Crystal Palace Vs Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Holloway. but these comments make him look ridiculous.

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway says some referees favour certain clubs, following his side's 1-0 defeat by Tottenham at Selhurst Park.

Referee Mark Clattenburg gave a penalty after Aaron Lennon's cross hit Dean Moxey's outstretched arm - but Holloway thought an earlier foul was missed.

Spot on
Tottenham did not win a penalty in the whole of the 2012-13 season

"It's going to be a long, hard season for me with these people [referees]," said Holloway.

"I had this with Blackpool. Certain clubs get fouls and others don't."

Holloway's Blackpool were relegated on the final day of the 2010-11 season, with the Bristol-born manager joining Palace in November 2012 and leading them to promotion via the Championship play-offs in May.

His Palace team were denied a point in their first Premier League match since 2005 by Spurs' debutant Roberto Soldado's second-half penalty.

But Holloway believes Tottenham's Nacer Chadli fouled Stephen Dobbie in the build-up.

The 50-year-old said: "I've got to learn what a foul is because I thought Chadli deliberately body-checked Dobbie, smashed him down, and ran off with the ball.

"If the referee didn't see that, the assistant should have. You have to ask if he's good enough if he didn't see that. I don't see how he can miss it.

"A minute and a half later, we're arguing over whether it was deliberate handball."

Holloway was also unhappy with decision to award the penalty.

He's a Sol man
For Valencia and Spurs, Roberto Soldado has now scored 11 goals in his last nine league appearances

"I don't understand how it was a penalty, or how Moxey could have got out of the way of it," added the former Leicester, QPR and Bristol Rovers boss.

"Do I think I would have got that at Tottenham? No I don't.

"Tottenham will feel decisions like that if they play Man United.

"I just want a bit of fairness. I want a foul like anyone else would have got one. I've got a horrible taste in my mouth after that."

Maybe don't try to block a cross with your arm flailing out. Oh and there was a clear foul in the box before that anyway

Was surprised that Paulhino was MOTM, but watched the game on a teeny weeny screen and difficult to work out who did what at times. Still getting my head round all our new signings, but what I did get was that Rose and Walker had good games (poor Benny, not even a place on the bench); Hugo's double save was incredible, considering he didn't have much else to do, concentration levels superb; we have a player who can take a penalty; considering there were five new players on the pitch we showed quite a good team spirit; this time last year, we would have probably folded and conceded one or even 2 goals in injury time!

Gareth who?
Spot on comments.

It was hard to tell who's who in that midfield because they're all freakin' monsters! Chadli, Dembele, Paulinho, Caboue, and Sandro to come! We'd kick ass in any midfield street-fight, I'm telling you! And then there' Aaron and Siggi...well someone's got to hold everyone's jackets...

Defoe himself actually re-tweeted this... :soldadowtf:

Can see problems arising over the season as Defoe realises he's clearly 2nd choice. Soldado put one on a plate for Siggy 2nd half and Lennon should've cut back for Chadli 1st half, then there was Chadlis header right on the stroke of halftime. Our 3 best chances of the game along with Defoes miss. Defoes not gonna like warming the bench especially in a WC year which is the last one he could feasibly have a chance of going too. That bein said he's got no chance with England with Sturridge and Welbeck gettin better and better.

Good game, great atmosphere!
Nothing cheesy about our fans and the support we have and give our beloved CPFC. I'm sure you won't go to too many other away games and get that atmosphere... It's like that at every game...believe me!

Looking forward to, hopefully, signing 3 or 4 more players before the window closes (we need them). Maybe we'll give you a harder game when we visit WHL.

Congrats on your first win/first game of the season.

COYP!

Good game, great atmosphere!
Nothing cheesy about our fans and the support we have and give our beloved CPFC. I'm sure you won't go to too many other away games and get that atmosphere... It's like that at every game...believe me!

Looking forward to, hopefully, signing 3 or 4 more players before the window closes (we need them). Maybe we'll give you a harder game when we visit WHL.

Congrats on your first win/first game of the season.

COYP!

doubt it tbh we'll be in full swing then with all our new players bedded in and the Bale saga fully behind us

you lot will probably get tonked

Last edited:
I hope you're joking about bale as a CAM... he's wasted in the middle...
qmQfECL.gif

You know what I liked about Chadli today?

Do you?

I liked that he took chances when they were there to take.

Now hopefully he'll come through with some of those chances soon, otherwise I'll be cursing him by December for always shooting and not looking for anyone else.....that's football.

Happy with the 3 points even though we had a bit of grind and wee touch of diarrhea towards the end.

Defoe himself actually re-tweeted this... :soldadowtf:

Soldado had the most key passes on the team today. He was huge for us. His movement and passing is absolutely fantastic. Its not his fault that he got taken out as Palace finally started opening up play trying to snag an equalizer. I have no doubt Soldado would've gotten his second had he stayed on during the end.

congratulations Spuds...for what its worth, I thought you looked quality all over the pitch and will do very very well this season,good luck...need to sing up a bit more though:)

congratulations Spuds...for what its worth, I thought you looked quality all over the pitch and will do very very well this season,good luck...need to sing up a bit more though:)

Although Palace fans were loud and sang right til the end, I cannot make out what you are singing. Its like you lot support a foreign team or from up North.

Back
Top Bottom