The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never thought I'd say this, but I love Germany.
Because we all shut up?
Sheep Silence GIF by STUDIOCANAL France

I never thought I'd say this, but I love Germany.
taylor swift what GIF

Maybe you are one to me!

Have you forgotten that we, our glorious, invincible German national team, playing in another time, packed our bags in Russia early and left?

(That was a form of massive resistance that has not been recognized until today - very successful!)
idiot lol GIF

So, no need to step down!

Accidentally clicked on this thread and wow....just another reminder of how completely outrageously we get fucked over at sporting events in the US.

To prepare you for 2026, this isn't even expensive by US sporting event standards. I pay higher prices than all of this at our 2nd division local "soccer" club. So 2nd rate of what's considered a 2nd class sport. Last MLB game I went to I paid over $17/beer.
Well you were at an MLB game, so they already had you nailed for a sucker.

The issue isn't with individual people, players or not, Muslims or not.

The issue is the laws in Qatar.

From a Western society POV The laws are wrong but it's their laws and beliefs and we just have to accept that.

You may want to argue that they shouldn't have bid for the tournament but FIFA shouldn't have give it to them but we are where we are with this.

The people of Qatar have been brought up to believe a certain ideology, that's their belief and their culture and if you're going over there whilst in their country you just have to respect it, just like anywhere you go to.

From a Western society POV The laws are wrong but it's their laws and beliefs and we just have to accept that.

You may want to argue that they shouldn't have bid for the tournament but FIFA shouldn't have give it to them but we are where we are with this.

The people of Qatar have been brought up to believe a certain ideology, that's their belief and their culture and if you're going over there whilst in their country you just have to respect it, just like anywhere you go to.
Do I bollocks have to respect any country that discriminates against a section of society.

Did you "respect" apartheid in South Africa ?

Still struggling with the commentary here. So far the pundits have called wing backs "running backs" at least twice and has also let us know that "the most important match" in this "awesome tourney" is usa vs England . The most " important and anticipated" game. Forget the final....
Feck me, you've got it bad.

Do I bollocks have to respect any country that discriminates against a section of society.

Did you "respect" apartheid in South Africa ?

You're not there so you wouldn't need to respect it.

If you went there you would have to, that's the point.

If they had a WC during Apartheid in South Africa would I go there no? And even if I did go there would I actively protest and get them to change their beliefs, no.

Even if you managed to take away all the slaves who died building these stadiums and take away the fact that not only is illegal to be gay in Qatar and the fact they have shown themselves to be so homophobic they wont even allow people to wear an Armband associated with it, lets say you manage to look past this as its "all about the football and not politics" - Why is the world cup being held in a country that has no football heritage what so ever???

Why don't we start having the Winter Olympics in Dubai, lets have the rugby world cup in Afghan?

I think it may already be to late for FIFA and football in general, the rot is to deep , however i think there should be a rule in place that unless you have qualified for a world cup in a previous competition, no matter how many Billions in bribes you throw at Fifa you cannot apply to host one, and then if you do host one it should be in the fucking summer!!! This winter World cup is bollox, it should be Beers and BBQ's watching the footie not sitting in front of the fire with the heating on as its pissing down cold outside!

You're not there so you wouldn't need to respect it.

If you went there you would have to, that's the point.

If they had a WC during Apartheid in South Africa would I go there no? And even if I did go there would I actively protest and get them to change their beliefs, no.
No, you don't have to respect archaic laws.
The whole world should be speaking out against it.

FIFA would never have awarded a World Cup to South Africa due to apartheid and the exclusion of one section of society.
But apparently it's ok for them to award it to Qatar because it's "only" gay people.

Back
Top Bottom