Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

think we are going for raphinha instead

didnt rich say he wont make decision till he is back from holiday too

Yeah I have a feeling this ship has sailed or it is on the back burner.

I think Raphinha is a better player and is a bit under rated on here. He is a good passer of the ball and can be quite the playmaker from out wide. I know that isn't really how Conte like our attackers to play but he is also a powerful dribbler and has a good shot on him. Plus he is a good set piece taker too. I think he ticks a lot of boxes.

Richarlison is an actual striker and can play both Winger and striker. Raphina only makes sense if we are directly replacing Berg or Lucas, it still leaves a striker to get and the problem with getting a striker is they have to wait for Kane to get injured. The beauty of Richarlison is he can play Son or Kulu’s role then cover Kane which gives him more opportunity so he is not stuck on the bench.

Obviously I would love Lucas and Berg to go and Richarlison and Raphina to come in but Richarlison makes more sense if it’s only one.
raphinha is a rw primarily and we only have deki there

this deal makes alot of sense if we get rid of lucas

Richarlison is an actual striker and can play both Winger and striker. Raphina only makes sense if we are directly replacing Berg or Lucas, it still leaves a striker to get and the problem with getting a striker is they have to wait for Kane to get injured. The beauty of Richarlison is he can play Son or Kulu’s role then cover Kane which gives him more opportunity so he is not stuck on the bench.

Obviously I would love Lucas and Berg to go and Richarlison and Raphina to come in but Richarlison makes more sense if it’s only one.

Both Raphinha and Richarlison? Are we trying to win the competition for most attempts at Row Z?

They both score around 1 every 3 games. That's a vast improvement over Bergwjin and Moura. Probably both combined wouldn't score 1 in 3.

They also score and play well in mostly shit teams, they do more than score goals as well, both fight, press and work hard.

They also score and play well in mostly shit teams, they do more than score goals as well, both fight, press and work hard.

They also shoot too often, which was my point. Neither one is known for their assists. For Richarlison, it makes some sense, as he's often a lone striker, but when he's playing in a two striker system, the other striker gets relatively no service from him. Raphinha, for me, should be getting plenty of assists, considering the type of player he is, but he gets very few, and even a large portion of those come on set plays. If you had a front three of Kane, Raphinha and Richarlison, Kane would never touch the ball. Picking up Richarlison makes sense, because he can play out wide and cover for Kane, and that makes up for some of his wastefulness. For me, Raphinha doesn't make sense, especially if you have Richarlison in the side.

raphinha is a rw primarily and we only have deki there

this deal makes alot of sense if we get rid of lucas
But deki is young and a new signing and both are RW. Raphina costs 50-60m and I just don’t see us paying that much for a player that wouldn’t start now or probably in the future. For a rotation option, you’d hope we’d have someone that can play multiple positions. Sticking with Lucas at RW and having Richarlison to rotate Son and Kane is preferred to me.

As a player he is a bit of a mixed bag. Dangerous and direct with the ball but he’s not quite the finisher you’d like and he will sometimes make the wrong decisions in the final third. Again, some of that may be down to his team. There were times when you could see him pressing because of how little we created and he would take poor shots when there were better options. Obviously he wouldn’t have that issue at Spurs. The real value of Richie is his work rate and what he can do for you defensively. He’s very responsible that way and I would challenge anyone to find a premier league winger who does more for his club at the other end.
That can be coached by Conte. Also here he'd have Kulusevski, Kane, Son or potentially Eriksen also taking some pressure off him. As per my posts on the thread, I've always loved Richarlison as a player, and I'd be pretty excited if he came to Spurs.

They also shoot too often, which was my point. Neither one is known for their assists. For Richarlison, it makes some sense, as he's often a lone striker, but when he's playing in a two striker system, the other striker gets relatively no service from him. Raphinha, for me, should be getting plenty of assists, considering the type of player he is, but he gets very few, and even a large portion of those come on set plays. If you had a front three of Kane, Raphinha and Richarlison, Kane would never touch the ball. Picking up Richarlison makes sense, because he can play out wide and cover for Kane, and that makes up for some of his wastefulness. For me, Raphinha doesn't make sense, especially if you have Richarlison in the side.
Not sure why you think this.

