ENIC/Levy In/Out 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In or Out?

• In

Votes: 89 80.9%
  • Out

Votes: 21 19.1%

• Total voters
Imagine getting angry at something that hasn't happened yet in the future
6ikmg3.jpg

Woolwich demise coincides with slimy David Dien leaving .

Who would have thought the the guy running the club day to day could make such a difference

OH I think I have already established that

Statistics

Redknapp panic hire , need someone to keep us up
Jol took over cos his plan was a disaster and Santini walked saying he had been sold a pack of lies
Conte looking to be a great hire , but off the back of the Nuno 8th in line embarrassing shambles
Poch a well researched , right man at the right time hire

Levy blindly stumbled into two hires, felt pressured into Conte as the crowd turned on him , those who deny Levy / ENIC out chants are in denial

Saying Man Utd and woolwich only had i great hire is ridiculous, they both stayed over 20 years

if we accept Levy had 4 great hires by his brilliant strategy 😃, his strategy is terrible in not
keeping them.

The post I replied to said in 20 years.....

I think he was good , but not part of Levy’s plan at the time , he stumbled on it when Santini called him out for being a liar ,
Fact is Santini turned out to be useless , so if Levy had his way we had useless Santini in charge , not BMJ

This is drivel..... You're implying someone else sacked him and Levy wanted to keep him.

My main issue with Levy/Enic through the years is twofold:

1)He is a money man. In his world everything grows out of financial prosperity. A symptom of this is that as long as we balance the books and make a return for ENIC then he will never suffer like the fans. He can justify charging the higher rates for little footballing return. Missing out on Chapions League before and barely making it this time has perhaps woken him up.

2) Levy has had the belief that he knows about footballers like they are commodity assets. This has often caused him to make footballing decisions above the head of various managers. He needs to trust footballing people who aren't necessarily money people.

In football ownership we have to take the long view. If they learn the above lessons (which it looks like they may have thanks to Conte) then all is forgiven.

1)He is a money man. In his world everything grows out of financial prosperity. A symptom of this is that as long as we balance the books and make a return for ENIC then he will never suffer like the fans. He can justify charging the higher rates for little footballing return.

Accepting point #1 on face value; I'm not sure how/why the highlighted part is assumed and ties in....?

......He's a money-man therefore the fans will pony up no matter how shit things get?

....And despite the juice you're putting in, that's the extent of your sentiment here is it?

Thrilling stuff. 🙄

p.s. No-one's asked you to be proud of Levy anyway.
Nobody has asked you to defend him , you choose to do so like a Spartan defending Greece , I will not tell you to stop , I expect the same
I think he is a vastly overrated chairman , you think he is not .

This is drivel..... You're implying someone else sacked him and Levy wanted to keep him.
No I’m not, he walked out on Levy because he said he was lied to , far from the only person to accuse Levy of not being a straight shooter . He wasn’t sacked he told your beloved to do one
That forced Levy to promote Jol
Turned out to be a blessing in disguise , but it was not a well thought out CEO strategy, he fluked it . Then proceeded to sack Jol in the most classless way one can imagine

Last edited:
Nobody has asked you to defend him , you choose to do so like a Spartan defending Greece ,

....You're being a dick.

There was no defense on my part. I just bigged up Jol and in you swarmed humping my leg rather than challenge the post/poster that was actually making the point about our manager hirings.

I will not tell you to stop ,
I expect the same

Oh shhhhh.... This guff has nothing to do with anything.

You're just acting like a scorned child.... And have continued with such silliness over in the trf tread too.

I think he is a vastly overrated chairman , you think he is not .

Stick with what you think rather than projecting my thoughts.... Thanks.

My main issue with Levy/Enic through the years is twofold:

1)He is a money man. In his world everything grows out of financial prosperity. A symptom of this is that as long as we balance the books and make a return for ENIC then he will never suffer like the fans. He can justify charging the higher rates for little footballing return. Missing out on Chapions League before and barely making it this time has perhaps woken him up.

2) Levy has had the belief that he knows about footballers like they are commodity assets. This has often caused him to make footballing decisions above the head of various managers. He needs to trust footballing people who aren't necessarily money people.

In football ownership we have to take the long view. If they learn the above lessons (which it looks like they may have thanks to Conte) then all is forgiven.
1) Enic have taken zero £ out of the club so your view of "return for Enic" is misplaced.

2) There is no evidence of this, quite the contrary in fact;
Van Der Vaart transfer
Poch not wanting a DoF
Coutinho transfer
For example.

How many good managers have Liverpool had in the last 20 years 1, 2?
How many have Man United had? 1
How many have Woolwich had? 1
How many have have Everton or West Ham or Leicester ?

I won't include Chelsea or Man City for obvious doping reasons.

How many have we had? 3 Redknapp, Poch, Conte

I'd say on the time frame Levy has done alright. Sure we've had duds, who hasn't?
How many ones were rubbish for us?

Hoddle
Santini
Ramos
AVB
Sherwood
Mourinho
Mason
Nuno

Christ on a bike, he'd have done better with sticking a pin in the Managers Year Book.

Are you sure he's done alright? Really?

Back
Top Bottom