Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need a new starting RWB. We won't be getting a whole new backline in January though.

Would like to see us go big on a decent CB - like a Bastoni (I appreciate he's not been in form this season).
Or, perhaps he is in form this season and any previous perception of this player was the annual 'kid on christmas day' distortion routine performed by supporters looking for their footballing savior. I mean, it happens every year and all it takes is a journalistic mention and that player should be desired for years to come as the one that would have gotten us over the line because he was the next coming of X, Y, or Z.

philippe-coutinho-bayern-munich-2019-20_hcsqai4psmo71x1gfg1rc6oml.jpg

Have you ever wondered why every manager appointed by Levy in the last 15 years has failed to win anything?

What causes serial winners like Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte to under perform or forget how to manage when they come to Tottenham Hotspur?

What's the one constant that's seen the longest trophy drought in over 70 years at this magnificent football club?

Have a cup of tea, sit down and have a serious think about how many more years or decades your going to carry on blaming everyone and everything apart from those with whom the buck, ultimately, stops.

You live in some kind of parallel universe.

When we had the best group of players for 2/3 years I presume you will say that was luck was it and yet we still won fcuk all. Manager or Levy at fault?

It's as I said when we are doing well people, you mostly have no oxygen for your platform. Once we lose a few games there you pop.

I absolutely agree that any manager needs players but it'set against the backdrop of what is reasonable and who will come, on top of one or two teams with a fair bit of wings if you hadn't previously noticed.

Its not quite as eeay as there is this bloke on a forum who will be ecstatic if you join our club so please do so.

It's so simplistic to talk of these so called top players that cost lots of money as if they guarantee success and even if we did spend the stupidly excessive prices, and still failed to win anything or even compete, that you would still probably say but we didn't get the best player/players available.

I have said it before but you offer no balance and thatinvalidates any good points that you do make on occasion.

I am a coffee drinker.

Last edited:

When we had the best group of players got 2/3 years I presume you will say that was luck was it and yet we still won fcuk all. Manager or Levy at fault?

It's as I said when we are doing well people, you mostly have no oxygen for your platform. Once we lose a few games there you pop.

I absolutely agree that any manager needs players but it'set against the backdrop of what is reasonable and who will come, on top of one or two teams with a fair bit of wings if you hadn't previously noticed.

Its not quite as eeay as there is this bloke on a forum who will be ecstatic if you join our club so please do so.

It's so simplistic to talk of these so called top players that cost lots of money as if they guarantee success and even if we did spend the stupidly excessive prices, and still failed to win anything or even compete, that you would still probably say but we didn't get the best player/players available.

I have said it before but you offer no balance and thatinvalidates any good points that you do make on occasion.

I an a coffee drinker.

227c871a2ff43a52c02bcd0abdc13be7fc3ce21c454cbe9ba9f471c160e725f8_1.jpg

Wealth and stadium, yes. Squad...about half a dozen of them or so. Lots of PL level mediocrity in there.

Nothing much will change until there are new owners. I won't be agonising or losing sleep about it, just enjoy the ups and get over the downs.

In the meantime I'd like Conte to get the team playing more freely and entertaining us some more. I really dislike Conte ball.
Years ago I accepted we will go nowhere with enic/levy so I am the same. No point getting too emotional about it. It’s scrape top 4 at best with a few top 6 finishes in between.
Of the top 6. Which players would they even want from us. Kane, kulu & possible Romero & Bissouma? Son & lloris past their peak.

Have you ever wondered why every manager appointed by Levy in the last 15 years has failed to win anything?

What causes serial winners like Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte to under perform or forget how to manage when they come to Tottenham Hotspur?

What's the one constant that's seen the longest trophy drought in over 70 years at this magnificent football club?

Have a cup of tea, sit down and have a serious think about how many more years or decades your going to carry on blaming everyone and everything apart from those with whom the buck, ultimately, stops.
It’s like a building that needs a new roof & instead of getting one you keep having it patched up & then blame the workmen when it starts leaking again. Rather than just get a new bloody roof! Cheaper to get new workmen than a new roof.

Also if it is the managers fault then it’s such an odd argument. The chairman can pick the wrong manager over & over. Who then fails & it’s not the chairman’s fault. Really odd. Surely a business would look at the person who keeps picking failing managers?
But in reality no manager will succeed here until levy/enic go or massively change

When we had the best group of players for 2/3 years I presume you will say that was luck was it and yet we still won fcuk all. Manager or Levy at fault?

I an a coffee drinker.
ENIC have been here 22 years, mate. Not just 2-3 years.

And that best group of players, as you call them, was accumulated on a minimal shoestring budget with an absolute threadbare squad behind it that Pochetinno somehow had playing above themselves and yet still didn't get the backing he was crying out for to kick on. At the same time this club was announcing annual profit margins never before seen in professional football.

This exact same wonderful group of players subsequently bombed under one of the most successful managers the world has ever seen. How come?

We then got Nuno, after being promised the complete opposite. How come?

We then got Conte, a serial winner. Now struggling to get a tune from some the average, cumbersome, crap he has at his disposal. How come?

