Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you imagine if he had stood off a lethal crosser like JWP, not once but twice in 3 minutes, like Bentancur did?

For the record, I thought Rodri was great apart from those two moments of slowness, but it seems that people actively like to blame their scapegoats and have a blind spot for others
...2 Bentancur brain farts do not excuse Winks' 90+ minutes of abject weakness...
COYS

Felt sorry for the front 3 out there tonight. Absolute clusterfuck of a defensive and midfield show.

Hard to disagree with that. Feeling sorry though - hmmmm.

I felt sorry for myself.

Only Bentancur when he came on should escape criticism. The rest were poor.

Lloris completely exposed.

Hopefully we are better on the weekend.

Last edited:
All we will hear conte say is we need to improve in many ways. But the simple thing is some of these players can't and won't because they are not good enough. Example winks sanchez royal Davies. Those players would not get into a top 4 team let alone all 4 playing in the same team like last night. Realistic ur looking 6th or 7th with that team we had out last night.

All we will hear conte say is we need to improve in many ways. But the simple thing is some of these players can't and won't because they are not good enough. Example winks sanchez royal Davies. Those players would not get into a top 4 team let alone all 4 playing in the same team like last night. Realistic ur looking 6th or 7th with that team we had out last night.
He keeps playing them. All four of these reprobates simply have to be benched Sunday whether Skipp and Dier are fit or not. PEH is a bigger hindrance than Davies by the way. I’m ok with Davies for now

We've come out a transfer window with the same team and a weakened squad, which isn't the first time this has happened under Levy's watch. Just another example of why I had it Levy and Enic and don't won't to give them my money anymore as they're mugging us off., and have been for years.

This will be the first season since 1989 that I haven't been to any Tottenham games, it's sad but it case of love Tottenham hate ENIC/Levy,.

If Conte get's top 4 with this lot he deserves to win the manager of the year awards, although I expect him to fuck off in the summer when a better offer comes along.

We've come out a transfer window with the same team and a weakened squad, which isn't the first time this has happened under Levy's watch. Just another example of why I had it Levy and Enic and don't won't to give them my money anymore as they're mugging us off., and have been for years.

This will be the first season since 1989 that I haven't been to any Tottenham games, it's sad but it case of love Tottenham hate ENIC/Levy,.

If Conte get's top 4 with this lot he deserves to win the manager of the year awards, although I expect him to fuck off in the summer when a better offer comes along.
I wouldnt say weaker. We got rid of dross that wasnt helping the the team or squad. We just didnt strenghten

The Lucas sub???? we just scored???? so you don't make subs when when are getting totally obliterated but make a change as soon as a player does well and gets an assist?? what?
The Lucas sub was a real strange one...... He'd been all over the place, was the main one breaking through their lines and just got the assist for us to take the lead......

And then a minute later Conte subs him for Premier league debutant Kulusevski - a player who's not even been with us for a fortnight?

We needed to keep on the front foot and consolidate - that sub killed our momentum.

And Kulu looked awfully slow.......

The Lucas sub was a real strange one...... He'd been all over the place, was the main one breaking through their lines and just got the assist for us to take the lead......

And then a minute later Conte subs him for Premier league debutant Kulusevski - a player who's not even been with us for a fortnight?

We needed to keep on the front foot and consolidate - that sub killed our momentum.

And Kulu looked awfully slow.......
Don't be daft, he's not slow, he just looks slow because everyone else is faster...

For one, I’m more than a little tired of seeing our world class forward line and GK dig us out of a hole only to see our back 5/MF put us straight back into it.
In truth how many of our defenders— I use the term loosely — would get into a top four team? None of them would have made our team of Walker/Jan/Toby/ Rose of a few years back.
Would Winks or Hjøjberg get close to a good CL squad?

Kulu was definitely at fault for not picking up his man for the equalizer but the loss wasn’t on him. January is notoriously hard to pick up quality signings and I’m certainly not going to write off a 21 year old based on thirty minute of cameos.

Hopefully, we’ll have the character to bounce back this weekend but this was a huge opportunity missed after Yawnited got held yesterday.

The fact is, that several of them were already in the team during (at least the last of) the good Poch seasons. And every one of them was rumoured to leave.

Instead, in classic ENIC style, we let the good players leave and replaced them with shit or nothing at all.

It's not about ups and downs anymore.

It's about e.g. replacing Walker - Toby - Jan - Rose with

Trippier
Sessegnon
Rodon
Dier (after years of a midfielder and a full physical collapse)
Reggie
Doherty
Emerson
Tanganga
... along with players who we positively knew were not good enough
Davies
Sanchez

Sorry, that is a shitshow and that are direct downgrades across the board.

Back
Top Bottom