Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes it’s a well known fact that football clubs don’t employ their own scouting networks they prefer to rely on the wisdom of fans forums

The scouting network on this forum is 2nd to none! If only Levy used our wisdom, we would have written blank cheques for likes of Benteke, Berahino, De Ligt, Falcao, Ndombele (oh wait) and Schniderlin.

Instead we ended up with players we have to google such as Kulsevski, Son and bentancur.

The scouting network on this forum is 2nd to none! If only Levy used our wisdom, we would have written blank cheques for likes of Benteke, Berahino, De Ligt, Falcao, Ndombele (oh wait) and Schniderlin.

Instead we ended up with players we have to google such as Kulsevski, Son and bentancur.
what about the others the scouting group got us
GKN, Jenssen, etc when poch was here

Disgusting post and exactly why you’re on ignore

Cunt

Am I on ignore though ?

Why are you then quote'ing and interacting? Does not seem to be so.

P.S - kisses to you as well.

I find it just funny that person has such a childish and extreme view of players.
I absolutely agree - we should not proceed with Winksy. It is time for both - club and player to move on.
But to claim as fact that Winks will not be able to be a starter even in Championship club just laughable.

I could make a bet that if Winks will be transfered to bottom half EPL side, he will go on to get 100+ games in EPL. Not saying he will be a superstar, but even while not being good enough for Spurs, he can and most likely will be EPL regular in future.

how old are you? i bet you're one of them little weasels that talk shit behind a computer but in person dont say boo to a goose. silly little wally.

and winks overall contribution to the club was negative not positive you pathetic little moron.

Where do you collect that from? You do realize that this is absolutely random statement drawn up by your fantasy, right?

And talking about overall contribution - he has been at the club for very long time.
For senior side has played 202 games, many of them well. Though I agree that his last few season performances have dropped off (and once more - I am still expecting and waiting for him to be sold - for sake of club and sake of him - just can't stand all this shit-throwing).

And when we sell him, we will most likely recoup more money that we have ever paid him as salaries... so how the hell has "overall contribution to club was negative"? Just because - once more- your fantasy produces something like that?

He's shocking,
If you want to give him credit then you absolute HAVE to give credit to pretty much anyone that's ever kicked a ball in a Spurs shirt. Because the majority of them have done it better than him.

Darren Bent, David Bently, Hossam Ghaly, Paolo Tremazzani, Judas etc.
The only reason Winks has ever got any charity is that he's a fan and an academy player.

Look, I am not saying that he should stay. Nor that he would deserve playing time over alternatives we have. Absolutely not.
I am not defending his last season appearences either. I agree - time has come for him to be shipped out. Its best for everyone.

But two things
- first of all, Bent, Ghaly, Janssen, Nkoudou etc are not really in the same bracket. These players never played 9 out of 13 games (total of 586 minutes) in the biggest cup-run we have had over number of decades for example. On top of that number of them have also been waste of clubs resources - paid a lot, had high salaries and sold for lot less. Winks has been in the club, trained here, been on reasonable salary and in the end will still bring in a transfer fee sooner or later. And a fee that might actually cover 100% of all the salary and investments that have been put into him by club.

- other thing is that absolutely over-the-top claims like "he would be bench player everywhere", or "he is not even good enough to play in Championship" that you have made number of times are just laughable.

I could make a bet that if Winks will be transfered to bottom half EPL side, he will go on to get 100+ games in EPL. Not saying he will be a superstar, but even while not being good enough for Spurs, he can and most likely will be EPL regular in future.

Football manager fanboi's who claim to watch every match in every corner of the world despite there only being 24 hours in a day.

So what is that all about? I just assumed they played Football Manager or have a subscription to The Athletic.

I see myself as football fan but I'm so one eyed Spurs I didn't know 3/4 of the Saints team on the weekend let alone Romanian left backs with an xG higher than x/y.45.

So what is that all about? I just assumed they played Football Manager or have a subscription to The Athletic.

I see myself as football fan but I'm so one eyed Spurs I didn't know 3/4 of the Saints team on the weekend let alone Romanian left backs with an xG higher than x/y.45.

Basically, a lot of people in the world lie a lot. A lot more than most, normal, honest people could ever believe. Sometimes they're well presented lies that aren't so outlandish that you'd never believe it in a million years. Some of these liars are harmless. I've had friends that talk more shit than Jay from the inbetweeners but are also thoroughly decent people so you let it slide.
And I've known some that are total dicks.

Basically, a lot of people in the world lie a lot. A lot more than most, normal, honest people could ever believe. Sometimes they're well presented lies that aren't so outlandish that you'd never believe it in a million years. Some of these liars are harmless. I've had friends that talk more shit than Jay from the inbetweeners but are also thoroughly decent people so you let it slide.
And I've known some that are total dicks.
Blatant "I've got friends" post

Which perfectly explains Everton case closed. By the way worked need on the old sarcasm raider...
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Seriously Matt1882 Everton's scouting does appear to be the result of a forum trawl. Dacoure for example loads on here saying he was mustard and would improve Spurs. Luca Dinge was another, I've even heard folk say DCL should be a target. Oh an on this theme I have seen zero from Antony Gordon to justify any top four side throwing away millions on him. Lots of huff and puff that are a byproduct of youth little real game changing end product.

Back
Top Bottom