Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is so risky for CBs to be tackling. Its mainly a midfielders job. If the stats are filtered so that only players who have played at least 10 matches are included, top 10 for tackling this season are all midfielders and a few fullbacks.

Can you not just post a link to the stats you're referencing...... ?

Your original contention about the above flattering PEH cos he's played more minutes doesn't make sense unless there's a conflict in data between your numbers and those above.

As per above PEH - per 90 - IS up there with the best MFs in the league.... You're arguing he's 61st!

Can you not just post a link to the stats you're referencing...... ?

Your original contention about the above flattering PEH cos he's played more minutes doesn't make sense unless there's a conflict in data between your numbers and those above.

As per above PEH - per 90 - IS up there with the best MFs in the league.... You're arguing he's 61st!
Hes actually 133rd, but among players who have played at least 19 matches or more(half the matches), in those he is 61st.

Its all plain raw untouched data, so Click detailed and then adjust your filters.

Hes actually 133rd, but among players who have played at least 19 matches or more(half the matches), in those he is 61st.

Its all plain raw untouched data, so Click detailed and then adjust your filters.

A suspected.... Per 90 isn't where the conflict arises. You said PEH just looks good cos he's played so many games.

Data criteria clash is the issue:

Whoscored: "Total Tackles" = 77 in 3019 minutes = 2.2 per 90min.
EPL: "Possesion Won" = 274 in 3019 minutes = 8.168 per 90min.

A suspected.... Per 90 isn't where the conflict arises. You said PEH just looks good cos he's played so many games.

Data criteria clash is the issue:

Whoscored: "Total Tackles" = 77 in 3019 minutes = 2.2 per 90min.
EPL: "Possesion Won" = 274 in 3019 minutes = 8.168 per 90min.
Dont knwo where you found that, so where does in rank in per 90 minutes on wherever that is.

Don't really understand the obsession with deciding who is first XI and who isn't. Surely the idea when competing on multiple fronts is to build a squad that has 4 or 5 CMs with different skills for different needs? Between PEH, Skipp, Bentancur, a creative midfielder and maybe one other you should be able to cover 2 and 3 men central midfields vs all types of opponents covering 50-60 games over the course of a season.
Spot on, it’s pointless. We’ve almost always got 3 missing/unavailable, if not more

In the very tweet above that was sent out by the EPL..... The one you initially poo-pood to spark this exchange.
Initial tweet doesnt rank on how many per 90. Where does he rank in that? For per 90 hes out of the top 50 for tackles or interceptions...havent checked heading, but there arent that many headers to be won in midfield. So per 90, he wont be very high. Hed be high in totals, as hes played many many minutes. Even Winks has a better interceptions rate than him and we all know what winks is like.

Unless of course I have missed out other ways of winning possession individually than tackles, interceptions and headers.

Last edited:
Initial tweet doesnt rank on how many per 90. Where does he rank in that? For per 90 hes out of the top 50 for tackles or interceptions...havent checked heading, but there arent that many headers to be won in midfield. So per 90, he wont be very high. Hed be high in totals, as hes played many many minutes. Even Winks has a better interceptions rate than him and we all know what winks is like.

Unless of course I have missed out other ways of winning possession individually than tackles, interceptions and headers.

As already establlished, the info you provided to contradict me, KaneIsAble and the OG tweet only accounts for tackles made.

As for you circling back to "per 90"-based contradiction.... It was subsequently calculated by both myself and the other fella. I have no idea whilst you're still stuck on that matter.

Perhaps read back and fully absorb what you're responding to.

As already establlished, the info you provided to contradict me, KaneIsAble and the OG tweet only accounts for tackles made.

As for you circling back to "per 90"-based contradiction.... It was subsequently calculated by both myself and the other fella. I have no idea whilst you're still stuck on that matter.

Perhaps read back and fully absorb what you're responding to.

iz futbal iz futbal - blow kisses all you like but you clearly aren't paying proper attention here.

:harryhmm:

Or you could just be stubborn and wrong. :harrysmile:
Or you still havent understood what you were doing. Silly boy.

You were comparing the per 90 of hojberg to a handful of players in that tweet. In reality, there are 50 other players who win the ball more frequently than the ones on that list but they just havent played as many games so they are not on the list. You follow now?

Or you still havent understood what you were doing. Silly boy.

You were comparing the per 90 of hojberg to a handful of players in that tweet. In reality, there are 50 other players who win the ball more frequently than the ones on that list but they just havent played as many games so they are not on the list. You follow now?

Yet you've yet to substantiate this with a direct comparison... And keep circling back to some waffle about it not being "per 90" even though the per 90 based on the PEL tweet has been provided for you.

Whatever.... I'm bored.... Clearly means way too much to you that PEH is not seen in a good light.

Yet you've yet to substantiate this with a direct comparison... And keep circling back to some waffle about it not being "per 90" even though the per 90 based on the PEL tweet has been provided for you.

Whatever.... I'm bored.... Clearly means way too much to you that PEH is not seen in a good light.
He can be seen in an average squad player light. I dont mind it.

Up to me to give him props for his part in the first goal then?

.....So be it.

Good lad PEH.... Good season from him; particularly the 2nd half.

Yep if we can get someone in who's a step up on those three, that's an amazing supporting cast to choose from.
I'm not sure centre mid is a position Conte will look to strengthen this summer. He seems happy with PEH, Bentancur and Skipp and we will have Sarr joining this summer. Conte will want to invest heavily in other areas.

Back
Top Bottom