hes around players who are not on his wavelength. if the clubs got any sense they've sent him to spain with a dietician to pack on the calories and a PT whos going to get him on a decent weight lifting programme.

I think his decision making and football IQ is one of his best strengths actually. He reads the intentions of those around him very well, imo, always looking to move to where play will be, and not where it is. These are the qualities of players with superior mental capabilities.

I feel like one of the bigger problems he had is that none of his teammates really looked to pass to him much, especially when he was actually in dangerous positions, like when we were on the break or counter, and he actually had space to run into. Most of the rest of the time our team just seemed to dump him the ball in a crowded final third after they had already brought play to a standstill, looked around a bit, and decided that there were no decent other passes to their friends available. Then, when he did get the ball, they largely just stood around and watched as he tried to do stuff. Our B team was/is truly goddawful this year, especially pre-Conte.

Gil is in constant motion off the ball, as a good attacker should be, and clearly is looking to play higher level pass-and-move football with other higher-wavelength players. We basically surrounded him with a bunch of poorly-coached, out of form, selfish, in-group-clique wankers. Shouldn't be much of a surprise he didn't flourish in that environment.

💯

I saw him make so many runs where he was clearly the right pass to make and his teammates ignored him.

Back
Top Bottom