Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp is great, but this was a fairly simple pass through a vacant defence.
Yes, but it was ConteBall.

Sess winning the ball high, Skipp getting his head up & playing a perfectly weighted through ball with his left foot.

I bet Don Antonio was purring over that.

Though he did quite well for his first start in god knows how long. Faded a bit understandably but he was good in the first 30 minutes and his energy and willingness to break forward from deep was good to see.

He's one to keep for sure.

Very good. Made himself available at all times, wasn't afraid to get forward. If he didn't get booked, I think Conte would sub out Bissouma instead of him.

If we're playing 3-5-2, the MF is Bentancur - Skipp - PEH.

He was really showing off his box to box qualities today. In the first half he was linking up with Kane in transition with fairly intricate passing. Both finding Kane from a deeper role as well as making runs like Kulu.

A good decision maker, unlike Benta who held on to the ball too long multiple times on a breakaway.

He started to fade cos Emerson was just not on the same wavelength AT ALL.

Let’s take a chance on two or three of the other younger players now…. Gill, Spence perhaps even Sarr or White (on the left?) from the bench. I’m absolutely certain we are going nowhere with this 11, it’s lacks ability and physicality so let’s at least address the last point and add some pace and effort to complement our world class albeit leggy match winners

Let’s take a chance on two or three of the other younger players now…. Gill, Spence perhaps even Sarr or White (on the left?) from the bench. I’m absolutely certain we are going nowhere with this 11, it’s lacks ability and physicality so let’s at least address the last point and add some pace and effort to complement our world class albeit leggy match winners
Nah- we'll start scraping wins again when Kulu and Richy are back. It might even be enough to keep us top 4 this season. Out in the first knockout round of CL, if we even make it that far...

Nah- we'll start scraping wins again when Kulu and Richy are back. It might even be enough to keep us top 4 this season. Out in the first knockout round of CL, if we even make it that far...
Perhaps. Kulu is a serious player and Richy could complement Kane well…. They must be looking to bring in upgrades in Jan, especially if we scrape into the CL knockouts. It’s not a write off, yet

Perhaps. Kulu is a serious player and Richy could complement Kane well…. They must be looking to bring in upgrades in Jan, especially if we scrape into the CL knockouts. It’s not a write off, yet
Kulu is an incredible player, and his impact since arriving is criminally underrated.

Surprised to see no one has talked about Skipp for 4 months.

Considering he's only 22 I think he's extremely underrated, talented and did well yesterday. When Conte was first appointed we went on a 9 game unbeaten run, with Skipp playing in 7 of those. Hopefully our form improves with him getting back to fitness.

Back
Top Bottom