Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp, Sess, Gordon, and Spence would be an excellent core of homegrown players going forward with Scarlett and Devine hopefully joining them in a couple of years.

"He never particularly liked Spurs".........that's total bollox. Why invent nonsense, is it so easy to forget how many years service he gave to the club, all the goals and assists and good performances. A player who never liked Spurs wouldn't have put all that effort in. Give your head a wobble mate. How does a player show that they like Spurs anyway? :sonhmm:
How Sonny does it. Sign a contract when we need him the most. How well a player plays is no reflection of his affection towards the club.

To be clear, I don't think Eriksen owes the club any affection. Just felt he's always been very aloof, I'm just annoyed that he finally decided to pay a bit of lip service to Spurs recently... only to end up at United.

Mate; you're waffling.

It's not about versatility; it's about suotability of skillets.

So DM and AM are essentially the same job in your world?

Given the niche position that is your username; this is fascinating.

No I'm not, it's a fact. KDB is one in a million, a 100m+ valued player who wins you league titles, a player any team in the world would sign if available. Bentancur & Hojbjerg are not. KDB is better. I don't give a rats arse about positional suitability.

It's really that simple, not gonna waste energy on arguing it any longer .. because christ, if opposition fans took a look over at a Spurs forum and saw us 'debating' whether Rodri/KDB/Silva is better than our midfield or not, they'd probably (rightfully) piss themselves laughing.

I'm still quite surprised the Pau Torres stuff went so quiet.

We bid for him last summer, he was interested but want to play CL with his boyhood club, no problem.

Seemingly now open to a move, was touted as on our list with Bastoni/Gvardiol and Schlotterbeck a few months ago.

We have Lo Celso who they want and could be included in a deal.

Funny one no? seems like a nice fit?

How far does this so-called "underlying quality" stretch......? Perhaps KDB can use it to cover at CB when they're in a pinch?

I didn't say they were better or worse..... I maintain that it is silly/pointless.

Play KDB and Silva in a CM2 and they get rinsed...... Fact.
Their CM2 would be phillips and Rodri surely? That's pretty comparable to ours with Bissouma/PEH.

I'm still quite surprised the Pau Torres stuff went so quiet.

We bid for him last summer, he was interested but want to play CL with his boyhood club, no problem.

Seemingly now open to a move, was touted as on our list with Bastoni/Gvardiol and Schlotterbeck a few months ago.

We have Lo Celso who they want and could be included in a deal.

Funny one no? seems like a nice fit?
He indicated he would rather go to Ropey League midtable ManUre.
Fuck him. He turned us down because he wanted Champions League. We get Champions League and he turns us down for Ropey League.
Seriously, guy trolled us. Move on.

Depay has played mostly center forward since he went to Lyon, not much of a winger anymore though still capable if necessary.

He'd be an incredible depth option for us, but I don't think he'd want to come to play that role. His goalscoring record since leaving United has been excellent at both Lyon and Barcelona. Also potted 12 goals in 10 games for the Dutch in WC qualifying.

Not dying to get him, but if Barca were to let him go cheap because of their financial issues he'd be a good addition.

Back
Top Bottom