Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This fucking club

Antonio Conte is the wrong manager for this club. Spurs need a more progressive manager in the end.

How many managers have now come and gone, so-called progressive or otherwise, without a title or trophy? Look at Poch, who I’m sure you’d agree was progressive, and how we fucked that up as a club.

Until we sort out how we scout, move for and invest in our players, together with the manager’s on-field vision, it’ll just be one cycle of disappointment after another.

Simple solution. Big things start small. Let's Boycott the coming Games. If No one goes to the games and there is No merchandise sold, even stubborn Levy will get the message. Hit them all the only way they will understand. Nothing will send a message to players like a COVID look stadium. Us ranting and raving hasn't worked. Protests haven't work. Do something different, voice your disappointment with complete silence and withdrawal. Spurs will always be Our Club. The fact that we hear ranting is proof most of us don't just jump ship. And I refuse to. Let's take back what is ours

I don't have the words. I got drenched making my way to the game, drenched in the way home and for what? To show my support for a bunch of overpaid clowns that just don't care?

There was so much wrong yesterday but I can't even work out what Lucas is supposed to be doing. For weeks now I've watched as he just does what he wants, coming inside, never tracks back and doesn't hug the right wing. He offers no creative input beyond "running at people" and yet seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I know we have RB issues, can't control a midfield and Hugo had a shocker yesterday (I'll forgive that because he's arguably been in his best form the last two years) but fuck me. It's the hope that kills you.

So many players that aren't good enough for a top half team, let alone top four. As Sherwood would say, top four? Having a laugh.

Last edited:
Surely levy must know his time is coming to end. Its about winnimg trophies and memories. Not looking at balance sheets. How much more shit is levy going to put fans through. Longest period in our history without a trophy. No wonder we have weak mentality. Were used to being 2nd best all the time.
Second best ...?
I wish!

Picked a good day to fall out of love with my Football club.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!
(too much red today, anyway!)

Gonna sign out if here for a bit...
I fear my language and overall tone was a little fruity and unwanted over the last few days with the 'Y' word stuff etc... Apologies for any offence caused.

See y'all at the next one, yeah?

This obsession with Poch. He went because we had turned to shit....what is going to do if he comes back???
I think he became disillusioned with the project due to lack of needed investment . Before he left he talked about uncertainty of his future , for me , it’s clear why he said that .

Hojbjerg wants the ball but can’t handle receiving it under any pressure.
For me I don't see why all the hate against Hojberg from some supporters, I think for the most part he's decent. Yes of course he has the occasional spell in a game where he just isn't performing but it's much less regular than other players.

I saw a stat last night on MOTD whereby when Dier, Hojberg and Skipp are playing we conceded zero goals in 7 games and when they're not playing we conceded 13 goals in 9 games I believe. So the guy clearly has an influence on us performing well.

There was so much wrong yesterday but I can't even work out what Lucas is supposed to be doing. For weeks now I've watched as he just does what he wants, coming inside, never tracks back and doesn't hug the right wing. He offers no creative input beyond "running at people" and yet seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet.
I don't understand this at all. Lucas ran his arse of in the first half, yes he was a bit all over the place (as usual), but at least he was trying. He also nipped in and won the ball from them on several occasions, that's more than most of the others did. :/

I feel so sorry for him, I know he's limited but he clearly loves the club and gives everything, plus he does definitely make stuff happen (for example he played the key pass in both our goals in the last game), yet he's always one of the first to get beaten up every time the entire team plays terribly. :(

Last edited:
It's a simple solution for you because you don't go to games. How can you seriously say "let's do x" when in reality you won't be doing anything?
You clearly don't understand what "Common Good" means. You don't see what mass action can achieve. What do you do if a restaurant gives you shitty food. Do you go there and order a double helping the next week. I don't go to games, because I can't. I used to proudly wear the jersey and I payed a large portion of my hard earned salary for that. I don't anymore. I refuse to be handed scraps for my undying support. Not being willing to stay away from a game or two, doesn't short change me, It short changes you. I mostly stream games so I don't spend a fortune on that. You pay one of the highest ticket prices to get crap. If you happy with that, continue going to games and enjoy the privilege of being at the "Nameless" Stadium.

I'm proposing everyone, in which ever way possible, boycott anything bringing in finance to Levy and Co. Players will realise what is at stake. They know you and, I in whichever way, puts them on that pitch. Owners know where the value of a club lies. Its mostly in the supporters. Without them No FC can survive. Threaten that and they will soon wake up.