Sit down, have a cup of coffee, and think about what you just posted. Then come back when you have a serious argument to justify our worst trophy drought in 70 years and why every manager appointed by Levy ultimately falls short, and how many more years or decades your going to blame everyone apart from those who are ultimately responsible.

Can’t believe some loons are still defending these speculative chancers. Conte will wave goodbye this weekend and hopefully forego his settlement and unleash

Years ago I accepted we will go nowhere with enic/levy so I am the same. No point getting too emotional about it. It’s scrape top 4 at best with a few top 6 finishes in between.
Of the top 6. Which players would they even want from us. Kane, kulu & possible Romero & Bissouma? Son & lloris past their peak.
I think Hojbjerg and Bentancur would appeal to some big clubs too. Perisic as well, ignoring age.

But yeah, otherwise lots of average players and failed punts. Nothing wrong with a few average players, Man Utd won titles with some absolute journeymen in the squad, but you need leaders and very strong tactics.

I think 2019 broke me a bit though. I have mates and colleagues supporting Ipswich, Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Stoke, Norwich ,Villa
It could be worse.

And that best group of players, as you call them, was accumulated on a minimal shoestring budget with an absolute threadbare squad behind it that Pochetinno somehow had playing above themselves and yet still didn't get the backing he was crying out for to kick on. At the same time this club was announcing annual profit margins never before seen in professional football.

This exact same wonderful group of players subsequently bombed under one of the most successful managers the world has ever seen. How come?

We then got Conte, a serial winner. Now struggling to get a tune from some the average, cumbersome, crap he has at his disposal. How come?

Sit down, have a cup of coffee, and think about what you just posted. Then come back when you have a serious argument to justify our worst trophy drought in 70 years and why every manager appointed by Levy ultimately falls short, and how many more years or decades your going to blame everyone apart from those who are ultimately responsible.

Stop talking bollocks Joanie.

Everybody knows this was the best team we ever assembled. Poch was working with prime world class players - underachieving if anything. Each and every one of these names is Top 2 material. Walk into City’s side.

I think you would struggle to find one bad word ever been said about any of them!!

Get out of your parallel universe.

• 1Lloris
  • 4AlderweireldSubstituted Sissoko24'minutes
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 5Vertonghen
  • 2Trippier
  • 23Eriksen
  • 15Dier
  • 29WinksSubstituted Dembélé66'minutes
  • 33Davies
  • 20Alli
  • 10KaneSubstituted Llorente79'minutes

You really are a fantasist.

So we have got to how many semi-finals and finals in the 22 years? And we have lost each because of a lack of investment and not because we sh!t the bed literally every single time?

In your world it seems success only comes when success has been achieved and you work backwards to find the framework that suits your argument.

I state once again part of it is better placed investment but as big a part is that you get your choices right and your manager adds the necessary value.

Not one single poster on this forum (apart from Mr Hindsight) woukd have taken Woolwich's squad over ours at the start of the season. I still wouldn't but what you do is see what's happening and spout.

Balance.

I don't like cups. No wonder I support the club.

Taking a reverse approach to this;

There are some Spurs players who are new to the club, young, unproven, or a combination of all of these things, and do not deserve to be binned or ruled in or out at the current time. This group is;

Forster, Lenglet, Spence, Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Gil, Richarlison.

This next group are the only current Spurs players that you can hang your hat on to get it right more often than not. They are proven and reliable contributing players.

Son, Kane, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Perisic and Romero.

There is then a further group of players who get it right half the time by making saves, tackles, blocks, interceptions or scoring goals. However they also make frequent errors and occasional costly errors; in particular against stronger opposition, with patchy and inconsistent form and are reaching / have already reached the point of no return at Spurs

Lloris, Dier, Davies, Doherty, Sessegnon, Moura.

The last group of players are probably done already.

Sanchez, Royal, Tanganga, N'dombele, Lo Celso, Winks. Reguillon, Rodon.

In summary Spurs have 14 players on their books, from the last two groups, who all take significant salaries, and will probably never contribute very much to the success of the Spurs first team ever again.

It's half the squad.

Would that be the same Ipswich who, I believe, were above us, were a forward thinking team and had a much better recent history when ENIC took over?

I honestly wonder how he feels.
I think he saw that as a fun dalliance with greatness and understands that as a small town club the Championship is about right for them. Hoping for promotion from L1 after some shitty recent seasons.

I don't like cups. No wonder I support the club.
I do like cups but I’ll support us regardless of winning them.
Winning has become concentrated to a couple of clubs in every league across Europe. It always was for many of them. Our revenue is 5th or 6th largest. That buys us (what?).
These idiots basically want (and think they can get) a nation state sugar daddy as opposed to a business owner.
Now for more disagrees from pratts who think United fans have gone forwards under the Glaziers.

Would that be the same Ipswich who, I believe, were above us, were a forward thinking team and had a much better recent history when ENIC took over?

I honestly wonder how he feels.
How about a comparison vs our actual peers rather than fucking Ipswich? Fairly certain their fans don’t pay c.£80 per game

I think he saw that as a fun dalliance with greatness and understands that as a small town club the Championship is about right for them. Hoping for promotion from L1 after some shitty recent seasons.
They struggled against my mates side on Monday for an hour (non league step 3 Bracknell)

Back
Top Bottom