Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inter getting in players - free transfer Dybala on high wages and a DM who is probably in the 10m - 20m bracket.

I still think Inter need to see 2 or more big name players to hit their targets of generating enough cash from transfers (less payments for incoming players) to part relay debt and reduce total wage bill But Inter seem to be doing so many ins and outs its difficult to know which players will be leaving them.

Jota isn't a player that the majority of fans despise either. He's done what is needed of him very well and never causes any controversy.
I'd actually rather over pay for a player who isn't a shit stain. I get the hump when any of our players dive but most of them don't tend to pretend they are in agony 100% of the time. Son does need to stay on his fee more tbh. Don't really want anymore of that in my team.
This makes me laugh. The 'majority ' of fans despise any player that don't play for them Matt is really projecting his dislike of Richarlison on to whetherthis is a good or bad deal. Lots of fans hate Kane. It has zero bearing on what coaches think of him. I'm indifferent to the Everton striker but I don't care what we pay thats bookkeeping FC's problem and Levy's problem. Looking at the length he has remaining on his deal, Everton's situation and the players clear intrest in the move if Conte wants him it will happen. As most hated Kulu on first sight I'm happy to go with whatever Conte decides.

I think all you are saying is that its only in England where clubs don't develop enough HG players (hence we have issues with price/availability), whereas in rest of europe they develop more of their own players (as HG in their own countries) so don't run into the problems of price/availability.

Ironically, Matt1882 also believes we should shut the academy. :pritchardeyes:

Look at the end of the day there are players we all rate and don’t rate.

Me I don’t particularly rate Gabriel or Tielemans at least as far as being elite players, neither of them from watching them quite a bit are good off the ball and that is fundamental in a Conte team.

However if they have certain raw properties that the scouts, Conte and Paratici see I don’t (and they know vastly more than me) and we spend £40m and £50m getting them here then fine.

Equally I would much rather Bissouma than Mckinnie, Bissouma has always impressed me more, yet if we get Mckennie because it is felt he has tools we need then fine.

Of the targets we are linked with I would love Bissouma, Richarlison, Bastoni, Bremer and Eriksen but if Conte wants others he is elite like Klopp or Pep so I am fine with it. I am just happy we are trying to get top draw players for an elite manager.

Hey Tommy, mate

god i wont sleep tonight now

maybe inter have changed their mind or psg wont go or skrinier

Come here

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, in another football "universe" (over at the transfer forum at SC). This guy appear to have some mental issues/disorders, like control issues, and must be suffering from dictator syndromes :cool:
I really can't understand how so many still suck up to him - all he does is threaten to ban people and/or ban them and crack what he thinks are funny jokes, yet I never found any of them even slightly funny.

dk-yid dk-yid

Aegina Expat

Admin

Hot on the heels of each other today we've had to delete a number of posts containing links that aren't for this thread, posts that should be in the players threads or the outright bullshittery "mods please delete if not allowed" (you know full fucking well it's not)

The rules aren't that hard to follow and you all know this thread and part of the site is moderated differently. We're trying to be relaxed over it these days but bloody hell, there are limits, so don't rip the piss out of it.

So this either stops or there'll be a return to what I call 'The good old days' when the banstick gave free love.

Thank you

Last edited:
This is hilarious

Especially as this "information" basically morphed this place into SC for a few hours
The tea lady's side piece phoned her for a hook up, so she told her husband she was being called in to the lodge because a new player was staying over. Aunt Flo showed up in the afternoon though, and the whole thing got called off. We'll see this story again next week.

:contethumb:

One could just as easily praise Winks for his attitude and work ethic.

The diff there is their fans are actually sad to see him leaving.........

Many here actively want rid of Winks and spent the last 3 years calling him a wanker, cunt, rat etc.

Last edited:
Well what are we going to say to him, even though you took us from midtable to champions league qualification you can't have Richardlson because of mistakes you made in the past. That wouldn't go down to well. Richardlson is the one he wants, yep he's expensive but we can afford it and if he makes us better then it's definitely worth it.
When I hear it from Tony I will believe it. Until that happens I don’t believe Richarlison is his first choice forward target. Not even top ten

The diff there is their fans are actually sad to see hm leaving.........

Many here actively want rid of Winks and spent the last 3 years calling him a wanker, cunt, rat etc.
Well that gets back to how certain players “shitness” gets overdone. It’s not that’s long ago Dier was among those players. Winks is a decent player but he isn’t going to win us the league. He isn’t shit either. Just not at the level we strive for. Rodon can’t get on the pitch with us and yet he plays very well for Wales. As fans we get our ideas and prejudices in terms of players and we aren’t always right.

The diff there is their fans are actually sad to see hm leaving.........

Last sentence is sad. I don’t think Townsend, Carrol, Mason or Winks are at our level but they are fans living the dream playing for the club. It isn’t their fault they ain’t good enough or the club at periods didn’t buy the quality forcing us to use them.

Did think about starting a thread at some point giving respect to those who played for us but weren’t at our level. We demand loyalty from Kane and Skipp yet want Winks taken out with the trash. Doesn’t sit right with me.

If they have to leave to play then fine but Wanksy and all that shit. I mean how would any of us as fans who got the dream to play for our club feel having your own fans rip you to pieces particularly given you might be playing because the club incompetently didn’t strengthen your position.

Back
Top Bottom