Dinamo Tbilisi away- Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Second game of the season ,2 v 0 away from home, first half.
Give them and inch and all of a sudden they want a mile .......
It takes time mate, chill out, enjoy the second half, pray younes makes it through unscathed, and that we put the game to bed with our next chance.

:chicco: We got this.

I am (was) perfectly fine, just an observation is all.

The passing to defence when a midfield option is available bugs me, and I do want is to pick up the pace/urgency more. That said I fully expect it to come with games, fitness and familiarity.

Otherwise an extremely positive game.

Kaboul and Dembele make 90 minutes.
Capoue appears to be everything I wished Parker was.
Townsend for a quality goal and two fabulous assists - surely has played himself into a start against Swansea.
Soldado scoring from open play, Paulinho off the mark.

Every now and then there are hints of what this team can do when it really clicks, what a prospect!

Sin bin? What does that mean?
It's where the wild things are.
where_the_wild_things_are1.jpg

The passing to defence when a midfield option is available bugs me, and I do want is to pick up the pace/urgency more. That said I fully expect it to come with games, fitness and familiarity.

Townsend for a quality goal and two fabulous assists - surely has played himself into a start against Swansea.

Every now and then there are hints of what this team can do when it really clicks, what a prospect!

This, plus two quality saves from Lloris

So who got the assists?

1. Naughton intercepted and Townsend ran it from there
2. Townsend into the box, check back and stood it up
3. Townsend into the box, round the outside and fizzed it in
4. Rose some fantastic running, to Chadli, Chadli back and Rose scores from distance
5. Chadli whipped it across the box

I just think he needs more play time for the first team, just build his talent more and more and he should turn out to be another good proper striker

Nah, hate to disagree, but he's got an 'unlucky feel' about him!
The penalty miss last season at Hearts proved as much...
I'm not writing him off JUST yet, but he doesn't appear to have that 'something' about him, that would separate him from the elite, and every other striker we let go who ends up at Norwich/Fulham/Q.P.R!

Agree. For me what is most apparent is the completion for places throughout the team e.g. Thought Naughton had his best game in a Spurs shirt, Walker knows his place is not a given. IMO only areas left to improve competition for are Centre Forward, Left Back and perhaps most importantly the No. 10 behind the CF.

Back
Top Bottom