Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course. But what I'm saying is that as a striker, 19 non pen goals in 50 PL apps is a good output regardless of team. So does that make DCL an elite striker that can walk into most teams because he scored 19 non pen goals for a shit team like Everton?

People are making it seem like Richarlison scoring 6 and 7 non pen goals over the last 2 seasons is some great achievement bc he's playing for Everton when in fact, it's just meh.

No because scoring goals isn't everything. The club are (hopefully) viewing Richarlison as a whole package. Someone who can dribble, presses well, can physically compete, is a threat on the break, can assist teammates & scores goals. His competitive nature fits well with what Conte likes.

DCL might have more goals but Richarlison is the one who stands out on that team as being too good a footballer for them.

No because scoring goals isn't everything. The club are (hopefully) viewing Richarlison as a whole package. Someone who can dribble, presses well, can physically compete, is a threat on the break, can assist teammates & scores goals. His competitive nature fits well with what Conte likes.
I get all that but is he worth 60 million? That's 40% of our transfer budget over the next 18-24 months isn't it?

I think you are talking bollocks he is not good enough and doesn’t score enough goals £51m wasted on on shit .

When you get a co-sign from Matt1882, best just call it a day big man

No Way Reaction GIF

Wait Tottenham 1882, Matt 1882...I know what's going on here! :sonpoint:

Calvert Lewin had one freak season which he will never replicate. He's a unit who is brilliant in the air and they crossed a lot for him, and for a few months everything he hit went in. Shit teams can often have flash in the pan big strikers (see: Chris wood) but they lack the nous at better teams.

Richarlison is a good footballer playing in a crap team.

Unfortunately, Spurs aren't big time enough to be linked with elite players like Jiminez.

......His 6 goals as Wolves's main man cannot be fucked with. 🤡

I get all that but is he worth 60 million? That's 40% of our transfer budget over the next 18-24 months isn't it?

Got no idea what our transfer budget is. Don't think anybody really does.

But if we sell Bergwijn for 25 and then sign Richarlison for 60, then we've massively upgraded our attacking options for 35m net. I had my own doubts about the fee but we all wanted Conte backed and have to assume this is part of it.

I'm already excited about seeing Richarlison's stupid pigeon celebration at the lane and a funny announcement video featuring Romero.

As this is the most popular thread on the board at the moment, can I please ask you guys to read my off topic thread on GCSE grades for critically ill candidates? You'll see why when you read it.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom