The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been beyond excited in the lead up to every World Cup since the Mexico WC in 1970.This time around I really couldn’t care less and when Blatter came out last week stating that ‘in hindsight’ it was a mistake to award it to Qatar…….no shit Sherlock!!!
And please let this be the first, last and only winter World Cup. Fuming.

I'll be watching England and a few over games, I'm sure but really not that interested in this world cup.

Don't even know what group we are in.

Football just feels lost, especially international football

So FIFA could be in breach of their contract with Budweiser because the company won’t be able to sell their piss water at the tournament. Serves FIFA right, I hope Budweiser take them to the cleaners.

Qataris want Fifa to reverse the decision to allow beer to be sold at all stadiums which will host World Cup matches. (Times - subscription required)
Simplifying things somewhat, and as horrible as it may sound, I want as much to go wrong as possible, that doesn't cause death or pain (well, not much) - no beers, fucked-up transport, etc. I want the Qataris to change more things at the last minute, and more of what happened yesterday with some FIFA top brass had to be relocated to another hotel as their planned accommodation wasn't ready - good news was that the new hotel is designated 'dry' and wasn't quite up to the standards of the unfinished hotel. Small things but from little acorns, etc.

I know fans have invested a lot of time and money in getting to a world cup but I just want everything to mess up on a corporate level, and the Qatari Royal Family carry on with changing things at the last minute, as per the Budweiser issue at all stadia.

Infantino has an unchallenged election so unless things change from the outside, his and all the other previous FIFA bods corruption deeds and mis-management will carry on in some guise. The football break away should be from FIFA, and not the creation of a European Super League. It will take as little as 4 countries wanting to break away - England, Germany, Argentina and Brazil - and then most of the European and South American nations will follow, as will then most of the rest of the world. As I said, it's simplifying things somewhat but unless there's a collective stand, nothing changes.

Alcohol will not be sold at the World Cup's eight stadiums in Qatar, Fifa have announced.

Alcohol was set to be served "in select areas within stadiums", despite its sale being strictly controlled in the Muslim country.

Those in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol.

Simplifying things somewhat, and as horrible as it may sound, I want as much to go wrong as possible, that doesn't cause death or pain (well, not much) - no beers, fucked-up transport, etc. I want the Qataris to change more things at the last minute, and more of what happened yesterday with some FIFA top brass had to be relocated to another hotel as their planned accommodation wasn't ready - good news was that the new hotel is designated 'dry' and wasn't quite up to the standards of the unfinished hotel. Small things but from little acorns, etc.

I know fans have invested a lot of time and money in getting to a world cup but I just want everything to mess up on a corporate level, and the Qatari Royal Family carry on with changing things at the last minute, as per the Budweiser issue at all stadia.

Infantino has an unchallenged election so unless things change from the outside, his and all the other previous FIFA bods corruption deeds and mis-management will carry on in some guise. The football break away should be from FIFA, and not the creation of a European Super League. It will take as little as 4 countries wanting to break away - England, Germany, Argentina and Brazil - and then most of the European and South American nations will follow, as will then most of the rest of the world. As I said, it's simplifying things somewhat but unless there's a collective stand, nothing changes.

What I want to know is, if a team scores a goal and loads of supporters of the same sex are hugging in the crowd in celebration, are they rounded up and arrested?

They've changed this drinking thing last minute, what else will they change or not adhere to during the tournament. Seems like they cant be trusted at all. FIFA made their bed though.

I'm surprised there were any left alive to invite!

Translation
"Supporters were prevented by security guards from entering Alvalade with T-shirts in support of migrant workers from Qatar, made by Amnesty International".

This is all so fucking obvious.... (and dare I say, hilarious!) They got what they paid for....

I thought Russia was the most corrupt, bought World Cup .. seems this one is gonna blow it out of the water!

The Qataris paid their money, they get to choose... they're not even bothering to hide what an odious, corrupt, double standard nation they are...

Ban beer, stone gays to death, let migrant workers die.... what bit of it IS Haram?
the gay bit, or the locking them up in prison bit?

As long as Allah is happy, eh?
thumbing all his Qatari banknotes on the twerking asses of 72 virgins! (or whatever is waiting for them in Paradise, to reward them for treating women as 2nd class citizens, and homosexuals as criminals!)

I'd hate to be a kid right now, if THIS is the first word cup they remember!

I had '78 & '82... (although, having watched the FIFA documentary, Argentina '78 was as corrupt as it gets... hindsight, eh?)

Alcohol will not be sold at the World Cup's eight stadiums in Qatar, Fifa have announced.

Alcohol was set to be served "in select areas within stadiums", despite its sale being strictly controlled in the Muslim country.

Those in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol.

"Those in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol."

The people's world cup. :harrysmile:

Last edited:

"Those in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol."

So basically, Qatar's values are flexible for the right price.... Just like FIFAs.

Fancy that! :pocheyes:

So basically, Qatar's values are flexible for the right price.... Just like FIFAs.

Fancy that! :pocheyes:
Yeah apparently only need a 16k box to get a beer

Back
Top Bottom