Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah ok read it wrong but trust those two when it comes to who is more talented.
Either way Kane didn't look the part til later on and the 3 you mentioned only Rooney has proved himself but still faded after 28/29
Yeah two managerial legends rate him, can't be bad. Agree Kane is the example to keep in mind, dominant in the youth teams, but definitely took time to mature at first team level. A league 1 loan for Dane (like Kane to Orient), so he plays regularly, wouldn't be the worst thing.

Scarlett scored 12 in 12 now playing for the England u19s.

Scarlett and Parrott on loan in the Championship next year could be good fun. I have to admit I'd written Parrott off a bit, but he's had a wonderful second half of his loan last season. Still only 20 as well, thought he was older by now.

Who knows if they'll break through, certainly Kane proves these things are unpredictable. But it is nice to have two strikers with some promise at the club and hopefully at least one of them can push onto the first team level.

Very excited for both our young strikers. I do quite enjoy lower league football when Spurs have a stake in it. Here’s hoping they both get plenty of time on the pitch and score a bunch of goals!

Very excited for both our young strikers. I do quite enjoy lower league football when Spurs have a stake in it. Here’s hoping they both get plenty of time on the pitch and score a bunch of goals!
Agree- perfect loan for Scarlett. It makes sense for him to prove himself at least half a season in League 1 before moving on, and to be honest, I think a full season here is a great level for him. Pompey have a good fan base and a fair amount of media exposure, so it should be that much better a loan for him.

I haven't really watched Pompey since around the time Redknapp tried to unsuccessfully save them (?) from relegation and downward spiral. I would assume they try to play some attacking ball. Anyone know what their current style and manager are like?

I just hope he is ready for mens football, but I'm not sure that he is yet,
I hope pompey break him in slowly & easily, with 5 subs will be better getting on the pitch late in games

I'm mates with some of Portsmouth's centreback, Sean Raggett's mates, as we're from the same area - might be able to get some feedback later in the season on how he's doing in the squad, and if he's integrating himself.

Agree- perfect loan for Scarlett. It makes sense for him to prove himself at least half a season in League 1 before moving on, and to be honest, I think a full season here is a great level for him. Pompey have a good fan base and a fair amount of media exposure, so it should be that much better a loan for him.

I haven't really watched Pompey since around the time Redknapp tried to unsuccessfully save them (?) from relegation and downward spiral. I would assume they try to play some attacking ball. Anyone know what their current style and manager are like?
Hoof ball last season according to my mate who follows them. Average side, get it wide and long

Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt, but I saw a fan on twitter say something to the effect of ~Pompey did alright last season but were really missing a focal point up top. They've done a lot of good business this summer but Scarlett was the last piece of the puzzle to fill the void up top.~ Hopefully it's true and he will be their main man!

On bench!

Shit manager, doesn't know what his doing! Sack him!

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Just came on as a sub on 75. Pompey leading 3-2 away to Sheff Wed so that's a bold move.
Just noticed ex-Spur Connor Ogilvie plays for Pompey. He was at Spurs before Dane's time, though.

Back
Top Bottom