Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was fairly tracking back and covering yesterday
Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

typo right?

Toney won't play backup. He could literally be a starter for every team outside the top 4, and for Chelsea too tbh.

5 subs allowed next season and we will need to rotate more often to keep players fit. I can certainly see Son and Kulu only playing 1 hour per game if we have ample backups.

Tooney would allow us to take off Son and Kulu; switch to a 3-5-2 and put a creative midfielder on (e.g. Eriksen) who can pick out strikers.

This season (and the many before it) have shown that we do not have a 'Plan B' when Kane is fouled out of the game and Son can't find space behind defenders.

For teams that park the bus, this could do some damage!

Romero - Dier - Davies
Royal - PEH - Bentancaur - Peresic
Eriksen
Tooney - Kane​

Madrid fans are the worst in football. Bunch of ultra entitled children. They booed Ronaldo more than once because of poor form.

Did Bale taunt them a bit and give a bit back after he felt marginalised & disrespected by the club? Yep. Did Madrid deserve everything they got? Also yep.

Horrible football club. Ultra successful for sure, but horrible. Players don’t owe respect to their clubs if they haven’t been respected.
I did point out, without going into details, what a "crazy" club Real Madrid is. And I don't like the club either. They're arrogant and feel entitled and use intimidation (something Fergie was very good at also) and/or threats to get what they want. And then you have their president, Florentino Pérez, who I won't get into most of you know about him (or can simply google him).
But Real Madrid has a winning mentality few clubs have and when they feel a player or head-coach no longer serves their purpose and are no longer ready to deal with the pressure, that's it - or rather out. It happened to 2 of their best-ever players recently: Ronaldo and Ramos. Vincente del Bosque was fired back in 2003 as head coach even after winning La Liga that season, but only getting Real M. to the CL semis; after having won the CL in 2000 & 2002.
Any player who joins Real Madrid knows this.
And they are doing things right as well. Players like Kroos, Casemiro and Luka Modric have spent 8,9 and 10 years at the club respectively. Modric just extended with them for another year (and wants to remain at the club in a coaching job later on). From what I know they've never complained about being mistreated.
But my point was that there are at least 2 sides to this Bale case and that Bale also has contributed to his predicament and there must have been things going on behind the scene that neither you nor I know about.

Last edited:
next season we will be play twice a week (most weeks) being in CL and wanting to push for the league there are lots of important games, add to this the 5 subs rule Conte & his coaches need to rotate the players (either by using subs or alternating games) so any one that signs for us should know they will get a good amount of playing/resting time
I hope Conte & the coaches have worked out/understand how to use the 5 subs (its a major change, and clever managers will use it well)

I only watched one forest game and Spence played a great pass but also looked super lazy defensively… he was just like slowly jogging behind the play or out of position defensively many times.

So I definitely saw that as a red flag.

I only watched one forest game and Spence played a great pass but also looked super lazy defensively… he was just like slowly jogging behind the play or out of position defensively many times.

So I definitely saw that as a red flag.
you may have said the same about Kulu after his firstgame for us, running in treakle was used a lot. If you watched the CL final you would have said the same about TAA who lost them the goal. but hes not a bad player. Bit soon to raise a red flag about the player voted the best RB in the league.

There are lots of rumors about Spurs being after Kostic. I rather prefer Angeliño, Cucurealla or Raum but the 2 first mentioned would be very expensive and Raum won't come cheap either; so I would be fine with Kostic as starting LWB and Sessegnon as his understudy and "apprentice". But that would mean playing Perisic as a RWB.

Perisic and Kulu on the right with Kane and Son waiting for the cross/cut back is going to be the stuff of dreams..

A lot of the "park the bus" teams will be annihiliated next season

you may have said the same about Kulu after his firstgame for us, running in treakle was used a lot. If you watched the CL final you would have said the same about TAA who lost them the goal. but hes not a bad player. Bit soon to raise a red flag about the player voted the best RB in the league.
fair point, but at the same time, it was a championship play off not the champions league final. Even a nervy, subpar game should be decent if he's to play for a top flight side looking to win something big.

Also, the game added a lot of weight attitude issues Boro fans were banging on about. After Ndombele, it's something we are understandably nervous about.

Getting Modric back to Spurs was discussed on here but he's staying. Marcelo will be available but not my choice.

Modric doesn't get enough credit sometimes. Absolutely sensational career and yet I think after he retires a lot are going to forget about him in comparison to flashier players.

Back
Top Bottom