TBF you can make a strong argument that he isn’t a good fit, successful, gets the best out of elite players and above all is a short term 2-3 year manager.

We aren’t spending £300m in the summer, by the time we get a squad ready for him he will be gone then we need another rebuild. Poch worked because he is elite as a project manager working with young players.

That Conte might not fit doesn’t reflect badly on Conte it reflects badly on us and ENIC. It suggests only project managers who can developer a squad over time can work under our model.
He's too good for us, but that post I quoted insinuated he wasn't good enough and didn't play the right football.
The reason we've been shit for Poch, For Mourinho, Nuno and now a few worrying times for Conte is the squad. It's packed full of players who are barely even PL level. You can win a title with 1 or 2. But we have 6+ most of which start matches.

Anyone less than Conte will timidly tell Levy he can get them playing. Conte will be pushing Levy to clear them out every day,

You clearly don't understand what "Common Good" means. You don't see what mass action can achieve. What do you do if a restaurant gives you shitty food. Do you go there and order a double helping the next week. I don't go to games, because I can't. I used to proudly wear the jersey and I payed a large portion of my hard earned salary for that. I don't anymore. I refuse to be handed scraps for my undying support. Not being willing to stay away from a game or two, doesn't short change me, It short changes you. I mostly stream games so I don't spend a fortune on that. You pay one of the highest ticket prices to get crap. If you happy with that, continue going to games and enjoy the privilege of being at the "Nameless" Stadium.

I'm proposing everyone, in which ever way possible, boycott anything bringing in finance to Levy and Co. Players will realise what is at stake. They know you and, I in whichever way, puts them on that pitch. Owners know where the value of a club lies. Its mostly in the supporters. Without them No FC can survive. Threaten that and they will soon wake up.

No, I'm sorry. No.

You sit thousands of miles away and say "we should boycott games, we should stop buying pints inside the stadium".

I'll say again, since you didn't answer last time you brough this up. I have already paid for my seat. I am the one who will therefore be out of pocket if I don't go. But yeah, that'll show Levy hey?

I am not going to be judged by someone thousands of miles away for having the audacity to attend a game I've already paid for. What exactly are you going to be sacrificing for the cause you're demanding others sign up to?

Hey, I just found a plus point folks..

We aren't at home again until March 7th so none of us have to suffer the slog there and back to watch a bunch of wet blankets dither around.

No, I'm sorry. No.

You sit thousands of miles away and say "we should boycott games, we should stop buying pints inside the stadium".

I'll say again, since you didn't answer last time you brough this up. I have already paid for my seat. I am the one who will therefore be out of pocket if I don't go. But yeah, that'll show Levy hey?

I am not going to be judged by someone thousands of miles away for having the audacity to attend a game I've already paid for. What exactly are you going to be sacrificing for the cause you're demanding others sign up to?
You Didn't read properly.

I don't care if you attend a game or not. Things continuing as they won't change anything. If I lived closer, sure, I would've attended games, as I do here at Home. I haven't done so in a while because of similar managerial decisions made by the club I support. I'll always support them but I refuse to continue having them reap the benefits of my financial support.

Im telling you that by attending games, paying the highest ticket prices in the league you are punishing yourself. I don't know, maybe you like it. Staying away would probably put you out of pocket if you are a season ticket holder and I feel you pain. However, the message it would send if players and management are forced to look at empty stands, even for a week, would definitely be taken heed of.

I repeat just to clarify, I am in no way forcing you to boycott any game. I am telling you what power lays in you and 50000 others boycotting a game.

For the record, I haven't bought any Spurs apparel in the last 2 years. I refuse to give any of my hard earned money for the crap we see.

I don't understand this at all. Lucas ran his arse of in the first half, yes he was a bit all over the place (as usual), but at least he was trying. He also nipped in and won the ball from them on several occasions, that's more than most of the others did. :/

I feel so sorry for him, I know he's limited but he clearly loves the club and gives everything, plus he does definitely make stuff happen (for example he played the key pass in both our goals in the last game), yet he's always one of the first to get beaten up every time the entire team plays terribly. :(
Because he lacks quality and the effort doesn’t offset his ability to play as an effective part of a fluid front 3

He’s been good this season but still hinders us to play fast attacking football

Back
Top Bottom