Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF I gave up after 2 minutes
these videos have lost their appeal. The novelty wore off, it's the same story of nearly getting top 4/6 every season. Their hearts aren't in it any more either.

AFTV needs a new narrative, maybe a real relegation scrap this time.

if you fuck this up, I will have to move house and take up missionary work in Newcastle or some other god forsaken place outside London. AND YOU WILL BE TO BLAME!

Doing missionary work, as a young atheist, was the making of me…

Though I chose somewhere relatively nice, Kalighat, Kolkata…

Newcastle…

Shocked Season 2 GIF by NBC

I don’t know about you guys but I could only do 6 mins of it. 30 mins of this is too much.

I hope the Spurs fan base don’t do these watchalongs. I know there is wearetottenhamtv but they seem a pair of sensible young lads. I’m referring to individuals setting themselves up in their mums basement with a camera and a microphone.
expressions but he's funny as fuck tbh. The funniest/best vlogger of any team.

FQDf8XSXIAIO2hY

£192,000 per week!

We've scored 4 more own goals than he has scored in all comps combined this season.

"Lacca" more like Lacca goals

Deals up at the end of the season.... Big hopes that they give him the customary Arse desperation 350kpw retirement deal to renew.

(I will laugh my ass off if they give 2-time want-away Nketia a new deal too!)

Last edited:
Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

Auba doing absolute bits in La Liga, scored 10 goals, 2 short of Woolwich who have scored 12 since they sold him, do you still think it was a good idea for them to let him go?
Yes.

Think he done as a player. He's never matched the levels he was in Germany, a totally different player here, absolutely zero work off the ball, his pace has gone.

Martinelli offers the team way, way more (he's nowhere near mature enough in front of goal, so this will take time as it has with say Harvey Barnes) but the dynamic of the team is better. The reason why nothing is working for them offensively is Arteta's tactics, they are good in low/mid-blocks but shit when having to drop the block in search of a goal, midfield can't deal with transitions + Lacazette is shite.

It's a no brainer for Barca, he was free.

Woolwich did fuck up not selling him though, I think they got way too greedy, they could have got a massive fee once if they sold him to China.

Yes.

Think he done as a player. He's never matched the levels he was in Germany, a totally different player here, absolutely zero work off the ball, his pace has gone.

Martinelli offers the team way, way more (he's nowhere near mature enough in front of goal, so this will take time as it has with say Harvey Barnes) but the dynamic of the team is better. The reason why nothing is working for them offensively is Arteta's tactics, they are good in low/mid-blocks but shit when having to drop the block in search of a goal, midfield can't deal with transitions + Lacazette is shite.

Woolwich did fuck up not selling him though, I think they got way too greedy, they could have got a massive fee once if they sold him to China.

He's done as a player but he's got into double figures for Barcelona...okay then.

Yes.

Disagree with this he's a massive wanker and maybe had to leave for off field reasons and clashing with Arteta but he's still a very good player.

It's another case of Arteta and his ego forcing a good player out. He did it with Guendouzi (however it's spelt) also. Also forced Bellerin and that Saliba we wanted out also.

It's obvious anyone who disagrees with him gets forced out. And that in its self can be a good thing Poch did it here after all with Ade, Kaboul, Bentaleb and others.

The issue is he's forced all these players out either not replaced them or replaced them with players who ain't good enough.

And now they have 2 injuries it's a "crisis" and the teams fallen to bits it mental.

It's amazing

Disagree with this he's a massive wanker and maybe had to leave for off field reasons and clashing with Arteta but he's still a very good player.

It's another case of Arteta and his ego forcing a good player out. He did it with Guendouzi (however it's spelt) also. Also forced Bellerin and that Saliba we wanted out also.

It's obvious anyone who disagrees with him gets forced out. And that in its self can be a good thing Poch did it here after all with Ade, Kaboul, Bentaleb and others.

The issue is he's forced all these players out either not replaced them or replaced them with players who ain't good enough.

And now they have 2 injuries it's a "crisis" and the teams fallen to bits it mental.

It's amazing
Agree completely. That squad is/was full of wankers who let the club down regularly. Yet he's dumped the likes of Auba, but kept Xhaka.

He seems to run on some "establish managerial athority" heuristic rather than based on real understanding of football or people. They call him Dicteta or something.

Poch and Conte both had a clear out, but as you said, both also added key players, and neither comes across as humourless dictators the way Arteta does. Conte has the godfather reputation but he's actually pretty jovial and pleasant in the press conferences and stuff.

Agree completely. That squad is/was full of wankers who let the club down regularly. Yet he's dumped the likes of Auba, but kept Xhaka.

He seems to run on some "establish managerial athority" heuristic rather than based on real understanding of football or people. They call him Dicteta or something.

Poch and Conte both had a clear out, but as you said, both also added key players, and neither comes across as humourless dictators the way Arteta does. Conte has the godfather reputation but he's actually pretty jovial and pleasant in the press conferences and stuff.

It's been more than obvious PEA has a dodgy attitude and was increasingly dialing it in.... He was club captain and on the biggest wages yet (eg) turned up late for a NLD and reportedly went awol on other occasions.

This is no defense of Arteta, but loads of the goons accepted that PEA was a bad egg...... We're just seeing typical gooner revisionism here from both some of their fans, but also within yours and other posts here.

It's been more than obvious PEA has a dodgy attitude and was increasingly dialing it in.... He was club captain and on the biggest wages yet (eg) turned up late for a NLD and reportedly went awol on other occasions.

This is no defense of Arteta, but loads of the goons accepted that PEA was a bad egg...... We're just seeing typical gooner revisionism here from both some of their fans, but also within yours and other posts here.
I accept he was a twat, but so is Xhaka, and a few others. Xhaka is the most rash CM I've seen in the PL. Just a constant risk of cards and critical defensive errors. Had the whole saga with the fans booing him and then throwing the armband.

The way he's treated that dog bothering LB is also dodgy.

I accept he was a twat, but so is Xhaka, and a few others. Xhaka is the most rash CM I've seen in the PL. Just a constant risk of cards and critical defensive errors. Had the whole saga with the fans booing him and then throwing the armband.

The way he's treated that dog bothering LB is also dodgy.

Then surely the criticism ought to be that he should have binned off one more twat; not that PEA is hard-done by.

Then surely the criticism ought to be that he should have binned off one more twat; not that PEA is hard-done by.
Other may have made that point, I wasn't. I'm saying he's keeping one twat but getting rid of the other. Inconsistent, and somewhat arbitrary decision making.

I'm not sure anybody would describe having to swap Woolwich for Barcelona as being hard-done by as such...

Well he certainly came up smelling the proverbial roses.

Just the latest player to have Woolwich wrapped around their little finger..... (As does Zhaka if you think about it.)

...They literally paid him to go there! :dembelelol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom