Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6537f6532c9b84bb03923e160a6f7900.jpg

The problem ten Hag has is that he doesn’t know the league. His team selection on Sunday proved that and Potter had him on toast. The quality of them and how they react is levels above the Dutch football. He’s now got to face Thomas Frank and Klopp who aren’t mugs at all, have been at their clubs a long time and have them performing exactly how they want. There are no easy games in the PL.
My first observation from the Brighton game was how little ten Hag had to show for his pre-season. I don't buy the whole "He needs more time" excuse; they were all over the place and he clearly had no idea of how he wanted the team to play or who his key personnel were. Those decisions should have been made weeks ago.

My first observation from the Brighton game was how little ten Hag had to show for his pre-season. I don't buy the whole "He needs more time" excuse; they were all over the place and he clearly had no idea of how he wanted the team to play or who his key personnel were. Those decisions should have been made weeks ago.

.......And that was despite all the hype about him starting his pre-season earlier than anyone else. (He also joined the club before last season ended!)

.........Only for the comms during the game to sympathise that he hadn't had any time to work with his team yet.

MEHHHHHH!!!!

Last edited:

They looked good or at least competent and structured in pre season which shows that there's a mentality issue there, they couldn't even do the basics right on Sunday when the pressure was on.

The problem ten Hag has is that he doesn’t know the league. His team selection on Sunday proved that and Potter had him on toast. The quality of them and how they react is levels above the Dutch football. He’s now got to face Thomas Frank and Klopp who aren’t mugs at all, have been at their clubs a long time and have them performing exactly how they want. There are no easy games in the PL.

I think his tactics would probably work in the PL - issue is he needs almost an entirely new team

I don't think he'll get the time or backing to make the changes

I think his tactics would probably work in the PL - issue is he needs almost an entirely new team

I don't think he'll get the time or backing to make the changes
Yeah if they got rid of the older ones and brought in younger players who would buy into his ideas then it probably would work.

The issues at United run deep. They are near on institutional at this point. You don't just need to remove the Glazers, or the players, or someone behind the scenes. The club needs to more or less be burned to the ground and rebuilt from the ashes.

More or less what Liverpool did between 2007 and when they got Klopp in. There's no vision or guiding line at the club any more other than "remember when Fergie ran this place?"

The issues at United run deep. They are near on institutional at this point. You don't just need to remove the Glazers, or the players, or someone behind the scenes. The club needs to more or less be burned to the ground and rebuilt from the ashes.

More or less what Liverpool did between 2007 and when they got Klopp in. There's no vision or guiding line at the club any more other than "remember when Fergie ran this place?"

I just think they need to remove the Glazers and get a half competent board in who have vision and set a good example and culture and they'll be alright, it shouldn't be that difficult - but the Glazers are in charge and they way they control the club is a complete mess.

I'm amazed that they are still getting so much press..

Greenwood, Giggs, Ferdinand, Bosnich, Mickey Thomas, Rooney, Becks, Keane, Cantona, Robson...

All have a pretty damning wrap list.

From rape to assault, money laundering to drugs, common assault on the pitch to coercive behaviour off it.

The quicker they sink the better..

Problem is, it all gets clicks

Yeah if they got rid of the older ones and brought in younger players who would buy into his ideas then it probably would work.

They still have a relatively young squad... It's more that they're tainted by the prevailing shit-show.

I find it incredible that Manchester United just seem to buy players without any obvious plan, given their success in the 90s and 2000s under Ferguson and Gill. They have a ridiculously unproven and, quite frankly, inept executive level setup - John Murtough and Darren Fletcher, both promoted from within (and that's the problem) are in way over their heads for a club of their stature, along with the aforementioned inept recruitment policy. Again, for a club of their world stature, to not bring in the best executive team is scandalous. I think Rangnick could have been their answer as a DoF, but the club didn't want to hear the truths he told.

The owners are what they are, and it's unlikely that they will go, no matter how much the fans call for it. £4-5billion prospective owners are in short-ish supply at the moment, and quite frankly they have doled out the money when needed, albeit for relative averageness (which I don't think is their fault, for all the other faults they have).

If Ten Haag makes a success of the team they should rename the stadium after him. I don't dislike Manchester United as much as the other teams we are trying to emulate/compete but still, long may this continue.

I'm amazed that they are still getting so much press..

Greenwood, Giggs, Ferdinand, Bosnich, Mickey Thomas, Rooney, Becks, Keane, Cantona, Robson...

All have a pretty damning wrap list.

From rape to assault, money laundering to drugs, common assault on the pitch to coercive behaviour off it.

The quicker they sink the better..

Problem is, it all gets clicks
And distributing counterfeit bank notes. £20 notes.

Back
Top Bottom