Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think League one more likely, few southern teams in there to try and get a loan with.
I can't see him getting much game time at Norwich as long as they have Pukki ... even if they lost him I doubt they would put all their promotion hopes on Dane Scarlett.
It's got to be League 1 or lower.
Fair enough re: Norwich...
But there MUST be a Championship team that would suit/benefit him??

After all, League 1 is a full 2 divisions below what we might need him to be in a year or so....

Skipp is a perfect example: played Championship football for a season, AND had the bonus of experiencing/helping with Promotion...

Just a shame he got injured when he did this season.

Troy Parrott, for all his positive loan experience... is still ultimately playing League 1 standard football...

If we're not gonna take him back, then surely he WOULD benefit from stepping up a division and playing Championship football next season... Even if Scarlett isn't!

But there MUST be s Championship team that would suit/benefit him??

League 1 is 2 divisions below what we need him to be in a year or so....

Skipp is a perfect example: played Championship football for a season, AND had the bonus of experiencing/helping with Promotion...

Troy Parrott, for all his positive loan experience... Is still ultimately playing League 1 standard football...
If we're not gonna take him back, then he WOULD surely benefit from stepping up a division and playing Championship football next season... Even if Scarlett isn't!
He's still only young no need to rush him, don't think Kane was playing championship football at he's age and Skipp was older when he went to Norwich

He's still only young no need to rush him, don't think Kane was playing championship football at he's age and Skipp was older when he went to Norwich
You make a good point.

Just can't wait for us to field a team containing the likes of DANE SCARLETT, ALFIE DEVINE & DANTE CASSANOVA!!

... we've got some classy named Youth coming through!!

You make a good point.

Just can't wait for us to field a team containing the likes of DANE SCARLETT, ALFIE DEVINE & DANTE CASSANOVA!!

... we've got some classy named Youth coming through!!
Sorry to tell you mate he's been released:dierpochhug:

But there MUST be a Championship team that would suit/benefit him??

After all, League 1 is a full 2 divisions below what we might need him to be in a year or so....

Troy Parrott, for all his positive loan experience... is still ultimately playing League 1 standard football...

If we're not gonna take him back, then surely he WOULD benefit from stepping up a division and playing Championship football next season... Even if Scarlett isn't!

Thing to note is it's pointless loaning fledgeling strikers to a club that will struggle at the wrong end of the table and thus LG1 contenders are a better destination than Champo bottom feeders.... Even more so when you consider no team is gonna entrust their survival to a 17 yr old with zero track record.

Scarlett Impresses Kane

Why was Kane Impressed ?
No pressure on the attacker is how I start with little kids
in all those practice moves we should have defenders (those defenders could be the coaches or players) put "light" "medium" or "heavy" pressure on the attacker otherwise where is the reality of the match day ? we are not talking about little kids these are pro footballers

Most of their training sessions will be dominated by small sided games in reduced space.

They have plenty of chances to get tackled etc in those games.

Shooting drill is always exactly that. A drill to get a shot away.
Sometimes you might put a defender there but you don’t need one there. It’s a practice. Nothing more.

Think League one more likely, few southern teams in there to try and get a loan with.
I can't see him getting much game time at Norwich as long as they have Pukki (who is a 30 goals a season man in the Championship) and even if they lost him I doubt they would put all their promotion hopes on Dane Scarlett.

It's got to be League 1 or lower.

Could do worse than loan him to a National League side such as Wealdstone.

George Wickens (20 year old Fulham keeper), thrived there last season.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's someone like MK Dons as we seem to have a good relationship with them.
But if we want to keep him fairly local there's the likes of Charlton, Cambridge, Ipswich etc in league one.

:wansum:
I'm surprised no one else did it...

Sorry to tell you mate he's been released:dierpochhug:
WHAT?
steven-toast.gif

Last edited:
Lowe's managerial style has been influenced by Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, Rafa Benítez and Lowe's long-time friend Steven Gerrard, among others.[3] He is attack-minded, and Bury in 2018-19 were one of the Football League's highest-scoring teams; their style, described as "gung-ho",[3] soon brought success as the club finished second in League Two and earned promotion back to League One.[38] Lowe explained in an interview with The Guardian that he wanted to instil a "winning philosophy" and that, by outscoring their opponents, Bury would have a greater chance of achieving that goal. The on-field strategy is effectively a 3-1-4-2 formation.[3]

Apparently got the assist for the first goal, I only started watching after HT. Early in the 2nd half his shot from the right beat the keeper but came back off the post, the defender covering the line then made a superb save from the follow up.

Picked up a yellow, ridiculously imo. Chasing a through ball, a defender blocked him, unsuccessfully as DS is clearly a strong player, but then went down as if shot. Ref blew for a foul (!!!) and carded DS.

Apparently got the assist for the first goal, I only started watching after HT. Early in the 2nd half his shot from the right beat the keeper but came back off the post, the defender covering the line then made a superb save from the follow up.

Picked up a yellow, ridiculously imo. Chasing a through ball, a defender blocked him, unsuccessfully as DS is clearly a strong player, but then went down as if shot. Ref blew for a foul (!!!) and carded DS.
Are the refs under 19 too? Or premier league refs looking for summer work

Assist for the 1st goal :tanguythumb:

Not many PL players go there surely? (I don’t follow that league)

But I know a lad who was at Maidenhead last season. Been released by luton and he’s going back there permanently.

So I don’t think it’s a league premier league clubs would send a player they believe in tbh. Would either keep them at the academy or send them to a league club.

Not many PL players go there surely? (I don’t follow that league)

But I know a lad who was at Maidenhead last season. Been released by luton and he’s going back there permanently.

So I don’t think it’s a league premier league clubs would send a player they believe in tbh. Would either keep them at the academy or send them to a league club.
Ok, so?

Back
Top Bottom