Dinamo Tbilisi away- Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great goals tonight, Townsend looked to have a good game and was Rose goal a cross or shot. Soldado double 3 in 2 come on.........right am off to the toilet!!

can't believe they would rather show Swansea than us..... ah well, the goals looked pretty good. Bet its 0-0 next week (remember Hearts a couple of years ago?) :rolleyes:

Completely missed the game.

How did Capoue do? Does Kaboul look like he's getting near full fitness?

Capoue was excellent, my favorite of the summer additions as of yet. He is simply the complete CDM to stand in front of the back line. Can't believe we got him for the price. Kaboul looked pretty good, we've obviously missed him on corners and set pieces. Doesn't quite have his speed back, but with Rose and Walker on the flanks it isn't as obvious or as much of a concern.

For me tonight...

Townsend - Had an absolute blinder. Lots of confidence and positivity in his play and kept us moving forward in the first half when the rest of the midfield became a bit negative for parts.

Paulinho - looked to support the attack and with Capoue was a nuisance all night. Well taken goal and a few other chances

Capoue - Solid in front of the back four and comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Soldado - looked to be saving himself for the weekend but took his chances well and linked up well at times

Chadli - Looked really bright when he came on. Great delivery for Saldado's goal and was much quicker in his decision making than against Palace

Rose & Naughton - I thought both of them were responsible for some horrible positioning. First half they were pushing far too high up the pitch whilst the ball was still in our third, decreasing the passing options... Sorted out second half. Naughton's pass to Townsend for Paulinho's goal was lovely and Rose's goal was definitely just that and not a cross... Mixed bag for them imo.

Daws & Kaboul - Not a massive amount to do. Very happy to see Kaboul back. Looked fine at set pieces which is nice. Daws had a cracking mazy too!

Siggy - I'm a vocal supporter of Siggy, so feel OK in saying I thought he was shocking. Positioning all over the place, I understand pulling the fullback in for Rose to overlap, but he was tripping over Paulinho and Dembele at times and was pretty inefective. Was responsible for putting others under pressure with some poor passing decisions. Bad day at the office.

Dembele - Some good dribbling but wasn't really available in the final third and was pretty negative with a lot of his passing. I thought Capoue and Paulinho looked much more likely to create something... Not really sure what he is doing at the moment, he should be the playmaker in that three, need him to step up a bit or I think he'll find it hard to get in the starting XI once we complete out transfers.

Lloris - Machine, that is all

Carroll & Kane - not enough to comment really... Kane... Find that net son!

Back
Top Bottom