Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep if we can get someone in who's a step up on those three, that's an amazing supporting cast to choose from.
I like the sound of Weston McKennie. Good all rounder who can play in different positions. I don't fancy John McGinn - at least not at the inflated price he's likely to go for.

We definitely need to get someone who can compete for a place in our midfield. Winks just isn't good enough.

we need a player in the 2CM positions who can defend but MUST be able to see a pass, a hybred of Eriksen & PEH would suit that for me, but what would that cost ?

I'm not sure centre mid is a position Conte will look to strengthen this summer. He seems happy with PEH, Bentancur and Skipp and we will have Sarr joining this summer. Conte will want to invest heavily in other areas.
100% we will bring in a CM

We lost Skipp for half the season and were very very luck PEH and Bentancur managed to stay fit.

Conte won't want to be in this situation again.

Winks is gone and Sarr is an unknown entity who will likely be loaned out. Conte will want another CM on par/a level above Bentancur.

I'm not sure centre mid is a position Conte will look to strengthen this summer. He seems happy with PEH, Bentancur and Skipp and we will have Sarr joining this summer. Conte will want to invest heavily in other areas.
Sarr won’t be joining this summer

Seems to play slightly further forward for Denmark - and always seems to play well for them.

Although some Spurs fans don't seem to value him that much, fact is that he misses very few matches through injury - he played some 60 consecutive matches for us after signing - and although played as a DM he scored 3 goals and got 4 assists last season, which are are a welcome bonus from a DM.

I think Conte will benefit from having a choice of Bentancur, Skipp, Hojbjerg and hopefully another CM/DM next season with the number of matches we may have. I think all will get game time

I've never had an issue with him as a squad player. Solid, good pro, never injured you need guys like him. We just need another option so he's not playing every minute of every game. Same with Bentancur, we need Skipp and 1 other in there to help lighten the load.

It's a squad game, especially with 5 subs next year.

And people wanted to get rid of Hojbjerg. Every player has his ups and downs, but he's a decent player. While not a world-beater, he's more than good enough to be a Tottenham player, in fact, I can argue that even Klopp would play him a lot for Liverpool.

And people wanted to get rid of Hojbjerg. Every player has his ups and downs, but he's a decent player. While not a world-beater, he's more than good enough to be a Tottenham player, in fact, I can argue that even Klopp would play him a lot for Liverpool.
with bentancur or someone who can play the ball under pressure, he is very useful for the balance of the team.
if he has to play the ball under pressure... god save the queen

Højberg, like Bergwijn, and Rodon to an extent, seems to get a lot more appreciation from (and quality performances for) his National team, than at his club!

Back
Top Bottom