New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our ticket policy is weird

There are tens of thousands resale tickets available for Soton and Wolves and there will be attendances of c.45k so 15k empty seats yet non members cannot buy a ticket

Who is in charge of this fuckery? Short sighted nonsense trying to trap people into signing up to a £50 membership and not seeing the damage to the brand of a half empty stadium

Poundshop graduates

Soton has gone to general sale. And TE is not open.

So anyone who wants a ticket can currently buy one.

I guess that includes away fans??? That’s how general sale works isn’t it?

A mad visual if you click on this.....

Does this count the stadium and training ground?

Say what you will about the rest of the developments, which are clearly ENIC trying to profit off gentrifying Tottenham. But the stadium and training ground clearly were and will be important investments for a club wanting to compete at the top level in Europe.

Courtesy Pathfinder Pathfinder

Tottenham lining up stunning bid to host 2026 SUPER BOWL in £1bn stadium in first-ever NFL showpiece on foreign soil​

It would be the first time ever the NFL showpiece is staged on foreign soil.

Spurs already have a ten-year contract in place to stage two matches per season at their new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

However, as reported by the Daily Mail, they may face hurdles hosting the 2026 Super Bowl due to the time difference.

It would need to be a very late kick-off in London to hit the prime US viewing slot, with more than 100million usually watching the biggest event of the year.

That could cause problems with Haringey Council - but an earlier time may put off advertisers if viewing figures will drop.

Therefore Sydney could be a more suitable option - with an afternoon start Down Under meaning an evening slot in the USA.

Hosting the Super Bowl is said to generate £300m for the city according to the NFL - although that does not factor in the high costs of staging such a huge event.

It could also provide a major boost in Tottenham's search to find a naming-rights holder for the stadium.

Chairman Daniel Levy has had plenty of offers but is said to be holding out for a deal worth £400m offer across 20 years.

The American football league chooses the venue for the match after an Olympic-style bidding process, based on meeting various criteria rather than a financial offer.

This Sunday's showdown between the Los Angeles Rams and the Cincinnati Bengals is taking place at the SoFi Stadium in California.

The subsequent Super Bowls will be in Arizona, Las Vegas and then New Orleans with one more in the USA before the possible overseas venture.

Spurs will stage another two matches this coming autumn while the Jacksonville Jaguars have one 'home' match at Wembley.

Germany are going to start hosting one fixture per season from 2022, alternating between Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena and Frankfurt.

And there will also be one match played in Mexico next season, too.

I don't know about you, but I always hated the Super Bowl stuff from the beginning.

It's a football ground, not a "multi use entertainment arena"

I mean, we actually have to use some weird hybrid grass system so that both the (actual) football pitch and American one can both be in use and changed out.

We built entire extra facilities for NFL players including changing rooms, medical facilities, restaurants, warm-up areas, pre-match players' lounge just so they can fly here and play two games a year.

It just comes off as a bit naff and gimmicky, tbh.

I don't know about you, but I always hated the Super Bowl stuff from the beginning.

It's a football ground, not a "multi use entertainment arena"

I mean, we actually have to use some weird hybrid grass system so that both the (actual) football pitch and American one can both be in use and changed out.

We built entire extra facilities for NFL players including changing rooms, medical facilities, restaurants, warm-up areas, pre-match players' lounge just so they can fly here and play two games a year.

It just comes off as a bit naff and gimmicky, tbh.
Levy has punted that an NFL team will relocate to London.
The couple of games a year will pay for the expense of the extra pitch whatever happens.

Ignoring personal feelings about what ever else we do with our stadium (and for the record, I don't give a shit, in fact I actually quite like that we have a stadium that's used and will be famous for other events) this "other use" is actually good for the football club/team.

All this revenue goes to Spurs, not Levy. And regardless of how well/badly we use the revenue, it's better to have it than not.

The only place we are challenging city.

COYS

:avbcringe:
Tottenham 1-0 Man City CL Q/F
City 4-3 Tottenham Q/F
Spurs win on away goals
City 2-2 Tottenham PL
Tottenham 2-0 City PL
Tottenham 2-0 City PL

City 3-0 Tottenham PL
Tottenham 0-1 City League Cup Final
Tottenham 1-0 City PL

Since knocking them out of CL we've won 4, lost 2, drawn 1.
Since the start of the 15/16 season, we've won 7; drawn 2; lost 7 (but one of those 7 defeats was the 4-3 in CL Q/F which meant we won the fixture over two legs on away goal) and finished above them in the league twice. (Only other teams to have finished above them over the same period has been Chavs and Liverpool once each).

We've held our own against the most powerful football club on planet earth.

I don't see any other team that's challenging them, let alone us.