Raphina's expected assists is four times higher than his actual assists over the past year. His team was not good this season and Bamford played very few games. His stats for progressive passing, shot-creation, key passes and passes into final third are all top 25 percentile. Last season he had 9 assists in the league. In the three games he's played left wing for Leeds he has one goal and three assists.

Richarlison is a better fit imo, but Raphina would be a great signing.

But deki is young and a new signing and both are RW. Raphina costs 50-60m and I just don’t see us paying that much for a player that wouldn’t start now or probably in the future. For a rotation option, you’d hope we’d have someone that can play multiple positions. Sticking with Lucas at RW and having Richarlison to rotate Son and Kane is preferred to me.

5 subs. Probably a bigger bench. Will have to play strong sides weekend/weekday/weekend right up until December.
There will be a lot of rotation and, dare I say it, burn out.
For us to compete in both the Premier and the Champions league, we need 2 starters for every position. Once we were down to just the league last season Conte barely made a change to the starting 11 for about 15 games other than injury/illness. That's because the 2nd choices were simply not good enough even in isolation to keep the train on course for 4th. Dropping Deki for Moura in 1 game was bad IIRC.
We need to move away from the idea anyone will be sat on the bench week after week not playing. 5 subs is half the outfield players that can be rotated in game.

I like this post because every time I’ve watched raphinha (admittedly not much) this has been him …. Just ballooning the ball high and wide with a good accompaniment of wrong decision making

But he’s highly rated … especially on here

I think as the saying goes now… if conte wants him then so be it

But I’d much rather richarlison

I like this post because every time I’ve watched raphinha (admittedly not much) this has been him …. Just ballooning the ball high and wide with a good accompaniment of wrong decision making

He's not a great shooter, but he does assist a fair bit and can carry the ball up the pitch and put the defence under pressure with his 1v1 dribbling, he's also great at pressing.

I completely agree. He did have 9 assists in 2020-21, but several of them were on set pieces. I watch as much Premier League football as I can, and I've probably seen 70% of the matches Leeds have played since they entered the league. He doesn't seem to look for the pass unless there's no chance to shoot. Maybe that's something Conte can change. I see the talent there, but I'm not sure he's the type to become less selfish and become the team player we'd like to see. If anyone can change him, maybe it's Conte, but I think he's an unnecessary risk.

I completely agree. He did have 9 assists in 2020-21, but several of them were on set pieces. I watch as much Premier League football as I can, and I've probably seen 70% of the matches Leeds have played since they entered the league. He doesn't seem to look for the pass unless there's no chance to shoot. Maybe that's something Conte can change. I see the talent there, but I'm not sure he's the type to become less selfish and become the team player we'd like to see. If anyone can change him, maybe it's Conte, but I think he's an unnecessary risk.
Especially at the dough being quoted for him

I really don’t want Richarlison. I don’t think he will be happy as a squad player.

I would much rather we go for Dennis or Toney for the CF and Sarr for the wing. Probably get both for the price Everton want.

I really don’t want Richarlison. I don’t think he will be happy as a squad player.

I would much rather we go for Dennis or Toney for the CF and Sarr for the wing. Probably get both for the price Everton want.

No such thing when you're a 4th forward

Is Jota a squad player at Liverpool, is Grealish a squad player at City?

Last edited:

If he is not happy as a squad player then he is not going to be happy at any elite club and should stay at Everton. All players Kane included should be fearful of their place in the team, that is how you build a elite squad with an elite manager to win things.

He is a genuine multi role attacker so he can compete with Kane, Son and Kulusevski, if he fears that he is not ready to take the next level.

Back
Top Bottom