Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Ogilvie scores again!
images

...one for the Mums!!

Last edited:
Not doing as well as I hoped.

How did you expect an 18 year old, with 2 league games of professional men's football to his name, to do in League One?

Bare in mind he's played 200 minutes at Portsmouth in the league this season, the equivalent of 2.2 games and has been involved in 1 goal. A near 1 in 2 record, at 18 in mens football.

How did you expect an 18 year old, with 2 league games of professional men's football to his name, to do in League One?
He's played 5 first team games before tonight.
He was playing against a League 2 side tonight (Newport County), who are currently 19th in the league, and made ten changes to the team that faced Tranmere Rover last Saturday.

He's played 5 first team games before tonight.
He was playing against a League 2 side tonight (Newport County), who are currently 19th in the league, and made ten changes to the team that faced Tranmere Rover last Saturday.

So, what's the issue?

He's 18 years old. What were people expecting?

So, what's the issue?

He's 18 years old. What were people expecting?
What were people expecting?
He's employed by a top PL club, who believe he has huge potential. The club have loaned him out to a lower league club, so that he can try and fulfill that potential. He's a forward, people expect him to score goals.

He's employed by a top PL club, who believe he has huge potential. The club have loaned him out to a lower league club, so that he can try and fulfill that potential. He's a forward, people expect him to score goals.

He's getting game time and starts in mens professional football at 18 years of age. Something that he's never done up until this point in his life. He has 1 assist in 200 minutes of mens football. I'd say he's doing fine.

Do you prefer him to have just stayed here, train with the first team players and play meaningless U21 games?

Talk about ridiculous expectations.

Portsmouth fans are pretty happy with his performances. I'm not the highest on him but his loan so far is probably surpassing my expectations.

He's getting game time and starts in mens professional football at 18 years of age. Something that he's never done up until this point in his life. He has 1 assist in 200 minutes of mens football. I'd say he's doing fine.

Do you prefer him to have just stayed here, train with the first team players and play meaningless U21 games?

Talk about ridiculous expectations.
You don't get this loan business do you?
It's meant to be beneficial to both parties, in this case Spurs and Portsmouth.
Portsmouth's priority is to get promoted, if Scarlett doesn't play well, he'll be dropped. if he's dropped regularly, he'll end up back at Spurs. It's happened to players in the past, most recently Troy Parrott.

You don't get this loan business do you?
It's meant to be beneficial to both parties, in this case Spurs and Portsmouth.
Portsmouth's priority is to get promoted, if Scarlett doesn't play well, he'll be dropped. if he's dropped regularly, he'll end up back at Spurs. It's happened to players in the past, most recently Troy Parrott.

How is Scarlett getting game time in men's football not beneficial for Spurs?

Oh look, some Portsmouth fans thoughts on the players performances so far.

And just from this evening:

So tell me, how (so far) is this loan not beneficial for Portsmouth, him or Spurs?

Stop basing your opinion of an 18 year old on the fact he so far has 0 goals less than a month into the league season when before this season he's never consistently played at any level of mens football and ask yourself your own question.

Do you get this loan business?

Urgency.

Fight or flight demon.

Coursing through society. Why isn’t he great already, the age of the everything now interwebs…

That same sense of urgency, is why Dane is clamming up presently. He’s 18 and new to mens football, it will pass, then the ice veined player within (if it carries through from youth) will flourish, might be next season, after a chastening experience this loan, or once his muscles mature Etc.

The way several top coaches have spoken of him, and Kane, they know there is a special talent showing in training (less pressure, more muscle memory).

How is Scarlett getting game time in men's football not beneficial for Spurs?

Oh look, some Portsmouth fans thoughts on the players performances so far.

And just from this evening:

So tell me, how (so far) is this loan not beneficial for Portsmouth, him or Spurs?

Stop basing your opinion of an 18 year old on the fact he so far has 0 goals less than a month into the league season when before this season he's never consistently played at any level of mens football and ask yourself your own question.

Do you get this loan business?

You keep moving the goalposts (pun not intended). It's impossible to have a rational, adult debate with you.
I could say a lot more, addressing your last reply, but I can't be arsed. You sound like one of those juvenile idiots who comment on the BBC football site.

Back
Top Bottom