ENIC/Levy In/Out 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In or Out?

• In

Votes: 89 80.9%
  • Out

Votes: 21 19.1%

• Total voters
So who fucked up over this Summer?
If you're going to blame Levy for appointing Nuno then fair enough, he's the boss.

By the same token you must also give him credit for appointing Conte.

Unless, of course, you're one of those that thinks that everything wrong is down to Levy and everything good is just luck

If you're going to blame Levy for appointing Nuno then fair enough, he's the boss.

Unless, of course, you're one of those that thinks that everything wrong is down to Levy and everything good is just luck
Credit where it’s due on Conte , massive credit for getting him , especially if he does 3 years or more with us. Levy knew exactly what he was getting when he hired Conte . So if we can say as Levy sceptics hats off for hiring him , well done Daniel. Will you lot say Levy why did you hire him if you were not going to support him ,to keep him if he walks in next18 months

How many ones were rubbish for us?

Hoddle
Santini
Ramos
AVB
Sherwood
Mourinho
Mason
Nuno

Christ on a bike, he'd have done better with sticking a pin in the Managers Year Book.

Are you sure he's done alright? Really?

And yet funnily enough throughout the ENIC tenure we've improved as a club on and off the pitch.

Always have.

Always said that Harry, Poch and Conte were good appointments. Always. Jol decent too.

I've always given credit where I think it's due.

The Training Ground is superb and we have developed some great talent, way more than the likes of Poch ever made use of. That's Levy 100%.

The Stadium is superb, best footie stadium in the world probably. That's Levy 100%.

And yet funnily enough throughout the ENIC tenure we've improved as a club on and off the pitch.
So? I'd expect that.

Imagine how great some of those crap seasons in the noughties could have been with decent apointments.

AVB? You think we got him because of his great record at Chavs or because his contract was paid in full by Abramovich and we got him for free?

The price of everything and the value of nothing.

Hoddle
Santini
Ramos
AVB
Sherwood
Mourinho
Mason
Nuno

Christ on a bike, he'd have done better with sticking a pin in the Managers Year Book.

Mourinho got us to a cup final?

As for Hoddle - he's a legend irrespective, above criticism.

So? I'd expect that.

Imagine how great some of those crap seasons in the noughties could have been with decent apointments.

AVB? You think we got him because of his great record at Chavs or because his contract was paid in full by Abramovich and we got him for free?

The price of everything and the value of nothing.

So if you expect it he's satisfied your requirements as a chairman then, great :thumbup:

The Training Ground is superb and we have developed some great talent, way more than the likes of Poch ever made use of. That's Levy 100%.

The Stadium is superb, best footie stadium in the world probably. That's Levy 100%.

See, this is what the immature, binary-minds in our midst can't appreciate and instead end up resulting going down the path of using wankerish terms like "The Levy Lovers", "your beloved Levy". & "your hero"

Both are an upshot of Levy's initiatives, but I think it's also important to apportion credit where it's due to those beneath him....

Academy: McDermot and (yikes) Sherwood.
Stadium: CL money that Poch & co. played a big part in generating.

The "everything filters back to Levy" therefor he's either villain or hero shtick is a load of bollocks.... Much like the inherent need to blame someone for everything that is not to one's liking.

[Yet another Levy/ENIC thread I'll be putting on ignore from here on in...... ]

Why would you expect us to improve on and off the pitch in that time? Plenty of clubs have gone the opposite direction. For all of Levy's mistakes, it baffles me that people can somehow claim going from regularly bottom half to European regulars (including 6 seasons in the CL), best stadium in the world, world class training facilities, world class manager and a few world class players is not a job well done. Of course the trophy situation is less than ideal but 4 finals lost and countless semi-finals implies the infrastructure is there to win trophies.

Ok so his wife gave him an ultimatum, let’s say Santini not Levy is a liar , although one has a rep and the other does not
He went on to be useless, so a shit hire buy our CEO is the best possible spin you can put on the debacle

He was with us for about 10 games.

If you knew your history, you'd know that his wife got upset because Levy had promised an amazing house for them but when they arrived by all accounts it was an apartment that was a bit of a dump.

Are you telling me if you started a new job and relocated, if your wife was unhappy and gave you an ultimatum you wouldn't leave?

Hoddle
Santini
Ramos
AVB
Sherwood
Mourinho
Mason
Nuno

Hoddle .... Agree, but who didnt want Hoddle at the time, every single Spurs fan wanted him. But of course he failed and he would argue because he wasn't backed, but do you really think Michael Rickets was a missed opportunity? Fail
Santini .... Not enough games but no it didn't work out. Fail
Ramos.... won is a trophy, but he then went through a bitter break up with his wife after the final. Sure it turned to shit, but he won us a trophy, in my mind that's a Success.
AVB ..... I couldn't stand the guy, but a lot wanted him. First season was decent. Second season put me off watching us, I hated it and him. Fail
Sherwood ... Whatever you think about the guy, he turned a shitshow into a decent end to the season. Success.
Mourinho .... Were the only club he didn't win a trophy at. I would argue Jose the man failed because he's a twat.
Mason .... wtf did he fail? No, was he a success, he didn't need to be.
Nuno ..... Some of you lot wanted him, yes you did. Obvious FAIL

Including Mason and Sherwood in that list as well is pretty disingenuous, they were hardly hires, more like plasters to fix a leaking tap.

Credit where it’s due on Conte , massive credit for getting him , especially if he does 3 years or more with us. Levy knew exactly what he was getting when he hired Conte . So if we can say as Levy sceptics hats off for hiring him , well done Daniel. Will you lot say Levy why did you hire him if you were not going to support him ,to keep him if he walks in next18 months

Define "support"

Is it £100m, £150m, £1bn ?
Or is it 3 first team players in with 3 prospects.

Maybe it's 6 first team players?

Why say if he "walks in next 18 months" when his contract is up in 12 months.

Maybe PSG will offer him a gazillion ponds a week, is that on Levy if he leaves ?

He was with us for about 10 games.

If you knew your history, you'd know that his wife got upset because Levy had promised an amazing house for them but when they arrived by all accounts it was an apartment that was a bit of a dump.

Are you telling me if you started a new job and relocated, if your wife was unhappy and gave you an ultimatum you wouldn't leave?
of course I would , so we have established Levy can’t be trusted

Santini is one of a number of people that have said Levy can’t lay straight in bed

Back
Top Bottom