Ignoring personal feelings about what ever else we do with our stadium (and for the record, I don't give a shit, in fact I actually quite like that we have a stadium that's used and will be famous for other events) this "other use" is actually good for the football club/team.

All this revenue goes to Spurs, not Levy. And regardless of how well/badly we use the revenue, it's better to have it than not.
Could argue they are indirectly investing that revenue in infrastructure that doesn’t really help the club, but increases the sale value of the club (to benefit them)

Could argue they are indirectly investing that revenue in infrastructure that doesn’t really help the club, but increases the sale value of the club (to benefit them)

You could argue that but at best it would only be half a truth. As long as they aren't taking that revenue (profit from that revenue) as dividends, and they aren't (and haven't for over 15 years) The fact that that infrastructure is enabling the club - THFC - to increase it's revenues is good for THFC.

Under the current circumstances (above) the value of the club is irrelevant in terms of the benefit the club - THFC - gets from the increased stadium revenue. Until those circumstances change, it is the club and only the club that reaps the rewards of those revenues.

For the last 15 years plus, Revenues have gone to the club, on infrastructure and the team. The more revenues the club can make, the better.

You could argue that but at best it would only be half a truth. As long as they aren't taking that revenue (profit from that revenue) as dividends, and they aren't (and haven't for over 15 years) The fact that that infrastructure is enabling the club - THFC - to increase it's revenues is good for THFC.

Under the current circumstances (above) the value of the club is irrelevant in terms of the benefit the club - THFC - gets from the increased stadium revenue. Until those circumstances change, it is the club and only the club that reaps the rewards of those revenues.

For the last 15 years plus, Revenues have gone to the club, on infrastructure and the team. The more revenues the club can make, the better.
I get that, not opposed to the stadium investment but flats etc? Does that really help the FC improve, or is more of a long term play to change the look of the P and L for potential investors?

Does this count the stadium and training ground?

Say what you will about the rest of the developments, which are clearly ENIC trying to profit off gentrifying Tottenham. But the stadium and training ground clearly were and will be important investments for a club wanting to compete at the top level in Europe.

We haven't had time to see if the team benefits. It certainly hasn't yet in any way shape or form, but covid happened.

nfl stadia

In a post pandemic world we have no chance of a record breaking deal. Who is paying hundreds of millions with the possibility the stadium is empty the next time a new respiratory illness emerges. Covid opened a can of worms we'll never close.

Only time will tell where that money goes.

City 4-3 Tottenham Q/F
Spurs win on away goals
City 2-2 Tottenham PL
Tottenham 2-0 City PL
Tottenham 2-0 City PL

City 3-0 Tottenham PL
Tottenham 1-0 City PL

Since the start of the 15/16 season, we've won 7; drawn 2; lost 7 (but one of those 7 defeats was the 4-3 in CL Q/F which meant we won the fixture over two legs on away goal) and finished above them in the league twice. (Only other teams to have finished above them over the same period has been Chavs and Liverpool once each).

You're talking about 1 off matches, none of which were finals so other than points or progression, we got nothing.
Meanwhile City have overtaken us as one of the most successful teams in England in the space of 14 years. Since the start of the 15/16 season we have won some games against them and they have won 3 League titles and are on their way to 4, 5 league cups than we have in our history.
Beating them and winning fuck all isn't competing with them.

We haven't had time to see if the team benefits. It certainly hasn't yet in any way shape or form, but covid happened.

No, the team has already benefitted, the summer after the move we spunked a ton of money, and look at our financial situation to teams like Everton and Leicester - and several others who have been hit by the economics of covid harder than we have (you can even look at Liverpool who we’ve outspent in the last 3 years I think).

We might not be using money wisely, but we are using it, and the point I’m making is, it’s better to have it to use, than not have it, regardless of if it comes from football or NFL or anything else.

City 4-3 Tottenham Q/F
Spurs win on away goals
City 2-2 Tottenham PL
Tottenham 2-0 City PL
Tottenham 2-0 City PL

City 3-0 Tottenham PL
Tottenham 1-0 City PL

Err I don't think we are AT ALL challenging city Bit worried that you think getting a result against them in one off matches but winning nothing is a challenge. Christ this clubs fans have zero standards no wonder Levy still in charge

In a post pandemic world we have no chance of a record breaking deal. Who is paying hundreds of millions with the possibility the stadium is empty the next time a new respiratory illness emerges. Covid opened a can of worms we'll never close.

You're talking about 1 off matches, none of which were finals so other than points or progression, we got nothing.
Meanwhile City have overtaken us as one of the most successful teams in England in the space of 14 years. Since the start of the 15/16 season we have won some games against them and they have won 3 League titles and are on their way to 4, 5 league cups than we have in our history.
Beating them and winning fuck all isn't competing with them.
Matt have we all gone fucking crazy! Dear God challenging city!!!

Back
Top Bottom