Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walks into our midfield as well. The way he dominated other teams last season at the base of midfield for Brighton is something we haven’t really had since Dembele, Modric or Carrick. Still can’t believe we got him for £25m, I know he had only 1 year left but he is straight a £70-80m player for us on a 4-5 year deal.
He's very much a Carrick type, with a bit of Palacious.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how our other midfielders perform next to him. I can see Holjberg and Skipp excelling with more room to push forward.

He's very much a Carrick type, with a bit of Palacious.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how our other midfielders perform next to him. I can see Holjberg and Skipp excelling with more room to push forward.
Skippy's got a better forward pass that many people realise. In the youth team he wasn't just the best tackler, he could pick out a decent forward pass. played some nice passes this season too actually.

Walks into our midfield as well. The way he dominated other teams last season at the base of midfield for Brighton is something we haven’t really had since Dembele, Modric or Carrick. Still can’t believe we got him for £25m, I know he had only 1 year left but he is straight a £70-80m player for us on a 4-5 year deal.

It's because of the sexual assault case, Brighton thought they had a 40m+ asset on their hands but a potential conviction changes everything while we've probably got the ins and outs of the case and think it's not going anywhere so are confident in spending the money.

Jesus averages better than a goal every three games for City. So that's a big improvement on Lacazette. And just because you had never heard of Viera until he signed for Woolwich doesn't mean a thing other than your lack of football knowledge outside of Tottenham.

I’ve just seen this. 4 goals more having played 1 game more while playing those games for Manchester City is a “big” improvement?? It’s not.
That team is next level for chance creation.

Woolwich struggle massively in that area. Well drilled yes. But that’s it. They struggle to create like city do - most team do tbh .

The irony of the second part of your statement is glorious.
Something tells me you had no idea how many goals Lacazette had scored for that lot.

Jesus averages better than a goal every three games for City. So that's a big improvement on Lacazette. And just because you had never heard of Viera until he signed for Woolwich doesn't mean a thing other than your lack of football knowledge outside of Tottenham.
26 games in 2 years in a pub league ..thats knowledge enough...half of those he was subbed in....have a day off mate.

What's wrong with Gabriel Jesus? I've always liked him and would have been very happy if we signed him as he's basically able to play right across the front line and not only would he have likely been a starter on the right side he'd have been able to easily fill in centrally whenever Kane was rested/unavailable.

Problem Woolwich have is they've extended Nketiah who's of a similar profile when they should have been targeting someone different as a 2nd choice striker like Kalajdzic from Stuttgart, that would have greatly improved the potency of their attack and offered a plan B.
He wouldn’t be better than Kulu. Come on now. He’s average. Man city literally changed their system so they didn’t have to play him. He was a backup striker in a team that didn’t have a striker. He barely scored any goals in the most creative team in the league. He had worse output than Lacazette. This is probably one of the worst signings of the summer. 45 million and probably 400k in wages.

I’ve just seen this. 4 goals more having played 1 game more while playing those games for Manchester City is a “big” improvement?? It’s not.
That team is next level for chance creation.

Woolwich struggle massively in that area. Well drilled yes. But that’s it. They struggle to create like city do - most team do tbh .

The irony of the second part of your statement is glorious.
Something tells me you had no idea how many goals Lacazette had scored for that lot.

If he's their main man he'll score more goals than Lacazette did. You would have to be a fool to think otherwise. But then again, it is you commenting...

Based on what metric?
Bearing in mind City probably create more clear cut chances in the box than any other premier league team.

These stats (and my eyes watching Jesus play a I think he’s ok but that’s it) don’t tell me he’s a major upgrade.
More of the same if anything. And not as good at finishing.

Games played 159. Goals 58. Assists 29
Shooting accuracy 47%.
Big chances missed 70

Games played 158. Goals 54. Assists 25
Shooting accuracy 46%
Big chances missed 46

Are you some KaneDomBadBoy wannabe now? I never said once Jesus was clinical. But neither is Raheem Sterling but he'll always score goals because of his movement, and Jesus is in that category. Lacazette, who he's replacing, scored 4 goals in 30 games for Woolwich last season. If you think Jesus won't better than and with considerable ease then you're deluded.

He wouldn’t be better than Kulu. Come on now. He’s average. Man city literally changed their system so they didn’t have to play him. He was a backup striker in a team that didn’t have a striker. He barely scored any goals in the most creative team in the league. He had worse output than Lacazette. This is probably one of the worst signings of the summer. 45 million and probably 400k in wages.

Yeah this is nonsense I'm afraid, he's hardy been prolific but his performances in big games have always been very good and take into consideration he's never been the main man at city like he will be at Woolwich and your point about Kulusevski? he was awful at Juve but look at him now in another team where things are more suited to his style of play.

And your point is? He's an attacking midfield player and one goal in 20 games is poor however you look at it. But he's come in and done more than alright.
Kulu?..Yeap exactly,from top quality league and huge club and proven the quality of the italian league with his performances for us..rather than a more than probable dud from the pub league quoted at massive cost and risk
Go away you fecking knob

Yeah this is nonsense I'm afraid, he's hardy been prolific but his performances in big games have always been very good and take into consideration he's never been the main man at city like he will be at Woolwich and your point about Kulusevski? he was awful at Juve but look at him now in another team where things are more suited to his style of play.
What big games? You just sound so stupid trying to be “unbias”. He had 8 goals last season and 4 came against Watford. You’d be more at home at Woolwich mania

What big games? You just sound so stupid trying to be “unbias”. He had 8 goals last season and 4 came against Watford. You’d be more at home at Woolwich mania

Christ, I'm not sure why you're getting so upset? I'm not going to waste more time on this discussion/back and forth with someone who's basic football knowledge is so rudimentary.

Jesus will be lucky to get the goal output that Kulu has next season. Brazil CF withouT a goal in 3 years. Never been impressed with him in the box. He is not a natural, instinctive CF.
i Think every yid would be happy to have a score on Harry or Son to win next seasons GB.
how many gooners would have that same bet for Jesus to win GB.

That’s probably the thing. I’d happily have him at the Lane, but for 35m and 80-100k a week

He’s a decent player, might flourish if he’s the focus, or might return similar quite good stats. We’ll see. Ultimately beyond not wanting Woolwich to make any sightings, I’m not worried about him going there

If he's their main man he'll score more goals than Lacazette did. You would have to be a fool to think otherwise. But then again, it is you commenting...

You were the one to bring up their goals per game ratio. Which is very similar.

And then you decide to ignore it?

And ignore the amount of chances Gabriel Jesus misses. And you call me the fool?

Go back to defending Southgate and circle jerking on woolwichmania.

Back
Top Bottom