Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Preston have played 6 Championship games so far. They have won 1 and drawn 5, scoring only 1 goal! Yes, their defense is brilliant having conceded 0 goals. But what good is this for Parrott's development.
Now, I haven't seen Preston play and I realise it's still early days, but scoring 1 goal in 6 games suggests to me either they are creating too few goal scoring chances, or the forwards are shit.
5 nil-nil draws is just something else.

Preston have played 6 Championship games so far. They have won 1 and drawn 5, scoring only 1 goal! Yes, their defense is brilliant having conceded 0 goals. But what good is this for Parrott's development.
Now, I haven't seen Preston play and I realise it's still early days, but scoring 1 goal in 6 games suggests to me either they are creating too few goal scoring chances, or the forwards are shit.
I watched one of their games which ended in a 1-0 win for them, it was a very boring match and Troy got no service whatsoever.

Even still, he could have a good season scoring mostly from pens and set pieces, while learning target man type play. Maybe he only bags 5 in open play all year, but gets 20 overall, and of course gets a year of experience leading the line for a team of grown men playing in a league with other grown men. I still think this would be an amazing season for him development wise.

Bad miss yesterday... One on one with the keeper ,at international level , or any half decent level come to that, should have been taken, it could be argued that miss/moment changed the game
Was an odd game for our lads.. over the 70 odd minutes each played, Parrott and Doherty had mostly good games.. and then each had a game defining moment which went on to cost their team a result. Parrott is a good player and he'll be in that Irish team for years to come, but will really need to sort out his finishing if he wants to play PL in the next few years .

Was an odd game for our lads.. over the 70 odd minutes each played, Parrott and Doherty had mostly good games.. and then each had a game defining moment which went on to cost their team a result. Parrott is a good player and he'll be in that Irish team for years to come, but will really need to sort out his finishing if he wants to play PL in the next few years .
Honestly if asked, i'de say he would have taken a shit performance and stuck that one away.... As you say..IF he wants a prem career....he needs to be taking those type of simple chances.. it's not every game he's gonna be gifted ones as simple as that... And as for stayin in the NI if Gerry Armstrong can .. anyone can...
Well almost....

Stephen Kenny backs ‘improving’ Troy Parrott to shine as Irish prepare for Armenia clash​

SM6_7266

Troy Parrott of Republic of Ireland reacts after his goal against Scotland was disallowed on Saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom